TeamCC Callout: Clan Director Position(s)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TeamCC Callout: Clan Director Position(s)

Postby HardAttack on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:39 pm

if you are still looking for volunteers for CD position, i would like to vouche for mageplunka69 :D
Colonel HardAttack

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Mageplunka69 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:40 pm

lmao
Captain Mageplunka69

Medals: 87
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:30 am

Night Strike wrote:Many times, Team CC positions are filled based on a specific need, especially in task-oriented groups such as TDs, CDs, and Cartos. Viper, how would your elections fill those specific roles with people who have the skills necessary for those tasks? Furthermore, what happens when the entire group is replaced in the same election? Are the current-now-former CDs required to train all the new CDs and then just leave? What if those people who were elected have a poor record on CC and wouldn't get the required approval from other Department Leaders? Are the rest of the members of Team CC just forced to work with people who can't be worked with?

And having a power-hungry mod is fairly rare, and it is possible to get those mods removed. I know of a few that have been. And finding good mods can be hit-and-miss even with the application process. I wouldn't be surprised if an election process makes that even harder. When I add new TDs, I'm happy if 50% of our new hires turn into long-term and reliable TDs. Some people just don't work out for a myriad of reasons (burnout, personal life changes, poor task assignment, etc.), no matter how great of an applicant they are or how eager they are to help.

Yeah, I dunno. There are maybe 3 voices in this subforum who never agree with anything that the CDs do, like EVER. Those voices are the loudest. I still think electing mods is a bad idea for the reasons I stated. I didn't post more on this at the time because unlike some folk, I don't do circle arguments and say the same thing over and over like a broken record. :P

Reading Nightstrike's post compelled me to post because I agree with him, absolutely 100%. This is what I meant by gelling as a team. You can't just throw people together and expect them to work together as a team. It just doesn't work that way. Even when selecting moderators who seem level headed, down to earth and nice people, they sometimes end up doing nothing despite their good intentions. The team should have every right to remove these kind of people and add someone else without the painstaking task of getting all the clans to agree. If they do nothing, they just need to go. Doing that with elected people would be an issue because the very people who are fighting for this would say that they wanted to remove them just because they are elected.

There are some here I think that maybe believe that they are entitled to a CD position? Just maybe? It requires people who do not fly off the handle easily, can accept when they are wrong, can listen to other people's opinions and take them on board, are not hungry for power, can make unbiased decisions when the need arises, and if they can't, ask another mod to deal with that particular person. You need to be able to take a hell of a lot of abuse. Clan section on CC is probably the worse I have ever seen for abusing mods. You guys have chased away so many decent people who would still be doing a good job. That's gotta scare a lot of good people out of wanting to take on that task. People who push their opinions on others with severe intent do not make good moderators either.

Also this:

Bruceswar wrote:To be a TD, CD, Carto or any other mod, you need 3 things.

1. a Skill set of some sort.
2. Lots of extra time to donate to mod duties.
3. A very thick skin to not get ruffled when things get heated.

Many people fail at one of the 3.

EDIT: Mageplunka and HardAttack for mod. 2013!

18:19:01 ‹#1_stunna› Pixar is the only noob that would leave Kort
18:20:39 ‹*Pixar*› thats a new sig!
18:20:51 ‹*Pixar*› "only player to leave kort"
Colonel Shannon Apple
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:41 am

Shannon Apple wrote:EDIT: Mageplunka and HardAttack for mod. 2013!

OK LOL to that!

Building on what Shannon said about the team aspect of things. Just like with anything in life you are much better off in a job or in a role on a sports team or something, if you and your co workers, teammates, etc work well together. You can have super all star talent, but if you do not work well together then you will not get much done. Having been head clan director I can tell you this. Clans are a ruthless bunch and your team better be ready to battle everybody. Your team also better be on the same page. Finding people with extra time, can be really hard. Find people with extra time, willing to work, and have a thick skin can be near impossible at times.

As stated voting is such a bad idea on so many levels. If this were to happen, then you will see a clear drop in service.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 142
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Postby eddie2 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:29 pm

ow well might as well make my first post back in here.. and will be the only 1.
(this is not a dig at clan mods or anyone just my thought on this matter)

i think vipers idea has been lost he didn't want a random voting offering players like what this has been saying. i think what he wanted has been lost in all of this.

ok so the ask of what was needed didn't really say loads i think when a position comes up they should state all that is needed. then list all applicants, after that the mod departments check to see if they can or cannot do what is needed, if they can they short list them if they cannot then they get dropped. the people who make it then go to the vote of the clan leaders (or other sections).

my reason for thinking this is because since i have been on this site i have been told it is a community and not a regular site, but the issuing of mod status is not done like this. a community is like people deciding who should look after them, getting to vote for who they want to represent them this is not happening in the present format. what is happening is for an example of the uk. Just now the government in charge of the uk could pick who was in the representative of all areas , meaning they would never lose this takes the power of the public community away from us. if this is the case then take the community name off of this site when it is Google'd.

so what if departments don't agree 100 percent that is what is needed especially within the clan section because some clans agree some don't and a perfect example was the set up for ccup that caused outrage among several clans. with the lowest majority getting what they wanted, and the vast majority not. what is needed in this area especially is not a section that is all buddy buddy and have the same ideas but people that can get on together but from both sides of what the increasing size of the clan world wants. Then i think when decisions are made there can be no arguments. especially if the vote within the clan section mods are posted not with names but the final vote.

this is only my input on this if you agree you agree if you don't you don't. but i think this is what is needed, not a private group(cdf) where the current structure and votes is ignored because it not what 5 or 6 people (clan mods) want and this is only said after the events of ccup5.
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby jetsetwilly on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:40 pm

So much for perma.
Colonel jetsetwilly

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (14) General Contribution (2)

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:41 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:So much for perma.

+1

18:19:01 ‹#1_stunna› Pixar is the only noob that would leave Kort
18:20:39 ‹*Pixar*› thats a new sig!
18:20:51 ‹*Pixar*› "only player to leave kort"
Colonel Shannon Apple
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby greenoaks on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:29 pm

does his resurrection become a CC holiday?
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Why troll when he's made a legit post? Pathetic.
Major iAmCaffeine

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Lindax on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:

+1

+2

iAmCaffeine wrote:Why troll when he's made a legit post? Pathetic.

Why let somebody back in after being perma-banned? It's not that he didn't get perma-banned without reason or plenty of warnings and temporary bans.

Not to mention the fact that he obviously hasn't changed much....

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 127
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (10)

Postby angola on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Lindax wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

+1

+2

iAmCaffeine wrote:Why troll when he's made a legit post? Pathetic.

Why let somebody back in after being perma-banned? It's not that he didn't get perma-banned without reason or plenty of warnings and temporary bans.

Not to mention the fact that he obviously hasn't changed much....

Lx

Old Caffeine knows plenty about permabans.

Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Major angola

Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (19) General Contribution (3)

Postby agentcom on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Looks like this one is starting to go a little sideways. I don't see any CDs around, so I'm locking this as a precaution. I'm sure they'll open it back up again in a while.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby chemefreak on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 am

I concur with the lock. The new CDs will be announced shortly. We will use a different thread for that.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Captain chemefreak

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (18)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (7)

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives