The Official Clan Sitting Rules (Old Version)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby GI O on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:55 pm

the efforts of this initiative are going to be bogged down in rules and petty bickering.
does the 1 hr rule apply if i know in advance i'm out and can ask a clan member / buddy to sit for me - surely you must let my sitter play my turns when it is convenient for him ???
does the sitter HAVE to be a clan member ??? e.g. i have a mate in r/l who plays c/c, and would prefer he sits my games rather than a.n.other user ?
in doubles can my partner sit and play for both of us?

as a suggestion, set up a clan sitters forum where all known absences must be declared, and pre-announced sitters be permitted, sitter must identify himself, player cannot play ANY other game while being sat for.
emergency sitting = non-declared sitting and should only be permitted AFTER 1 miss, but then follows rules as per declared sitters.
Sergeant 1st Class GI O
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 pm
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby Nicky15 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Finsfleet and freakns......

Now you aren't following the number one rule of rules club, take a deep breath ;) I really don't want to have lock this thread [-o<

Now while you think you may have valid points basically most you are saying was already against site rules. Now this a clean slate, we are moving forward. We must all adhere to site rules. They are there to prevent abuse. Now why you may state you will break them, i urge to take a step back and consider what you are saying.

If you have a planned vacation, why is it such an a big deal to mention it to your clan.....Is that not a bit disrespectful. Your clan organisers spend a great deal of their spare time organising clan wars etc. If you say you will break the rules, how is that fair on them. Because ultimately it wont just be you that will cause infractions, these infractions will affect your sitters and ultimately your whole clan. If your clan keeps fielding players who cant take their turns , and if you log onto someones account for the reasons stated the clan will suffer. Why would anyone want that.

I would also urge anyone associated with a person who is publicly stating they will break the rules, to change their password immediately. You must not give permission for someone to enter your account for any other reason than to cover a turn as detailed in the rules. Thanks.
Image
Clan Recruitment pages http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=440
OSA 2013 GRAND POOBA Seamus76
User avatar
Colonel Nicky15
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:15 pm
Location: England
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (19) General Contribution (4)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby Nicky15 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:43 pm

To clear a few things up.

The emergency hour rule is for when the player in question has gone awol. And you have had no contact from them. If someone asks you to cover an account for a certain period of time then that's different.

Yes this hour rule is a slight contradiction. But we feel without a legal option to cover awol players then we will see wide spread abuse occurring. Also to ban the covering of potential missed turns would be unpopular and hard for most clans to live with.

It has never been ideal for someone to hold your password 24/7 but it is not against the rules. This has become a way of life now in the clan world with most players having a regular sitter. My advice.. choose your sitters wisely, and only pick a sitter who you trust not to break rules with your account.

GI O wrote:as a suggestion, set up a clan sitters forum where all known absences must be declared, and pre-announced sitters be permitted, sitter must identify himself, player cannot play ANY other game while being sat for.
emergency sitting = non-declared sitting and should only be permitted AFTER 1 miss, but then follows rules as per declared sitters.


The sitter thread is a good idea, we have discussed this already in the consultation group. We will continue to discuss how we go about logging sitting in the user-group, this may be in the form of a thread or posting in the relevant war threads for games you are competing in

In regards to breaking these rules, I will stress again the minor things will not get you in trouble. If you forget to post in the odd game. As long as you did just forget, and not do it to disguise the fact that you sat then you will be fine. If you cover a turn for a clan mate in a different time zone because you are well aware that it is 2am in his country, he has never taken turns at this time of night before and there is no way he is going to take that turn within 2-3 hours again this would be fine. There are many variables and situations that we just cant make a rule for without drowning in them. We need the list simple as possible and we will apply common sense when looking at anything. All of these examples may be noted.

We will discuss a punishment scale in the new user-group in consultation with members from every clan. In here we will decide what constitutes a minor infraction, and just how many of these minor infractions you can accumulate before it becomes an actual infraction. Like i said the odd minor thing with a reasonable explanation will be accepted. Its when things happen on a regular basis then we would need to act.
Image
Clan Recruitment pages http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=440
OSA 2013 GRAND POOBA Seamus76
User avatar
Colonel Nicky15
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:15 pm
Location: England
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (19) General Contribution (4)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby freakns on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Nicky15 wrote:Finsfleet and freakns......

Now you aren't following the number one rule of rules club, take a deep breath ;) I really don't want to have lock this thread [-o<

Now while you think you may have valid points basically most you are saying was already against site rules. Now this a clean slate, we are moving forward. We must all adhere to site rules. They are there to prevent abuse. Now why you may state you will break them, i urge to take a step back and consider what you are saying.

If you have a planned vacation, why is it such an a big deal to mention it to your clan.....Is that not a bit disrespectful. Your clan organisers spend a great deal of their spare time organising clan wars etc. If you say you will break the rules, how is that fair on them. Because ultimately it wont just be you that will cause infractions, these infractions will affect your sitters and ultimately your whole clan. If your clan keeps fielding players who cant take their turns , and if you log onto someones account for the reasons stated the clan will suffer. Why would anyone want that.

i dont want clean slate. i will stay behind my actions. if looking at clan game is banable offense, then ban me, simple as that. dont go by higher ground here. you said your only goal is to make clan world better place. as far as i can see, i am the cancer to that place, so remove it. or shell we be honest and say truthfully what is all this about?! name the persons who are responsible for "making new rules", cmon, be honest and say whats this all about.
someone here said "take a screenshot and post it on forum", because thats legal. are you kidding me?! thats far worse and have much more consequences then me liking to know what is going on.
also, if someone goes into vacation he will say that to his sitter, not sure why is it important to be posted in clan war thread?!
and it was mentioned more then once, by hunters, having someones permanent password is illegal. now i here its not illegal. so hunters have been lying all this time?
Image
Brigadier freakns
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby L M S on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:32 pm

freakns wrote:
Nicky15 wrote:Finsfleet and freakns......

Now you aren't following the number one rule of rules club, take a deep breath ;) I really don't want to have lock this thread [-o<

Now while you think you may have valid points basically most you are saying was already against site rules. Now this a clean slate, we are moving forward. We must all adhere to site rules. They are there to prevent abuse. Now why you may state you will break them, i urge to take a step back and consider what you are saying.

If you have a planned vacation, why is it such an a big deal to mention it to your clan.....Is that not a bit disrespectful. Your clan organisers spend a great deal of their spare time organising clan wars etc. If you say you will break the rules, how is that fair on them. Because ultimately it wont just be you that will cause infractions, these infractions will affect your sitters and ultimately your whole clan. If your clan keeps fielding players who cant take their turns , and if you log onto someones account for the reasons stated the clan will suffer. Why would anyone want that.

i dont want clean slate. i will stay behind my actions. if looking at clan game is banable offense, then ban me, simple as that. dont go by higher ground here. you said your only goal is to make clan world better place. as far as i can see, i am the cancer to that place, so remove it. or shell we be honest and say truthfully what is all this about?! name the persons who are responsible for "making new rules", cmon, be honest and say whats this all about.
someone here said "take a screenshot and post it on forum", because thats legal. are you kidding me?! thats far worse and have much more consequences then me liking to know what is going on.
also, if someone goes into vacation he will say that to his sitter, not sure why is it important to be posted in clan war thread?!
and it was mentioned more then once, by hunters, having someones permanent password is illegal. now i here its not illegal. so hunters have been lying all this time?


U mad, bro?
Image
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
User avatar
Major L M S
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado USA
Medals: 157
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (4)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby squishyg on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Sorry if I missed this, but how will anyone know there's account sitting if its not voluntarily announced?

It seems like a lot of thought and energy is going into this; is this a whole lotta rule for a few instances that have been determined to be cheating?
Image
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
User avatar
Captain squishyg
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 pm
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby laughingcavalier on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:freakns and betiko: Team CC has made it very clear that you should not have someone else's permanent password and thus you should already have not been doing what you are arguing for. This is not new and is not changing with these rules. That has been a site rule for awhile now. As has been mentioned, there are perfectly legal workarounds that require a bit more effort on the part of the actual players in the game (as it should be).


I believe that to be an incorrect statement. KA has strongly suggested NOT having someone else's password but it has never been forbidden.

+1
16:12:07 ‹Ace Rimmer› your wife's face was a sticky situation
Lmao
Image
User avatar
General laughingcavalier
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:31 pm
Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:59 pm

squishyg wrote:Sorry if I missed this, but how will anyone know there's account sitting if its not voluntarily announced?



Nicky15 wrote:
...1, The announcing in chat, of the name of the person who has covered a turn will now be
mandatory...

...In response to the idea that people will just cheat anyway, the hunters will routinely check IPs, and assist us in checking suspicious activity abusing the account sitting rule...



Does this answer your question squishy? Tbh, I'm not sure if it's what you were looking for but I thought I would offer.

As far as the few instances, for those known I have a feeling that for every instance we hear of there are ten that go unseen. Hard to say how many but the fact remains that it is certainly possible and most likely probable. Why not err on the side of caution, better safe than sorry, etc., etc..

As far as the sticky jokes, maybe you guys want to bring it to a pm environment? Not everyone finds that sort of thing amusing. In fact, some of us find it downright piggy. :|
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby Foxglove on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
squishyg wrote:Sorry if I missed this, but how will anyone know there's account sitting if its not voluntarily announced?



Nicky15 wrote:
...1, The announcing in chat, of the name of the person who has covered a turn will now be
mandatory...

...In response to the idea that people will just cheat anyway, the hunters will routinely check IPs, and assist us in checking suspicious activity abusing the account sitting rule...



Does this answer your question squishy? Tbh, I'm not sure if it's what you were looking for but I thought I would offer.


....

:roll:

....

Back to a subject I raised earlier and have yet to receive a reply about - why is unlimited singled out as the only setting (let's not even get started on map choices!) worthy of individual mention? I think that references to any specific game setting should be removed from the rules, or there should be a detailed assessment done of ALL settings and maps and include everything that fits the criteria (what are the criteria, btw?) in the rules.
Brigadier Foxglove
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:05 pm
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:01 pm

freakns wrote:
ps. i dont want to turn this into personal debate. and if we challenge you and win in clan war would that change your point on this matter? if we lose i surely wouldnt change mine, so what was actually the point you were trying to achieve by asking for challenge and insulting me in same time?


You said that all top clans looked at the games that they weren't in, and that you did as well.
I said that what you were doing was considered account sharing by the site (in general).
You made it personal by trying to point out MY clan was not "a top clan".
I responded by saying, if you think so lowly of my clan, either challenge us or shut up.

There was no insult by me. I simply said, you want to start pointing fingers at who is top for no reason, and speak badly of our clan than feel free to challenge us. No insults there. The challenge was regarding your opinion of our clan. Not anything to do with this topic of account sharing.

Pretty simple.
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Image

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
User avatar
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 5560
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby JCR on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 pm

squishyg wrote:It seems like a lot of thought and energy is going into this; is this a whole lotta rule for a few instances that have been determined to be cheating?

Its called fixing a problem with a sledge hammer rather than a scalpel. this shit is getting waaaay out of hand. the only thing you are going to accomplish with this is create a flood of dumb over researched C&A reports generated by sore losers and people with axes to grind. You guys do realize that hyper addicted players on this site do not give a damn about the "rules" of this site. I put rules in parenthesis because they are only enforced periodically on some people sometimes leading to absolute confusion. If anyone truly cared about enforcing these rules and procedures there is a simple fix(s).
A)Write a Program that blocks everyone from sitting for anyone
B)Create a sitter function so it is easy to monitor who is sitting for who in any games
User avatar
Captain JCR
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:16 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (11)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Nicky15 wrote:We are not trying to make things difficult, less fun.....


And yet, that's precisely what a rule that says you are only to account sit when a game has one hour or less does. Do you know how freaking annoying that is?
User avatar
Major ViperOverLord
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: California
Medals: 127
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby jj3044 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 pm

I take exception to people generalizing stating that "all clans" or "all top clans" do that.

Here is an excerpt from our clan rules, which our leadership drafted earlier in the year.

4. Only go on an account of another player if you are sitting for them, or they are about to miss a turn.


While not as complicated as the rules outlined in this forum, it has served us pretty well.
Image
User avatar
Colonel jj3044
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:22 pm
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (23)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Give me a bit to sort all this out. I will respond to as many concerns as I can.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Major Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9505
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures
Medals: 140
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 am

Seriously though, if you are griping that the rules are too strict what is it that you are so aggravated by/fearful of? Missing turns lolz? This, of all things, is what you choose to rail against??? We are talking about the very real possibility of players GAINING AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE DURING CLAN WARS. Why in the world would anyone object to changes attempting to prevent this sort of thing from happening?
I can think of one reason...
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Login