Clan League 5 Nuke Spoils

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should Clan League 5 Allow Nuke Spoils?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 51

Clan League 5 Nuke Spoils

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 am

Do you think that Clan League 5 should allow for nuclear spoils?
Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (43) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Clan League 5 Nuke Spoils

Postby Ickyketseddie on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 am

I've never really understood the exclusion of nuke spoils from clan tourneys. I dont see that they should be treated any different to the other spoils settings. Personally i'm all for it. :D
Captain Ickyketseddie

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am

Ickyketseddie wrote:I've never really understood the exclusion of nuke spoils from clan tourneys. I dont see that they should be treated any different to the other spoils settings. Personally i'm all for it. :D

Even though we don't use it much, +1
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Postby chemefreak on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 am

Bring it on!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (6)

Postby Swifte on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 am

My personal opinion is that the goal of clan competitions is to reflect who has the best strategy of the clans involved. While I'm not arguing that there's a strategy involved to playing with nuke cards, there's also a pretty big element of chance that it introduces, which is the main negative of nuke cards to me. I acknowledge that there's an element of chance in every game, but nukes take it to a higher degree, without adding that much to the the realm of required strategy.

I've played and won lots of nuke tournies, nearly have my gold nuke medal, but I don't think it's a good setting for clan events.
Major Swifte
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (31) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby cooldeals on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 am

Should Clan League 5 Allow Spoils?

Yes.

You might want to add "Nuclear" to that poll question I'm guessing.
Colonel cooldeals
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 95
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (13) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 am

Swifte wrote:My personal opinion is that the goal of clan competitions is to reflect who has the best strategy of the clans involved. While I'm not arguing that there's a strategy involved to playing with nuke cards, there's also a pretty big element of chance that it introduces, which is the main negative of nuke cards to me. I acknowledge that there's an element of chance in every game, but nukes take it to a higher degree, without adding that much to the the realm of required strategy.

I've played and won lots of nuke tournies, nearly have my gold nuke medal, but I don't think it's a good setting for clan events.

I'm with Swifte on this one.
Colonel Epitaph1

Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (48) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby jghost7 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am

Epitaph1 wrote:
Swifte wrote:My personal opinion is that the goal of clan competitions is to reflect who has the best strategy of the clans involved. While I'm not arguing that there's a strategy involved to playing with nuke cards, there's also a pretty big element of chance that it introduces, which is the main negative of nuke cards to me. I acknowledge that there's an element of chance in every game, but nukes take it to a higher degree, without adding that much to the the realm of required strategy.

I'm with Swifte on this one.

Me too.
Major jghost7

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am

how does nuclear involve more luck than escalating or flat rate please?? it's just a total different way of thinking and placing troops. get a double pair in a teamgame escalating at the worse moment and tell me if nuke spoils are too luck related.. it's just a game type where you count less on bonuses. Anyway, if both clans agree on it I really don't see how it could be still banned.
side note: I'd put a rule though. If anyone misses a spoil on purpose by letting the timer run they lose the game.
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby jigger1986 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 am

I'm all for nukes in clan games.

betiko wrote:side note: I'd put a rule though. If anyone misses a spoil on purpose by letting the timer run they lose the game.

2nd this!
Major jigger1986

Medals: 143
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 pm

betiko wrote:how does nuclear involve more luck than escalating or flat rate please?? it's just a total different way of thinking and placing troops. get a double pair in a teamgame escalating at the worse moment and tell me if nuke spoils are too luck related.. it's just a game type where you count less on bonuses. Anyway, if both clans agree on it I really don't see how it could be still banned.
side note: I'd put a rule though. If anyone misses a spoil on purpose by letting the timer run they lose the game.

It adds more luck because if you get a card of yourself or an opponent, you can wipe out massive amounts of armies. If it's escalating and you get your own tert, you get +2. That's a pretty big discrepancy.

I'm with Swifte's thought. I have nuclear gold, playing it is not an issue for me, but I think it does introduce a little more luck than other spoils.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 pm

There will be no vote on this. Nukes will be allowed. Any abuse will be dealt with swiftly.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 140
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 pm

hes talking about votes amongst the clan directors.

They might not care about what people want, but I still want to know.

Keep voting in this poll please.
Captain BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (43) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (4)

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

chapcrap wrote:
betiko wrote:how does nuclear involve more luck than escalating or flat rate please?? it's just a total different way of thinking and placing troops. get a double pair in a teamgame escalating at the worse moment and tell me if nuke spoils are too luck related.. it's just a game type where you count less on bonuses. Anyway, if both clans agree on it I really don't see how it could be still banned.

It adds more luck because if you get a card of yourself or an opponent, you can wipe out massive amounts of armies. If it's escalating and you get your own tert, you get +2. That's a pretty big discrepancy.

I'm with Swifte's thought. I have nuclear gold, playing it is not an issue for me, but I think it does introduce a little more luck than other spoils.

having a huge stack on an unsafe territory is plain stupid. I guess clan players know better than that. If someone gets nuked the hell out it's just that they don't know how to play team nukes.
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 am

The luck element is there to an extent but you can as Betiko said, not take silly risks. It's an extra element of strategy to consider when selecting games. Personally I don't think it will be used a great deal, certainly not by the top clans but then nor is flat rate.
Colonel jetsetwilly

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (12) General Contribution (2)

Next

Return to Clan Archives