Conquer Club

Dropping Major Clan Events

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dropping Major Clan Events

Postby comic boy on Fri May 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Foxglove wrote:
comic boy wrote: As to name calling , you need to look closer to home to see who started that this time around , nobody from TOFU was spamming threads regurgatating past grievances.

Shhhhhhshhhhhhhh, I was making a funny joke. It obviously went over well. :)

comic boy wrote: As for your last point i feel it has some merit , if a clan becomes dangerously low on members then it seems reasonable to ask them to demonstrate a change in circumstances before joining new competitions.

Yes, I meant that as a legitimate comment - particularly when so many clans are joining these months and year+ long competitions.

On second reading I thought you were probably joking , too much whiskey dulling my senses tonight :lol:
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby HardAttack on Fri May 31, 2013 6:32 pm

i miss old days where we used to handshake with other clans to have challenges...
those days was pretty cool days, since we were able to adjust the game load, how our clans feel about a clan war, if they are busy and do not like it for any particular time or if otherwise. And, what now ? Wow, today, even european football clubs are not playing this many games in a season...

euro league,
super league,
c league
conquer cup,
random cup

geeeeze.

this is the end of clans i am saying you.
slow down...

today, what is it we are measuring ? playing abilities/skills ? or who can play and run how many games at a time ?

i can easily name a lot of great players they burnt out of this hell of heavy load of games...what is the point ?
this site meant to be fun, not a professional job. Or are we supposed to be at CC morning 08:00 to evening 17:00 PM ?

what the world come into ?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 31, 2013 6:43 pm

comic boy wrote:Further to Docs point , the membership of this site is down around 30 % from its peak , you think more rules ( on a supposedly fun site ) will reverse that trend.

No one is forcing you to play. You can choose to drop and then not play next time either. Either finish what you start or stop signing up for things. Try to think about it objectively and not like you're a member of a clan who just dropped. I'm not talking about punishing you. I'm talking about the future. Does that hurt you? It shouldn't unless you are planning on dropping something else too.

If you aren't reliable enough to complete one thing you sign up for, then why are you going to reliable enough the next time? The punishment is to make sure that you remian reliable. It's the same concept I spoke of with tournaments that I run. Or the same concept that the mapmakers have in the foundry for abandoning maps. At some point, it's unacceptable. To me, it's unacceptable with clan events the first time. Events are structured specifically for the amount of participants involved. Sometimes potential participants are left out because we want an even number for groups, leagues, or brackets. Take for instance PACK dropping CC4. I have nothing against them, but they dropped CC4 after the event had already started, it changed the whole bracket. We had more play in wars than we really should have. Take AOC and Empire dropping CL5, we stopped the sign ups at 36, what if another clan wanted in? Not only that, if they wouldn't have joined to begin with, it should have changed all the groups. And because they dropped in the middle of a round, clans had to prepare for them, play games that ended up not even counting. What if TOFU had to play extra games that didn't even count while they are in their weakened state? Would you like that? Yeah, the games are fun, but you're in the competition and not playing pick up games for a reason.

Bottom line: Sorry that you couldn't manage your time. It's effecting more than you. Realize it. Help change it for the future.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby HardAttack on Fri May 31, 2013 6:51 pm

If this site losing members continiously, going downwards, this is obviously due to heavy load of clan events.
We do not have any more good tournaments, no more speed games, no more high quality friendly games.
Ppl are playing with known names and so.

Disband clans and all clan events, make it back how it was 4 years ago.
What do you offer ? Good games, heat, action fun everything is as long as if you are in clans, otherwise site is pointless.
If so, how do you expect to have new recruits to join the site but more importantly keep staying in and becoming premium ?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby IcePack on Fri May 31, 2013 6:55 pm

HardAttack wrote:If this site losing members continiously, going downwards, this is obviously due to heavy load of clan events.
We do not have any more good tournaments, no more speed games, no more high quality friendly games.

What do you offer ? Good games, heat, action fun everything is as long as if you are in clans, otherwise site is pointless.
If so, how do you expect to have new recruits to join the site but more importantly keep staying in and becoming premium ?

Disbanding clans / clan area would be a great way to make me leave the site, almost instantly. I know I'm not alone in that thinking.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby eddie2 on Fri May 31, 2013 6:58 pm

well this is a farce doc were you about when time split in ccup1 or 2 i cannot remember which one it was.

i fell out with joshyboy (who was the person who started the clan but done nothing.) i then left and stared a new clan and many won't believe it after recent events but brucewar gave me the clan name. when i left time we were in the play stages for the event i was told that if i did not complete the playin stages there would be punishments remember 90 percent of time joined aka and only 10 players were left in time i was told to finish the games (last round of 9 games if i remember.) which i did using old and new time members the round was classed as nul and time forfeited the games because joshy had removed them from the group. so i was punished with a 1 month or 2 month gaming privs ban for aka all because i left a clan and they could not complete the stages and i was held responsible for it....

the reason for the fall out was because i pulled bofm for sitting abuse which he agreed i should do then when the shit hit the fan he told me i was to blame.. which frankly made me lose interest in organizing wars to the extent i was doing it (2 or 3 at a time) with the players we had and still do were competing against the top 10 clans at that time with 1 or 2 close results and were classed as a clan to watch.

this goes further to prove how things have gone pear shaped in the clan world and i blame that on the loss of jpcloet resigning (like several mods done at that time period) followed up by 2 clan heads from kort which has made it that several major decissions went there way and even after them leaving they still wont be punished for breaching event rules. tie that in with josko calling other clans out for bad form in wars it is talking the piss. i really think admin and clan moderators need to take a step back and look over everything over the last 2 years then come up and say something then promise us fair and equal rules fair and equal punishments and a proper set of guidelines, with any clan breaking them getting same punishment for breaking it.

lets start a clean sheet in the clan world from this point and hope we get a clear set of rules to follow a clear set of punishments which every clan will face for breaching rules... then and only then i can see this site and clans going forward... because no mater what anyone says this is a problem as a whole on the site rules are not followed player for player, clan by clan team by team or even moderator by moderator.

1 clear set of rules for everyone followed for every player team or clan and that will sort the site out
Major eddie2

Postby HardAttack on Fri May 31, 2013 6:59 pm

IcePack wrote:
HardAttack wrote:If this site losing members continiously, going downwards, this is obviously due to heavy load of clan events.

Disbanding clans / clan area would be a great way to make me leave the site, almost instantly. I know I'm not alone in that thinking.

My bad, sorry, i didnt mean that mate..
Sorry i misstyped it...
It is stupid idea disbanding clans .. My point is cancellation of HEAVY CLAN EVENTS, keep these events at acceptable levels, or cancel them all and lets go back as how it was in early days. Clans fights over other clans anytime they like.

So correction is made.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby comic boy on Fri May 31, 2013 7:24 pm

chapcrap wrote:
comic boy wrote:Further to Docs point , the membership of this site is down around 30 % from its peak , you think more rules ( on a supposedly fun site ) will reverse that trend.

No one is forcing you to play. You can choose to drop and then not play next time either. Either finish what you start or stop signing up for things. Try to think about it objectively and not like you're a member of a clan who just dropped. I'm not talking about punishing you. I'm talking about the future. Does that hurt you? It shouldn't unless you are planning on dropping something else too.

If you aren't reliable enough to complete one thing you sign up for, then why are you going to reliable enough the next time? The punishment is to make sure that you remian reliable. It's the same concept I spoke of with tournaments that I run. Or the same concept that the mapmakers have in the foundry for abandoning maps. At some point, it's unacceptable. To me, it's unacceptable with clan events the first time. Events are structured specifically for the amount of participants involved. Sometimes potential participants are left out because we want an even number for groups, leagues, or brackets. Take for instance PACK dropping CC4. I have nothing against them, but they dropped CC4 after the event had already started, it changed the whole bracket. We had more play in wars than we really should have. Take AOC and Empire dropping CL5, we stopped the sign ups at 36, what if another clan wanted in? Not only that, if they wouldn't have joined to begin with, it should have changed all the groups. And because they dropped in the middle of a round, clans had to prepare for them, play games that ended up not even counting. What if TOFU had to play extra games that didn't even count while they are in their weakened state? Would you like that? Yeah, the games are fun, but you're in the competition and not playing pick up games for a reason.

Bottom line: Sorry that you couldn't manage your time. It's effecting more than you. Realize it. Help change it for the future.

All you have done is cherry pick part of my post to quote in order simply to reaffirm your opinion.At the same time you have conveniently ignored the rebutals and alternative points of view put forward by myself and others.Forgive me if I view your input in the same fashion as you seem to treat the opinions of those who do not share your zealotry.
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 31, 2013 8:59 pm

Two things:

1. Every one of Eddie's posts has been reported...it is hysterical.

2. Who cares? If a clan drops while they have privileges we can do something about it. Absent that, there is nothing we can do.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 31, 2013 10:10 pm

comic boy wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

All you have done is cherry pick part of my post to quote in order simply to reaffirm your opinion.At the same time you have conveniently ignored the rebutals and alternative points of view put forward by myself and others.Forgive me if I view your input in the same fashion as you seem to treat the opinions of those who do not share your zealotry.

I didn't cherry pick. I picked the part that was pertinent. You said that Dako's stats back up no punishment, but then you try to say that your example has happened to clans recently... Umm, that's exactly what I'm saying. You can't say something has happened lately and not use statistics for how rare it is and then tell me the thing I'm talking about that's happened lately is too rare to worry about. And then you make up a stat at the end of your post. After looking back, I feel like I did you a favor not quoting the whole thing. You contradict yourself and make up stats.

chemefreak wrote:Two things:

1. Every one of Eddie's posts has been reported...it is hysterical.

That is funny.
chemefreak wrote:2. Who cares? If a clan drops while they have privileges we can do something about it. Absent that, there is nothing we can do.

I care. Others who have posted in agreement with me care. Since the CDs run clan events, I'm pretty sure they can do something about it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 31, 2013 10:16 pm

chapcrap wrote:
chemefreak wrote:2. Who cares? If a clan drops while they have privileges we can do something about it. Absent that, there is nothing we can do.

I care. Others who have posted in agreement with me care. Since the CDs run clan events, I'm pretty sure they can do something about it.

Ok, smartguy. What should we do about it?
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 pm

chemefreak wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Allow me to quote myself from the OP.
chapcrap wrote:If a clan signs up for an event, they should either be compelled to finish it or not be allowed to participate in future events.

Institute a punishment.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 pm

chapcrap wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

chapcrap wrote:If a clan signs up for an event, they should either be compelled to finish it or not be allowed to participate in future events.

Institute a punishment.

Okay. So if Clan A drops clan league...we should refuse them entry into the next clan league? Should we refuse them entry into the next CCup? Should we castrate them? What if we deny them entry and all their members go to another clan? Should we punish the new clan?
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 31, 2013 10:28 pm

chemefreak wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Institute a punishment.

Okay. So if Clan A drops clan league...we should refuse them entry into the next clan league? Should we refuse them entry into the next CCup? Should we castrate them? What if we deny them entry and all their members go to another clan? Should we punish the new clan?

Set it up however you want. I'm sure castration is a bad idea, since clans don't actually have testicles. You might try convening with others to get the best punishment idea, but I think that denying entry into a future event or events is fine. I don't think a new clan should be punished in the future unless it's part of a merger where former clans are dropping. But, if, for example, said punishment were already in place and TOFU was getting sanctioned and CoF decides to leave TOFU and join KORT, I do not think KORT should be punished. If all of TOFU joins KORT, then that is probably different.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 31, 2013 10:35 pm

chapcrap wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Institute a punishment.

Set it up however you want. I'm sure castration is a bad idea, since clans don't actually have testicles. You might try convening with others to get the best punishment idea, but I think that denying entry into a future event or events is fine. I don't think a new clan should be punished in the future unless it's part of a merger where former clans are dropping. But, if, for example, said punishment were already in place and TOFU was getting sanctioned and CoF decides to leave TOFU and join KORT, I do not think KORT should be punished. If all of TOFU joins KORT, then that is probably different.

The bottom line is that the current CD Team will never punish a clan who comes to us or an event TO and receives permission to do what they have requested to do.

Empire, Agents of Chaos, and TOFU all went through the proper procedure and were given guidance on what they could or could not do. If TOFU had come to us in the middle of the Premier League our response would have been different. Empire and Agents of Chaos came to us in the middle of a "qualifying" round. So their withdraw did not harm anyone.

This thread is just another place for complaining. If we had punished one of these clans you would be complaining too, of this I have no doubt.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri May 31, 2013 10:36 pm

Chap,
I think comic's point is that there have been plenty of other arguments in this thread outlining why a punishment would be ineffective. I gave a long string of arguments whey they would impact the wrong people and would, in the long run, result in unintended consequences that would ultimately produce the opposite of the desired effect (the desired effect being stronger clans and better attendance in clan tournaments). I think Foxy's suggestion is the best I've seen for something that would be a clan-wide policy: That if a clan is forced to drop an event because of player absences, they should be required to offer evidence to the CDs that they've recruited more people to ensure they won't drop out of a future event. An alternative might be to complete a clan war prior to joining another major clan event.

You did bring up the way you handle people dropping out of tournaments. You restrict them from entering your future tournaments for some period. However, my understanding is there is no site-wide rule banning people that drop out of tournaments from immediately joining another one or even joining the next tournament offered by the same director of the one they just left. But site rules allow tournament directors to make such restrictions. I think that's a great model for clan events. In some future chapcrap cup, you could require full attendance throughout the event, and in the event a clan drops out, they will be restricted from joining chapcrap cup 2. Perhaps other events would follow that model. The josko cup could even require clans be eligible for the next chapcrap cup to be allowed entry to ensure troublemaker clans don't cause problems in that event. Yes, I'm being a bit facetious here, but the point is that there are good reasons why blanket punishments won't work as desired, but clan tournament directors should have every right to bar clans that they believe will be unable to fulfill their commitments.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 31, 2013 10:47 pm

chemefreak wrote:The bottom line is that the current CD Team will never punish a clan who comes to us or an event TO and receives permission to do what they have requested to do.

Empire, Agents of Chaos, and TOFU all went through the proper procedure and were given guidance on what they could or could not do. If TOFU had come to us in the middle of the Premier League our response would have been different. Empire and Agents of Chaos came to us in the middle of a "qualifying" round. So their withdraw did not harm anyone.

This thread is just another place for complaining. If we had punished one of these clans you would be complaining too, of this I have no doubt.

I already explained how Empire and AOC withdrawing was harmful. If they would have been punished I wouldn't have complained. I advocated for them to not be allowed in CC4.

Doc_Brown wrote:Chap,
I think comic's point is that there have been plenty of other arguments in this thread outlining why a punishment would be ineffective. I gave a long string of arguments whey they would impact the wrong people and would, in the long run, result in unintended consequences that would ultimately produce the opposite of the desired effect (the desired effect being stronger clans and better attendance in clan tournaments). I think Foxy's suggestion is the best I've seen for something that would be a clan-wide policy: That if a clan is forced to drop an event because of player absences, they should be required to offer evidence to the CDs that they've recruited more people to ensure they won't drop out of a future event. An alternative might be to complete a clan war prior to joining another major clan event.

You did bring up the way you handle people dropping out of tournaments. You restrict them from entering your future tournaments for some period. However, my understanding is there is no site-wide rule banning people that drop out of tournaments from immediately joining another one or even joining the next tournament offered by the same director of the one they just left. But site rules allow tournament directors to make such restrictions. I think that's a great model for clan events. In some future chapcrap cup, you could require full attendance throughout the event, and in the event a clan drops out, they will be restricted from joining chapcrap cup 2. Perhaps other events would follow that model. The josko cup could even require clans be eligible for the next chapcrap cup to be allowed entry to ensure troublemaker clans don't cause problems in that event. Yes, I'm being a bit facetious here, but the point is that there are good reasons why blanket punishments won't work as desired, but clan tournament directors should have every right to bar clans that they believe will be unable to fulfill their commitments.

Doc, you talk sensible and I like it.

If you don't agree with a punishment that I have suggested, that's fine. But I think you are interpreting comic's post differently than I am. It seems to me he is for no punishment at all. I'm saying there needs to be some kind of system. If it's recruiting more players, fine. If it's event sanctions in some other way, fine. If it's point drop in F400, fine. All I'm saying is that dropping out adversely effects more clans than the one that might benefit from dropping and I don't think it's fair to keep going that way.

As for what you say about no site wide system for punishing people who drop tournaments, you're right, but that's just because it's too large to manage. I've discussed it, but right now there are nearly 500 active tournaments and that alone would be a bear to police, but that's actually a low number of tournaments. Normally there are more. The one thing we have done is the creation of a thread in the TO forum that reports tournament deadbeats, that way you know who they are and when one of your tournaments might be in trouble. The number of individuals on the site far out numbers the number of clans, so the implementation of some kind of retribution system is a little different.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby shoop76 on Fri May 31, 2013 10:49 pm

I have to agree with Chapcrap on this one. If you want to you can do something about it. Cheme you clearly don't listen or care what others want and are rude about people having genuine concerns.

Obviously any punishment would be unfair at this point, but it seems realistic that for future events some sort of penalty can be agreed upon.

Every clan has different goals and different abilities, but all should be treated with the same respect. Right now withdrawals don't happen often, but who knows what will happen on the future. They are a mess for organisers and unfair to other clans who complete some of these events even if their results are poor.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm just tired of all of this bull...stuff.

The CD Team gave them all permission to do what they did. That is the end of the story.

The ups are just trying to stir up trouble with this thread.

I mean, seriously...

братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby shoop76 on Fri May 31, 2013 11:19 pm

Just seems like you don't listen to what people have to say. All you say is this thread will get locked if someone says this and they will be punished. Obviously these things are brought up because they bother certain individuals. Wouldn't it only be fair if you took these concerns under serious consideration.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 31, 2013 11:30 pm

shoop76 wrote:Just seems like you don't listen to what people have to say. All you say is this thread will get locked if someone says this and they will be punished. Obviously these things are brought up because they bother certain individuals. Wouldn't it only be fair if you took these concerns under serious consideration.

I did not threaten to lock this thread. I just think that there hasn't been a clan that "dropped" an event. The situations that are at issue here did not cause harm to anyone. And they did not just "drop" the event, they came to us or the TOs and asked for permission...which was given.

Now, if a clan just decided to disappear or "drop" an event, you wouldn't even hear about it. We would propose such harsh punishment to the privilege holder, the clan leadership, and (if necessary) the clan members themselves that no clan would risk it. Trust me, no clan could just "drop" an event and live long enough to tell about.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby eggrollonedolla on Fri May 31, 2013 11:54 pm

I think more clans should drop. I enjoy the odds of winning every big event. It will look good on my wall.

You could do a warning system.

1st withdraw is a note. 2nd is a point deduction. 3rd is next big event suspension.
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby denominator on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:25 am

The answer is simple.

L M S wrote:When did CC become obligatory rather than voluntary?
If I enter into a game that isn't full, then decide later I don't want to play for whatever reason and drop...am I to be punished?

There is no punishment for dropping a game before it starts. But there is a punishment for dropping a game after it starts - you lose the game and your CC points.

It should be run on exactly the same principle in Tournaments, or Clan Wars. Any withdrawal from an event counts as a loss in that event, to the clan that would have been your opponent. Which in turn will affect the F400 ranking.

It means that clans should not be entering competitions they do not intend to finish. It also deals with drop outs at different points - the sooner you drop out of the greater the F400 ranking loss because you will forfeit more wars throughout the competition.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby greenoaks on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:21 am

chemefreak wrote:
shoop76 wrote:Just seems like you don't listen to what people have to say. All you say is this thread will get locked if someone says this and they will be punished. Obviously these things are brought up because they bother certain individuals. Wouldn't it only be fair if you took these concerns under serious consideration.

I did not threaten to lock this thread. I just think that there hasn't been a clan that "dropped" an event. The situations that are at issue here did not cause harm to anyone. And they did not just "drop" the event, they came to us or the TOs and asked for permission...which was given.

Now, if a clan just decided to disappear or "drop" an event, you wouldn't even hear about it. We would propose such harsh punishment to the privilege holder, the clan leadership, and (if necessary) the clan members themselves that no clan would risk it. Trust me, no clan could just "drop" an event and live long enough to tell about.

so there already is a punishment just like Chap is asking for there to be.

could you please explain what it is and how it is calculated so we are all forewarned.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby eddie2 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:16 am

chemefreak wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Institute a punishment.

lol why not it has happened before.
Major eddie2

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives