Conquer Club

Clan Merger - EMPIRE & Agents of Chaos - yes, seriously.

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan Merger - EMPIRE & Agents of Chaos - yes, seriously.

Postby The_Samurai on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:52 am

This is all irrelevant, really. Retribution is heading for No 1 ... quietly and fearlessly ...
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 am

*just adding to the confusion* :P

Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby IanG7 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:10 am

Let's get it.

I'm not sure about the final name but, go us!
Brigadier IanG7

Postby The Voice on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am

The_Samurai wrote:This is all irrelevant, really. Retribution is heading for No 1 ... quietly and fearlessly ...

This just in, AoC-EMP merges with RET.
Major The Voice

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:40 pm

The Voice wrote:
The_Samurai wrote:This is all irrelevant, really. Retribution is heading for No 1 ... quietly and fearlessly ...

This just in, AoC-EMP merges with RET.

Well you should have just let me bring half my members to EMPIRE then. They would have eventually gotten to play with those rascals over in RET. :lol:
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Jippd on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:38 am

#MERGERFORLIFE
Major Jippd

Postby Qwert on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:47 am

Empire of Chaos
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:44 am

Not sure why this was even announced since this is two of the worst clans on the site... its kinda like having the grim reapers merge with TNC. *yawnnnn* no one cares.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby The Voice on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:00 am

grifftron wrote:the grim reapers merge with TNC.

-griff

Whaat?! When did they merge?!
Major The Voice

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 am

The Voice wrote:
grifftron wrote:the grim reapers merge with TNC.

-griff

Whaat?! When did they merge?!

April 1, you stole their thunder

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Arama86n on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:13 am

Well, to look at this another way, AoC did suffer a loss to their leadership a month or so back. It is not inconceivable that the remaining leaders just don't have time to run the clan, and that this was the only way to avoid disbandment or worse, a slow steady decline out of the t10 because the clan slowly becomes more and more rudderless and quality of organisation and leadership slowly decline.

Despite the fact that there are obviously a huge number of excellent players in AoC though, I do wonder if Empire is making a good choice. Chemistry and teamwork take time, this could backfire, and will no doubt result in members from both clans becoming disillusioned and leaving during the next few months I'd wager.

Anyway, best of luck to Empire of Chaos :) It will be interesting to see how this works out.
Major Arama86n

Postby angola on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:45 am

We've suffered plenty of losses of leadership over the years and this merger wasn't because of that.

It was a chance to join with a clan that is closely aligned to ours, and has the same values as far as what is expected and how they play the game. It was an opportunity too good not to explore, and eventually, to not pass up.

And chemistry definitely takes time. That's something we've all thought about. But I think we'll be plenty successful.
Last edited by angola on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby Jippd on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:59 am

I know I'm personally psyched with playing with members from Empire.
Major Jippd

Postby Genoke on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:27 am

2 years ago empire went social on aprils foolday....this is just another stunt ;)
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:29 am

Arama86n wrote:Despite the fact that there are obviously a huge number of excellent players in AoC though, I do wonder if Empire is making a good choice. Chemistry and teamwork take time, this could backfire, and will no doubt result in members from both clans becoming disillusioned and leaving during the next few months I'd wager.

Anyway, best of luck to Empire of Chaos :) It will be interesting to see how this works out.

I think we will mesh well together, I played with many AoC members even before the clan move and we mesh well. Similarly to how you and I meshed well when we played a few games. All it takes is a will and a good attitude and I can be a very good teamate and have fun getting to know you at the same time. I have partners throughout many clans that have a similar playing style and attitude. Because of the fact that AoC and Empire play with a similar style as well as attitude and personalities, I think this move will basically create a clan that was already two seperate clans that were "destined" to be in the same group. For me I personally am glad because these are the two clans that recruited me when I first entered the clan scene, so I am familiar with both. :)
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Genoke on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:04 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:
Arama86n wrote:Despite the fact that there are obviously a huge number of excellent players in AoC though, I do wonder if Empire is making a good choice. Chemistry and teamwork take time, this could backfire, and will no doubt result in members from both clans becoming disillusioned and leaving during the next few months I'd wager.

I think we will mesh well together, I played with many AoC members even before the clan move and we mesh well. Similarly to how you and I meshed well when we played a few games. All it takes is a will and a good attitude and I can be a very good teamate and have fun getting to know you at the same time. I have partners throughout many clans that have a similar playing style and attitude. Because of the fact that AoC and Empire play with a similar style as well as attitude and personalities, I think this move will basically create a clan that was already two seperate clans that were "destined" to be in the same group. For me I personally am glad because these are the two clans that recruited me when I first entered the clan scene, so I am familiar with both. :)

And why did you left the first one?
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Leehar on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 am

Genoke wrote:And why did you left the first one?

We got him in first :)
He could hardly choose between us, just like we can hardly choose anyone else as better to merge with :)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby pconnolly365 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Genoke wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:

And why did you left the first one?

Because we paid better wages. All of our players receive a basic plus a win bonus. Unlike other clans Empire are sponsored by major national retailers. BurgerKing sponsor our more robust players, myself included. Shell Oil our more affluent players, which excludes me, MkCummins introduced these guys, Nike our more athletic players, Swimmer was our primary contact, again I am welll excluded. The rest have attracted such sponsors as 'the BobMarley Ganja Corp' and 'the Lordy Lordy beat the beef company'. I hope this explains our commitment to the 'keep CC free to the third world ' campaign.
Lieutenant pconnolly365

Postby pconnolly365 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:22 pm

angola wrote:We've suffered plenty of losses of leadership over the years and this merger wasn't because of that.

It was a chance to join with a clan that is closely aligned to ours, and has the same values as far as what is expected and how they play the game. It was an opportunity too good not to explore, and eventually, to not pass up.

And chemistry definitely takes time. That's something we've all thought about. But I think we'll be plenty successful.

I'm also pleased Angola is staying, i wasn't sure as to the extent of the wind up. Sadly nicestash is also still with us :lol:
Lieutenant pconnolly365

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:43 pm

pconnolly365 wrote:
angola wrote:We've suffered plenty of losses of leadership over the years and this merger wasn't because of that.

I'm also pleased Angola is staying, i wasn't sure as to the extent of the wind up. Sadly nicestash is also still with us :lol:

Wait... I was told nicestash was REALLY leaving... crap... I'm reopening my availability to be recruited ;)
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby nicestash on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:04 pm

pconnolly365 wrote:

What is this crap? I was promised that stash guy would leave. What a dork!
Major nicestash

Postby Jippd on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 pm

But he has such a nice stash
Major Jippd

Postby Genoke on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm still not certain wether the merge is serious or an expanded april joke. :D

If it's serious though, i'd like to tell all those members (which aren't happy with the merge), that 'Atlantis' has plenty of room for good mature teamplayers who aren't afraid to communicate in gamechat!
Just pm me when you're interested in the values of 'Atlantis'.

let's hope we can catch a big fish this way. :D
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby jetsetwilly on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:58 am

AOE is coming in more ways than one :)

Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby chapcrap on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:58 am

jetsetwilly wrote:AOE is coming in more ways than one :)

:lol:

I hope you guys come in HD too!!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives