Conquer Club

why can't clan leaders enter batch games in the war page?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

why can't clan leaders enter batch games in the war page?

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:48 am

I know that icepack is very busy lately, but I think that some stuff could be done easier, like clan leaders being able to enter themselves game numbers of their home games in the corresponding war page. This hasn't been updated in many weeks for all clan wars, and i don't see why you would need to give this extra work to a CD instead of a clan leader?
Major betiko

Re: why can't clan leaders enter batch games in the war page

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:56 am

betiko wrote:I know that icepack is very busy lately, but I think that some stuff could be done easier, like clan leaders being able to enter themselves game numbers of their home games in the corresponding war page. This hasn't been updated in many weeks for all clan wars, and i don't see why you would need to give this extra work to a CD instead of a clan leader?

It was last done beginning of Oct, and started updating last night and finished today. So it hasn't exactly been "many weeks", probably 2+/-.

As far as the rest goes, it requires access to the database which is why it's a job for CD and not clan leaders, as it will eventually affect more than just the clan tab.

But this should go back to weekly or better updates, a few things in CL6 had me putting it off until the first round batches were sorted out.

Cheers,
IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Momo33 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:38 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:I know that icepack is very busy lately, but I think that some stuff could be done easier, like clan leaders being able to enter themselves game numbers of their home games in the corresponding war page. This hasn't been updated in many weeks for all clan wars, and i don't see why you would need to give this extra work to a CD instead of a clan leader?

It was last done beginning of Oct, and started updating last night and finished today. So it hasn't exactly been "many weeks", probably 2+/-.

As far as the rest goes, it requires access to the database which is why it's a job for CD and not clan leaders, as it will eventually affect more than just the clan tab.

But this should go back to weekly or better updates, a few things in CL6 had me putting it off until the first round batches were sorted out.

Cheers,
IcePack

Sorry bud, don't want to go against you, but both our clan wars (vs PACK and vs RET) haven't been updated since more than 2 weeks in the clan tab (and I know that you have a LOT to do now), but I just wanted to rectify the facts!
Click image to enlarge.
Major Momo33

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Momo33 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Cheers,
IcePack

Sorry bud, don't want to go against you, but both our clan wars (vs PACK and vs RET) haven't been updated since more than 2 weeks in the clan tab (and I know that you have a LOT to do now), but I just wanted to rectify the facts!

Sorry but that's incorrect. If you want facts:
Today is Oct 19

RET games were posted Oct 7 (two weeks would be tues 21st): viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&start=425#p4565299

PACK games posted Oct 9 (two weeks would be thurs oct 23rd):
viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&start=425#p4566431

Those games might be going for longer, but I go off when they're posted in that thread. It's definitely been under 2 weeks, not "more than".

Thanks,
IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Momo33 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:00 pm

IcePack wrote:
Momo33 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Cheers,
IcePack

Today is Oct 19

RET games were posted Oct 7 (two weeks would be tues 21st): viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&start=425#p4565299

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&start=425#p4566431

Those games might be going for longer, but I go off when they're posted in that thread. It's definitely been under 2 weeks, not "more than".

Thanks,
IcePack

Yeah but they're still not in the war pages. So if you say "t was last done beginning of Oct, and started updating last night and finished today.", I presumed that you won't update games for a couple of days again so it will be more than 2 weeks that games were posted and they're still not in the clan tab.

But again... it's not your fault if you're alone (or almost!) to take care of all that!
Click image to enlarge.
Major Momo33

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Yeah those batches technically started around the 3rd or 4th, i guess clan leaders posted them 3-5 days later. Let s say you read them 1-3 days after they are posted and 10 days later they are still not added in the war page. By now half of the games are finished, so it s too bad not to be able to follow in real time how a war is going (not only our wars but it s also fun to click on other wars in the same competition to see how others are doing).
It s really not against you ice, it s just to try to improve the current system. There is no need to have you as a middleman for this, and i think that some sort of limited access to the database should be granted to clan leaders so that they enter their home games for each batch. Less work for you, faster and smoother access to information for everybody.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Momo33 wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Momo33 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Cheers,
IcePack

Today is Oct 19

RET games were posted Oct 7 (two weeks would be tues 21st): http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 5#p4565299

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 5#p4566431

Thanks,
IcePack

Yeah but they're still not in the war pages. So if you say "t was last done beginning of Oct, and started updating last night and finished today.", I presumed that you won't update games for a couple of days again so it will be more than 2 weeks that games were posted and they're still not in the clan tab.

But again... it's not your fault if you're alone (or almost!) to take care of all that!

I didn't say I had finished, I said I will be finishing today.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:13 pm

betiko wrote:Yeah those batches technically started around the 3rd or 4th, i guess clan leaders posted them 3-5 days later. Let s say you read them 1-3 days after they are posted and 10 days later they are still not added in the war page. By now half of the games are finished, so it s too bad not to be able to follow in real time how a war is going (not only our wars but it s also fun to click on other wars in the same competition to see how others are doing).
It s really not against you ice, it s just to try to improve the current system. There is no need to have you as a middleman for this, and i think that some sort of limited access to the database should be granted to clan leaders so that they enter their home games for each batch. Less work for you, faster and smoother access to information for everybody.

As previously stated, I don't get them until posted. So whether it was same day or two weeks later, I see them in the order posted. I don't do database entry via phone due to the ease of making an error.
As I said, this was due to CL6 start. So it's not going to get hung up again for my side of things.
I understand it's not something against me, the problem again is ensuring database accuracy.
I'm sure as we continue upgrading etc we can look @ improvements, but it probably wouldn't be for a bit.

Ice

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:16 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:Yeah those batches technically started around the 3rd or 4th, i guess clan leaders posted them 3-5 days later. Let s say you read them 1-3 days after they are posted and 10 days later they are still not added in the war page. By now half of the games are finished, so it s too bad not to be able to follow in real time how a war is going (not only our wars but it s also fun to click on other wars in the same competition to see how others are doing).

As previously stated, I don't get them until posted. So whether it was same day or two weeks later, I see them in the order posted. I don't do database entry via phone due to the ease of making an error.
As I said, this was due to CL6 start. So it's not going to get hung up again for my side of things.
I understand it's not something against me, the problem again is ensuring database accuracy.
I'm sure as we continue upgrading etc we can look @ improvements, but it probably wouldn't be for a bit.

Ice

yup, this whole thread isn't about this particular situation anyways, it's about general organisation in the future. it just seems useless to create a bottleneck with 1 person having to take care of this for all clans instead of making each clan leader doing it by themselves. The way it's done isn't viable in the long term, real life will come too many times in the way.
I think a CD should just double check if people haven't done anything wrong entering games (but the opponents in a given war will already take care of it in a way...)
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:27 pm

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Ice

yup, this whole thread isn't about this particular situation anyways, it's about general organisation in the future. it just seems useless to create a bottleneck with 1 person having to take care of this for all clans instead of making each clan leader doing it by themselves. The way it's done isn't viable in the long term, real life will come too many times in the way.
I think a CD should just double check if people haven't done anything wrong entering games (but the opponents in a given war will already take care of it in a way...)

Yeah I can in vision a scenario where it's submitted somewhere as opposed to the thread. But a few issues.
Even just asking to post, lots of mistakes / inaccurate stuff I gotta correct before it's official (wrong game numbers wrong format wrong round # etc) and some clans still don't bother even doing it, so asking them to handle database for themselves we will end up with holes in the data without it being watched over...but yep I know what ur saying for sure

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:45 pm

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Ice

Yeah I can in vision a scenario where it's submitted somewhere as opposed to the thread. But a few issues.
Even just asking to post, lots of mistakes / inaccurate stuff I gotta correct before it's official (wrong game numbers wrong format wrong round # etc) and some clans still don't bother even doing it, so asking them to handle database for themselves we will end up with holes in the data without it being watched over...but yep I know what ur saying for sure

well it could be pretty simple

have an interface with "start a war" just like "start a game" for clan leaders. Have all options there (number of games, maps/settings excluded, max amount of games per player.....); have both CL agree on those terms; each creates his games within this interface and places his players thanks to a dropdown menu with his players and amount of games left to play for the war.
all this enters directly on the war page, and nothing human needs to be done.
Major betiko

Postby Leehar on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Betiko, while I do appreciate your passion, and commitment in offering suggestions, could I please ask that they be conducted by following the due process by using that forum as the means to do so? I certainly don't mind if you try to try drum up support for such an endeavour using this forum, but this unfortunately really isn't the place for it.

Thats not to be harsh or anything, but purely due to the fact that while you might think we're all-knowing and encompassing, it really isn't within our means to affect such changes. At most I can bring the matter to managements attention, but it's much easier to drive the campaign on my side if it's an approved suggestion rather than general musings, that I throw at the web developers door, specially if a consensus hasn't been reached on what exactly is required.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Armandolas on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 am

Because this is the Clan space to discuss clan related things. This is where people will find subjects about clan related stuff. This is where clan people is .
Its mice to have this kind of things discussed with people whos interested in it. He can also open a suggestions topic in the right place. But here is a good place to discuss it.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:42 am

Armandolas wrote:Because this is the Clan space to discuss clan related things. This is where people will find subjects about clan related stuff. This is where clan people is .
Its mice to have this kind of things discussed with people whos interested in it. He can also open a suggestions topic in the right place. But here is a good place to discuss it.

That's exactly what Leehar just said.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Armandolas on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Did he? I understood that he politely told betiko to piss off the clan area and go the suggestions.
Probably im just bad at understanding australasian language :)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Armandolas wrote:Did he? I understood that he politely told betiko to piss off the clan area and go the suggestions.

I understood it more of make a suggestion and gather support in the clan forum.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:23 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Armandolas wrote:Did he? I understood that he politely told betiko to piss off the clan area and go the suggestions.

I understood it more of make a suggestion and gather support in the clan forum.

well I understood the same thing that armando.... the problem here is that we are not the native english speakers here, so the majority doesn't work! :D

and leehar; no problem mate, but I just think that it's better to discuss it in the first place with only clan people that know what we are talking about; once this suggestion gets a bit more credit why not move it to the suggestion forum. Given that it's a clan thing and there are a lot of clan world haters out there that might throw in their 2 troll cents in the suggestions forum I prefered to start discussing it here!
Major betiko

Return to Clan Archives