THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby crispybits on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:30 pm

There is no push, there is a suggestion. And as evidenced in this thread there have been other suggestions of varying shades of grey between options 1 and 2 made out of a desire to compromise and meet the wishes of all clans since the vote was opened. All I have done is asked if these will be considered, as I believe all of them have merit and the final decision should be the one that brings the most amount of agreement between the most number of clans.
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:06 pm

crispybits wrote:There is no push, there is a suggestion. And as evidenced in this thread there have been other suggestions of varying shades of grey between options 1 and 2 made out of a desire to compromise and meet the wishes of all clans since the vote was opened. All I have done is asked if these will be considered, as I believe all of them have merit and the final decision should be the one that brings the most amount of agreement between the most number of clans.


=D>
Image
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
User avatar
General Chariot of Fire
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Hong Kong
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (25)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby Keefie on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:11 pm

IcePack wrote:I'm not worried about times. I also have a life thanks bruce. What I'm concerned with is the push for changing terms and items in the vote when the first phase of the vote is now supposedly over.


Because options 1 and 2 are the most divisive options. If anything can be done to tweak either that will keep the vast majority happy then I'm sure the CD's will consider it.

Many of us are prepared to compromise, a word that appears not to be in your dictionary.
Image
User avatar
Major Keefie
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby IcePack on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:17 pm

Keefie wrote:
IcePack wrote:I'm not worried about times. I also have a life thanks bruce. What I'm concerned with is the push for changing terms and items in the vote when the first phase of the vote is now supposedly over.


Because options 1 and 2 are the most divisive options. If anything can be done to tweak either that will keep the vast majority happy then I'm sure the CD's will consider it.

Many of us are prepared to compromise, a word that appears not to be in your dictionary.


Funny, I've posted many times about compromises. Apparently you are a selective reader. But, if the CD's are running things and thought we were ready for an official vote, that took a lot of time out of peoples discussions within their clans etc. I think its absolutely insulting to go back now afterwards, and try to change it because the vote didn't go how some people wanted or the most compromising way.

The whole point of the CD's taking over was to hold votes on the majority opinion. They set up their system of vote. Its happening right now. Its created a bunch of divides, and heart aches. Now some dont like the results, so we try to change it after the vote? WTF.

If we're just going to go to a compromise, skip the fucking vote, save everyone the time and hassle of discussing with their clans, and they can pick what they obviously feel is the correct choice and make everyone accept or reject it.
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Image

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
User avatar
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby niMic on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:41 pm

crispybits wrote:There is no push, there is a suggestion. And as evidenced in this thread there have been other suggestions of varying shades of grey between options 1 and 2 made out of a desire to compromise and meet the wishes of all clans since the vote was opened. All I have done is asked if these will be considered, as I believe all of them have merit and the final decision should be the one that brings the most amount of agreement between the most number of clans.


To be completely frank, people had a lot of time to bring forward alternatives. The options that are being voted on now were the ones with considerable backing that were put forward. It would make a farce of the process to ignore that entire sequence of events and create completely new middle ground compromises. If anything of the sort was to happen, then we need a new deadline for suggestions and a completely new vote.

We should proceed with planned second vote between the top two choices, and let the chips fall where they will.
Image
Highest score: 3379
Highest rank: 36
User avatar
Colonel niMic
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:02 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (17)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 am

I will post below the draft for vote 2 that the CD's spent much time discussing yesterday.

We were keen to both maintain the democratic process we set out but also to try to get this a little closer to the middle if we could. We also need a swift resolution, we can't have votes going on forever.

We believe this is the closest we could get to achieving that goal.




Run off vote:

We have noted all the feedback on the cup format and as we proceed with the run off vote we have made a small change that we hope will take us closer to a middle ground on what is clearly a divisive issue.

You have 48 hours to make your choice. Please vote 1 or 2, you should not distinguish between a and b



If either option takes more than 75% of the total vote then it is declared the outright winner.

If Option 1 wins but takes less than 75% of the total vote then we will proceed with option 1 b which does introduce a significant random element purely to round 1.

If Option 2 wins but takes less than 75% of the total vote then we will proceed with option 2 b which introduces a significant seeded element purely to round 1.



In all cases we are assuming a play in round to get us down to 32 clans. All seeding will be taken from the F400 at the agreed start point.

If more than 32 clans do enter, then we can review the chosen option to see if a play in round was the most appropriate or if the system can be modified to cope with a different number.


1.Seeded bracket system


Option 1a uses a strict seeding method for the entire bracket to pair the clans.
Option 1b uses seeding for the top half of the bracket to pair the clans with a randomly drawn opponent.


show: Option 1a - Seed the entire bracket



show: Option 1b - Seed the top 16 to play random opponents in round 1



2. An entirely random draw for every round.

Option 2a - Full random for every round
Option 2b - The top 8 seeded clans are kept apart in round 1. The other x clans are paired randomly. All remaining rounds will see the clans paired randomly.
Image
User avatar
Colonel jetsetwilly
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 am
Location: United Kingdom
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (12) General Contribution (2)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby eddie2 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:53 am

huhhh is there much difference between any of these.... i would personally like to see a total random draw for round 1 with a bracket running to the end..(not that it counts much because i will not be taking part)

so that if the draw order is..

kort
aka
the pack
tofu

kort will play aka the pack tofu then 2nd round will be the winner of these 2 games facing each other... or we could go with what i said before where....
top 25 play one side of the bracket bottom 25 other side with a random draw first round.... this will make it that a bottom half clan will have a chance to progress to the final gaining experiance as it goes along.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant eddie2
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 am

I posted my thoughts on the new vote in CDF...
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Image

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
User avatar
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby josko.ri on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 am

IcePack wrote:I posted my thoughts on the new vote in CDF...

You change your thoughts on daily basis, according to how are chances going for your solution.
IcePack wrote:What I'm concerned with is the push for changing terms and items in the vote when the first phase of the vote is now supposedly over.

And just a day before that post, you were the one who suggested changing terms and items in the ongoing vote.
IcePack wrote:Posted in CDF as well, but:

What about option 1 where instead of 1 v 32, 2 v 31, 3 v 30...18 v 19
It's 1 v 19, 2 v 20, 3 v 21... 18 v 32

Each clan has an equally lower opponent then the next

It seems like You cannot be consistent even with your own opinion.
Image
User avatar
General josko.ri
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Medals: 98
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 am

josko.ri wrote:
IcePack wrote:I posted my thoughts on the new vote in CDF...

You change your thoughts on daily basis, according to how are chances going for your solution.
IcePack wrote:What I'm concerned with is the push for changing terms and items in the vote when the first phase of the vote is now supposedly over.

And just a day before that post, you were the one who suggested changing terms and items in the ongoing vote.
IcePack wrote:Posted in CDF as well, but:

What about option 1 where instead of 1 v 32, 2 v 31, 3 v 30...18 v 19
It's 1 v 19, 2 v 20, 3 v 21... 18 v 32

Each clan has an equally lower opponent then the next

It seems like You cannot be consistent even with your own opinion.


Hi josko,
I haven't changed my stance. Where did I suggest it get added to the vote? That second post was an idea I had for possible future consideration.
I don't have a problem with discussing options for future cups or how to avoid this disaster next year, but it's stupid to change te vote now.
You continue to seem to have selective reading and difficulty understanding some basic posts I've made or changing them to fit whatever your viewpoint is. Which is why, I said I won't debate you anymore on this topic. So I will clarify my posts so you can understand, but not going to debate all day again about it.
Thanks,
IcePack
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Image

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
User avatar
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby Qwert on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:08 pm

eddie2 wrote:huhhh is there much difference between any of these.... i would personally like to see a total random draw for round 1 with a bracket running to the end..(not that it counts much because i will not be taking part)

so that if the draw order is..

kort
aka
the pack
tofu

kort will play aka the pack tofu then 2nd round will be the winner of these 2 games facing each other... or we could go with what i said before where....
top 25 play one side of the bracket bottom 25 other side with a random draw first round.... this will make it that a bottom half clan will have a chance to progress to the final gaining experiance as it goes along.


Let me understand correct- one side play top clans,,o ther side top botom ranks,? And in the End Top ranked clan will instead to play finale with other Top clan , will play finale with Some Low ranked Clan? Usualy in CC Quarterfinals-Semifinals and Finals play top ranked clans,and you can not predict outcome, but what you sugest we will know outcome of finale and its will be 70-10 for Top Ranked clan. I must say that i never heard of these system to work anywhere.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9175
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby eddie2 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:03 pm

qwert wrote:
eddie2 wrote:huhhh is there much difference between any of these.... i would personally like to see a total random draw for round 1 with a bracket running to the end..(not that it counts much because i will not be taking part)

so that if the draw order is..

kort
aka
the pack
tofu

kort will play aka the pack tofu then 2nd round will be the winner of these 2 games facing each other... or we could go with what i said before where....
top 25 play one side of the bracket bottom 25 other side with a random draw first round.... this will make it that a bottom half clan will have a chance to progress to the final gaining experiance as it goes along.


Let me understand correct- one side play top clans,,o ther side top botom ranks,? And in the End Top ranked clan will instead to play finale with other Top clan , will play finale with Some Low ranked Clan? Usualy in CC Quarterfinals-Semifinals and Finals play top ranked clans,and you can not predict outcome, but what you sugest we will know outcome of finale and its will be 70-10 for Top Ranked clan. I must say that i never heard of these system to work anywhere.


this i would say you are wrong in Europe we have the champions league(top ranked teams from each league) and the European cup(league cup winners) the winner of these 2 tournaments then play a game against each other...

like you have just stated the final 16 in the ccup are all the top ranked clans so where is the incentive for lower ranked clans to participate when we have the newcomers cup. all we are doing is making up figures to take part in something that lasts for more than 12 months and every year there is a argument about this event starting because the prior one has not ended.... and really we have no chance of winning it or progressing in it.

what i have put forward will be like the 2 football cups held in europe...

top ranked clans play 1 tourney (meaning top 25-26 clans) with bottom (25 26 clans) playing another one.. So instead of having 26 rounds to get to the final the 2 cups will only have 13 making it that it can be completed within 1 year... then the 2 cup winners play each other, which could be done in the 1 year time frame as well.

this way i feel would encourage all clans to participate and will also sort out the problem about format and clashing with previous years event.

So make a joke of it if you want but this will be the best way forward and make it that lower ranked clans have a chance of winning something for the time and effort they put into running this event for there clan..
Image
User avatar
Sergeant eddie2
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby crispybits on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Sorry eddie but I don't get it either - are you effectively now suggesting we split the competition in two? I don't see how the analogy works as the champions league is a whole different competition to the europa league, and each has their own winner. They do have a winner vs winner match for the european super cup, but that's a third separate competition which doesnt have anything like the attention on it or prestige (at least from an English perspective, it may be different on the continent) as the other two have.
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Not sure that'll work here eddie2, especially when you consider that the current European Champions got knocked out of this season's CL in the group stage but by coming third in the group continue in the EL and are favourites to win it.
User avatar
Major Vid_FISO
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Hants
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: THE OFFICIAL CC CONQUEROR’S CUP 4

Postby Leehar on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:12 pm

crispybits wrote:Sorry eddie but I don't get it either - are you effectively now suggesting we split the competition in two? I don't see how the analogy works as the champions league is a whole different competition to the europa league, and each has their own winner. They do have a winner vs winner match for the european super cup, but that's a third separate competition which doesnt have anything like the attention on it or prestige (at least from an English perspective, it may be different on the continent) as the other two have.

The Community shield also has the League winner + FA Cup winner face each other?
Intriguing idea that for else-where
Image
show
User avatar
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director
 
Posts: 5960
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: Graduation Ceremony
Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (8)

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login