If a clan signs up for an event, they should either be compelled to finish it or not be allowed to participate in future events. Clans need to know what they are getting themselves into. If they don't, then others shouldn't have to suffer a worse event and complications because of their failure. I know that if I have a player drop out of tournaments I am running, I don't freely let that person into the next tournament. Especially if the tournaments are running concurrently. Why would I screw over one of my tournaments to appease that person and let them into another tournament?
I'll be honest, I'd rather not be in the Random League right now and our contact for that league is extremely busy in real life at the moment and apparently we're behind in making games. However, I think that we should honor our commitment or be punished for dropping out. But, if we aren't going to be punishing clans for not following through with the commitments that they've signed up for, then I guess we can just drop out and not have to suffer anything.
Possible solutions from this thread:
- No punishment
- Punish on a case by case basis
- Have a different punishment for every event
- Have a clan wide punishment policy that includes all events
- Ban offending clan from the same event for next year.
- Ban offending clan from next major event.
- Ban until sufficient recruiting has been done.
- Ban offending clan for a given time period. This could include major events or all wars, events, etc.
- 2 months
- 3 months
- 6 months