CCup 4 format discussion (ver 5, p. 28)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:14 am

AOC's involvement will definitely be dependent on a good break between the semi finals and cc4. I don't think this needs to follow an annual cycle and the most important thing is to leave a decent sized gap. It's very hard for the clans in the final 4 to run other independent wars without a gap.

For me the main changes to discuss are around settings, nukes are in for the league and must surely be considered here too. Trench is not so divisive as it once was and we for one would be pro including it in the cup. Concerns about the length of games have been raised but recent analysis seemed to suggest that wasn't a major issue after all.
Image
User avatar
Colonel jetsetwilly
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 am
Location: United Kingdom
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (12) General Contribution (2)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Leehar on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 am

Dako wrote:
ahunda wrote:Yeah, that was my first & pretty much only reaction to this thread: Ugh ... so soon ?

We in IA have done some re-grouping ourselves, and when we were planning our activities for the near future (some weeks ago), we assumed, we still had months til the next Cup.

We didn´t even consider the idea, that Cup 4 could start, before Cup 3 is finished. And I honestly don´t see, why it should. It´s not like this must be an annual event.

Well, we can obviously not expect, that the schedule will be modeled according to our personal likings/needs.

Ok, I might have rushed with those dates. Somehow I thought that previous cup started during finals but I was wrong, sorry.

I will go and edit the OP to indicate that this schedule is subject to review.

There was some overlap

Play-in Started 13 April - viewtopic.php?f=441&t=168470
Last Game in CC2 Finals ended 17 April (tho war was decided half-way through march?) viewtopic.php?f=442&t=160720

Kort only ended up playing their first round in June, so that was a decent gap?

A bye for the top 8 clans could possibly negate that need as well?
Image
show
User avatar
General Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director
 
Posts: 6066
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: Graduation Ceremony
Medals: 129
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (9)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:31 am

Leehar wrote:
Dako wrote:
ahunda wrote:Yeah, that was my first & pretty much only reaction to this thread: Ugh ... so soon ?

We in IA have done some re-grouping ourselves, and when we were planning our activities for the near future (some weeks ago), we assumed, we still had months til the next Cup.

We didn´t even consider the idea, that Cup 4 could start, before Cup 3 is finished. And I honestly don´t see, why it should. It´s not like this must be an annual event.

Well, we can obviously not expect, that the schedule will be modeled according to our personal likings/needs.

Ok, I might have rushed with those dates. Somehow I thought that previous cup started during finals but I was wrong, sorry.

I will go and edit the OP to indicate that this schedule is subject to review.

There was some overlap

Play-in Started 13 April - viewtopic.php?f=441&t=168470
Last Game in CC2 Finals ended 17 April (tho war was decided half-way through march?) viewtopic.php?f=442&t=160720

Kort only ended up playing their first round in June, so that was a decent gap?

A bye for the top 8 clans could possibly negate that need as well?


Better still the top 4 get a bye to the semi final ;)
Image
User avatar
Colonel jetsetwilly
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 am
Location: United Kingdom
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (12) General Contribution (2)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:48 am

Why go 1v32, 2v31 ..... ?

Free medals for the top clans and a waste of time for the weakest? Competition for those in the middle in the first round but at least half of the match ups are going to be effectively walk-overs?
User avatar
Major Vid_FISO
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Hants
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 am

I like the idea of giving the top clans (4,6 or 8) a buy into the second round.
I think nukes should be allowed, however Im still on the fence with trench.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:15 pm
Location: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Medals: 147
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby benga on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:38 am

Game 12172270

this is just small example why trench needs round limit
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class benga
 
Posts: 4497
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm
Medals: 171
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby freakns on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 pm

as i said for nukes in CL5, i dont usually play them, but im fine with it.

as for trench, im totally against it. first, i dont like the gameplay. second, and more important, good drop will give you a game. tactics cant beat good drop in trench
Image
Brigadier freakns
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby hyposquasher on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:42 pm

freakns wrote:as for trench, im totally against it. first, i dont like the gameplay. second, and more important, good drop will give you a game. tactics cant beat good drop in trench


But this is the same with countless other maps and settings that are allowed. Look no further than a lucky/unlucky set of nuclear spoils. And second, your statement will only apply to trench with some maps. Most maps will still depend largely on the decisions that the players make. I think trench should be allowed.
This image cannot be clicked.
Image

High Score: 3743 - 04-24-2014
User avatar
General hyposquasher
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Nukes have been around long enough and won't be used much, let it in no limit. (it'll be limited in use anyway)

Trench is newer, limit it (10%?) and require 30 round limit on these games.Perhaps require they all get placed in first round as well to eleviate length concerns.
Image
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby The Voice on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:Why go 1v32, 2v31 ..... ?

Free medals for the top clans and a waste of time for the weakest? Competition for those in the middle in the first round but at least half of the match ups are going to be effectively walk-overs?


I don't believe anyone's going to address this point unless you propose a suggestion. Also, you're assuming the lower-ranked clan will lose every time in round 1. The underdog stands to move up in the rankings should they win (and three underdogs won in the first round of CC3).
Image
User avatar
Colonel The Voice
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Location, Location!
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Yes I understand schedule wise the desire for byes but I think each clan should be given a chance for the upset. It's unlikely, but look at OSA. They were 24th seeded at start of CC3 and nearly had a run at KORT, rank 1. We can't assume starting seed / rank just are easy wins.

I know it's different, but every once in awhile you have "Cinderella stories" in sports. If the wars are "so easy", then the easy games will be like a break in itself? Or they can run partial rosters first few rounds to give those who need rest a break.
Image
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby HardAttack on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:40 pm

cup format looks pretty cool, good job dako =D> :D
User avatar
Colonel HardAttack
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:43 pm

I dont understand why will each match need to worth medal? Why can we build real Cup competition, where winner ,runner up,,and third place will get medals.
Also decrease number of games per round, will speed these competition,to not last over 1 year.

Finale-61 game (Medal for Winner and Runner UP)
Third place-61 game (Medal For Third Place)
round of 4-31 game
Round of 8-31 game
Round of 16-21 games
round of 32- 21 games
--------------------------------
In any cup competition we know who get medal,,but here everybody get medal, so value of competition who are last over 1 year are decrease.

In League , only winners will be medal recipient,, what are proper ,and what increase value of LEague Competition.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9193
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 pm

When I brought up medals in CL5 qwert you stated that CL5 wasn't CC4. Just because CL5 doesn't have many medals doesn't mean CC4 shouldn't - they are seperate events.

I could see going to less games for round of 32 maybe (I'd hate to be rank 16 and 17 and have 21 games decide if you get a chance to go further in the event) but full wars (and medals) should be the rest of the way. But I like having a long event like this. That's part of the draw
Image
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:24 pm

The Voice wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:Why go 1v32, 2v31 ..... ?

Free medals for the top clans and a waste of time for the weakest? Competition for those in the middle in the first round but at least half of the match ups are going to be effectively walk-overs?


I don't believe anyone's going to address this point unless you propose a suggestion. Also, you're assuming the lower-ranked clan will lose every time in round 1. The underdog stands to move up in the rankings should they win (and three underdogs won in the first round of CC3).


Plenty of sports out there with cup competitions and I'd presume a lot of experienced TOs in here that have run tourneys with a lot of different KO formats.

But for a "fairer" suggestion taken from tennis. seed the top 8 (working on 32 entries) in the same way for a fixed bracket so that they are the only ones with a fixed starting position in the bracket, other 24 positions are a random draw. Could possibly still give 1v32, 2v31 or 1v9, 2v10 & 29v30, 31,32 in the first round.
User avatar
Major Vid_FISO
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Hants
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Great-Ollie on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 pm

IcePack wrote:When I brought up medals in CL5 qwert you stated that CL5 wasn't CC4. Just because CL5 doesn't have many medals doesn't mean CC4 shouldn't - they are seperate events.

I could see going to less games for round of 32 maybe (I'd hate to be rank 16 and 17 and have 21 games decide if you get a chance to go further in the event) but full wars (and medals) should be the rest of the way. But I like having a long event like this. That's part of the draw


Totally agree with icepack on this issue. Many of the top clans will shy away from this event if you have less the 41 game wars to decide the victor. As good as we all like to think that we are, bad drops, dice fail, and hot streaks do occur. I can only speak for myself but i think a 41 game threshold is on the bottom line for what i feel is comfortable to determine the true winner. There will always be upsets but over 41 games the best clan usually wins. Medals for the top 3 finishers is kind of a cool idea. Have no medals until the podium i really like that. Do you think there is any way we could get a new type of medal created for this event just like the Conquer Cup? Have gold, silver, and bronze medals awarded to the winning clans every year. Could add to the excitement? Just an idea to get more excitement involved if the medals were not so easy to obtain. Dako the rest looks good and The Pack is looking forward to the event. :D
Image
User avatar
Major Great-Ollie
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 pm
Location: Northern British Columbia
Medals: 120
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:35 pm

benga wrote:Game 12172270

this is just small example why trench needs round limit


Why are games that take a couple of months to play such a problem? My longest on trench was a Feudal Epic quads, took 40 rounds and 2 months, good game to play and a very enjoyable win.

Given that you've "only" played 50 trench games, do you not think that faced with an identical map and settings that your experience would lead you to play differently to some degree and possibly win quicker (or lose) as a result?
User avatar
Major Vid_FISO
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Hants
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
benga wrote:Game 12172270

this is just small example why trench needs round limit


Why are games that take a couple of months to play such a problem? My longest on trench was a Feudal Epic quads, took 40 rounds and 2 months, good game to play and a very enjoyable win.

Given that you've "only" played 50 trench games, do you not think that faced with an identical map and settings that your experience would lead you to play differently to some degree and possibly win quicker (or lose) as a result?



Because you need to keep on time with an event like this. We do not need games slowing down the whole event.

Also I agree with 100% with Great Ollie. 41 games at least or nothing. BTW all of you who are talking about breaks, etc etc. KORT should be the first clan if any looking for a break, but we plan to keep right on rolling. The overlap is usually not as bad as it seems. Clans just need to keep on target so we can get to the dates needed. And yes while this event has been great for the 1st 3 years the medals that come from it are great also. If only the winner got a medal then KORT would be the only one to get one from this event. That is not fair to the countless other people and clans who put tons of work into beating clan X in a war. Why Change what is a good format? When Chuuuck originally posted the first format it was a great idea. Do not try to make the cup something it is not. The play in round used to be 21 games and maybe it could go back to that again, but past that no need to drop any game numbers.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Major Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9572
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures
Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:47 pm

I would support any play ins being 21.
Image
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:
benga wrote:Game 12172270

this is just small example why trench needs round limit


Why are games that take a couple of months to play such a problem?


Because you need to keep on time with an event like this. We do not need games slowing down the whole event.


Why not just flip a virtual coin then, it can be over in seconds that way.

It takes as long as it takes, if that's 2 years then it's 2 years. If everything is delayed for a couple of weeks by one game then it does, really, so what? A load of players with no other games to play in the meantime so they' are actually waiting for the next round before they can play a new game???? A lot of high ranks with no/ few trench games to their name screaming like babies, is it about the time it takes or the fact that they have to learn new tactics and others have a head start on them due to not being precious about how "good" they and others perceive them to be?
User avatar
Major Vid_FISO
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Hants
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Great-Ollie wrote:
IcePack wrote:When I brought up medals in CL5 qwert you stated that CL5 wasn't CC4. Just because CL5 doesn't have many medals doesn't mean CC4 shouldn't - they are seperate events.

I could see going to less games for round of 32 maybe (I'd hate to be rank 16 and 17 and have 21 games decide if you get a chance to go further in the event) but full wars (and medals) should be the rest of the way. But I like having a long event like this. That's part of the draw


Totally agree with icepack on this issue. Many of the top clans will shy away from this event if you have less the 41 game wars to decide the victor. As good as we all like to think that we are, bad drops, dice fail, and hot streaks do occur. I can only speak for myself but i think a 41 game threshold is on the bottom line for what i feel is comfortable to determine the true winner. There will always be upsets but over 41 games the best clan usually wins. Medals for the top 3 finishers is kind of a cool idea. Have no medals until the podium i really like that. Do you think there is any way we could get a new type of medal created for this event just like the Conquer Cup? Have gold, silver, and bronze medals awarded to the winning clans every year. Could add to the excitement? Just an idea to get more excitement involved if the medals were not so easy to obtain. Dako the rest looks good and The Pack is looking forward to the event. :D


icepack ,its only mine sugestion,,its not meant that dako will apply any of these.
And for seeding,, well dako could give bue in two stage:
round 1 teams from 9th to ???
round 2 teams from round 1 plus teams from 5 to 8 place
round 3 teams from round 2 plus teams from 1 to 4th place
round 4 teams from round 3
round 5 teams from round 4
-----------------------------------------
for seeding in round 1 he could split teams in two pots (first pot from 9th to 22 place and second pot from 23 to what last number), and then he can do random draws, so that you dont know who play agains who.(like we do draw in CL5)
These will give more chance to low ranked teams to fight for medals(if you stay in 41 war chalenge)
Also these seeding procedure,you can apply for all rounds, so you never know who will play with who, and will introduce element of supprise.
note: these its only sugestion
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9193
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Crazyirishman on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm in favor of both nuke spoils and trench. There are certain people in our clan who like to play trench on certain maps and I'd as a leader would like to try and incorporate the settings they enjoy playing into competitive games. the. Just put a 20 or 30 round cap on the game and all should be good. There are team games that exceed the 20 rounds threshold under normal circumstances in clan wars anyways, so and usually within 20 or 30 rounds in a trench game the winner has already been decided and the cap would just end it quicker.
User avatar
Captain Crazyirishman
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby benga on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 pm

LOL at trench and new tactics, if you don't think ahead now w/o trebch, you really think trench will give you advantage???

in CC3 we waited 3 months to start war vs KORT, we don't this thing to repeat ever again

and certainly we don't want to be held hostage cause you enjoy endless and pointless games

trench with limit and it's all fine
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class benga
 
Posts: 4497
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm
Medals: 171
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby Dako on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:30 am

Great input so far from everyone, thank you.

I will make a list of suggestions and answer all of them tomorrow.

Stay tuned and continue to suggest/discuss. That helps me a lot.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Dako
 
Posts: 3948
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:07 am
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (20) General Contribution (20)

Re: CCup 4 format discussion

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:32 am

Vid_FISO wrote:
The Voice wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:Why go 1v32, 2v31 ..... ?

Free medals for the top clans and a waste of time for the weakest? Competition for those in the middle in the first round but at least half of the match ups are going to be effectively walk-overs?


I don't believe anyone's going to address this point unless you propose a suggestion. Also, you're assuming the lower-ranked clan will lose every time in round 1. The underdog stands to move up in the rankings should they win (and three underdogs won in the first round of CC3).


Plenty of sports out there with cup competitions and I'd presume a lot of experienced TOs in here that have run tourneys with a lot of different KO formats.

But for a "fairer" suggestion taken from tennis. seed the top 8 (working on 32 entries) in the same way for a fixed bracket so that they are the only ones with a fixed starting position in the bracket, other 24 positions are a random draw. Could possibly still give 1v32, 2v31 or 1v9, 2v10 & 29v30, 31,32 in the first round.


I like this a lot. It could give a real twist to the round 1 games specifically. It would also allow some of the newer clans to get a chance at a evenly matched clan. We would also have the chance of getting some really fun and tough battles in the first round instead of just the "close" ranked ones.

If we really wanted to speed the first round up we could do it with games to 21, but have the option for the 2 clans to continue the war to 41 to qualify for a medal. Although I would think we could increase that number to 31. I am not in love with the idea of having such a small war since things can go down hill fast with a few games and lead to a clan being extremely far behind early.
Image
Place: 267 Score: 2630
User avatar
Major skillfusniper33
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Arizona
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (3)

Next

Return to Clan Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login