Conquer Club

[Discussion] Clan League Awards

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Discussion] Clan League Awards

Postby jpcloet on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 am

Like any good league there are awards at the end of the Season. I've already indicated that we will be doing a Div1 and Div2 All-Star Teams.

What other awards should there be:

For each award:
Clan/Individual based
What requirements if any?
What considerations for the award?
How are the candidates found? Nominations/Chosen by Clan Directors
How is the award Given out? Eg. Public Vote/Clan Directors/CLA Vote/Other
Should it apply to both divisions?
Other?
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Re: [Discussion] Clan League Awards

Postby Shrinky on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 am

How about individual most successful teams?

1) Most successful doubles team
2) Most successful triples team
3) Most successful quads team

Considerations: Decided based on the total number of games that team has won in the whole season. Or could be decided based on win %
Requirements: Minimum of 10/20(to be decided) games together.
Candidates found by: Individual teams come forward and put the results up
Award given out: Clan Directors
Divisions: Apply to both

This would reward consistency for those teams that have been together for a long time and have sweated it out together for the victory.
Highest Score-2505 (18/07/2010)
Major Shrinky

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Best Sportsmanship
For an individual or clan
Considerations would be based on sportsmanship during games and in between games. Also, consideration given to timely reporting of game results, timely joining of games, etc.
Each clan gets to nominate one person or clan, plus one nomination for each CC staff involved.
Awarded by vote of anyone who participated in a game

The intent is not just to recognize someone who "GL/HF" at the start of each game, but also who contributes in a positive manner to the overall running of the league by communicating quickly and succinctly, etc.

Best Smack Talk
For an individual or clan
CLAs nominate individuals
Given to the most effective trash talker within CC rules.

Rising Clan
For Clan
Simply the clan that makes the most upward movement. Awarded by comparing pre-season rankings to end of season results.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby soundman on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:02 pm

I think that the winners should get a new medal. But just those in the clan who participated. Not a contest medal, but a new one. :D
Lieutenant soundman

Postby jpcloet on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Oh, forgot to mention that one. Let's stay away from clan medals for a bit for the top 3 clans in the league. I want to do that retro-active to season 1 informally, but I have some data mining to do.

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:07 am

guys, best sportmanship and best smack talk, things like that are too SUBJECTIVE, that is not worth medals, or awards, c;mon now, too hard to judge and it can cause some negativity with players and create others to mouth off, even if it is joking, some may take it the wrong way.

Awards should only go to the clan members that win it all, and season 1 needs to be included as well. the only thing I think about here, is any and all members should get one if they participated in a total of 10 games or more, then all should get one. It would be nice for the entire clan to get one for us all to be united, however, if they played in none, or 1, that may not be looked upon to favorably. anyways, the only other consideration I can think of for a medal and award would be for jpcloet and marval to get one for their efforts and labor. finally, perhaps, besides the clan winning team, another possibility could go to the team in the clan and a clan outside the winning clan with the best over all record with a minimum of 10 games, they could get an award and or medal too maybe for best team record even though their clan never won it, that would be good recognition. again, if this all gets implemented, you need to go back with season 1 and add them their 1st and announce it, whatever you decide in my opinion to be fair. peace.

so I suggest jpcloet + marval
the winning clan
the best overall team record within the clan and outside the winning clan

for example: lets say TOFU wins, they all get recognized if they played 10 or more
then lets say chariot of fire and daryth have a record of 10-0-they would get another one for best team record
finally, lets say TSM places 4th, but scott-land and seul have a 11-1 record and it is outside the winning clan, they should get recognized and get an award as well.

respects, blitzy
General Blitzaholic

Postby Riazor on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:24 am

Perhaps an award, in each division seperately, for the revelation (or underperformers lol) of the year. One would have to base this on how the public ranked the clans, and then see how they ended up at the end of the season. This discriminates the stronger clans though, they have less chance of a major upset as they are predicted near the top anyways.
Lieutenant Riazor

Postby hwhrhett on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:45 am

Riazor wrote:Perhaps an award, in each division seperately, for the revelation (or underperformers lol) of the year. One would have to base this on how the public ranked the clans, and then see how they ended up at the end of the season. This discriminates the stronger clans though, they have less chance of a major upset as they are predicted near the top anyways.

yeah, an underdog medal, like when mythology beats thota!
Cook hwhrhett

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:00 am

hwhrhett wrote:
Riazor wrote:Perhaps an award, in each division seperately, for the revelation (or underperformers lol) of the year. One would have to base this on how the public ranked the clans, and then see how they ended up at the end of the season. This discriminates the stronger clans though, they have less chance of a major upset as they are predicted near the top anyways.

ill change my avatar/sig the works to anything for a month if that happens
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:guys, best sportmanship and best smack talk, things like that are too SUBJECTIVE, that is not worth medals, or awards, c;mon now, too hard to judge and it can cause some negativity with players and create others to mouth off, even if it is joking, some may take it the wrong way.

Awards should only go to the clan members that win it all, and season 1 needs to be included as well.

respects, blitzy

In hindsight, I have to concur that suggesting smack talk is a dark dangerous road we probably don't want to go down.

However, I do think there should be some sort of end of league awards ceremony with awards for people other than the top clan. Not necessarily medals, but maybe a graphic to stick in a signature. I think this will allow some of the weaker clans, or maybe a committed player on a less skilled team, to be recognized for strong involvement.

And I think the more people that are involved, the more prestige this league has, the more value in it for the overall winners. Sort of a "Trickle Up" theory.

Cheers,
-Snowman
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Like I said, try to ignore clan gold, silver, bronze etc. Was looking more along of individual awards like MVP, Best Player etc. Maybe 3 nominees each getting a nomination medal, or something along that lines. We have a site tournament hall of fame that works really well IMO.

Postby Kotaro on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:04 pm

Why not start a Clan Hall of Fame? For users of distinct abilities, Clans of Strong note, etc, and honor them their?
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Kotaro on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Also, why has no one ever started a Clan/Usergroup Newsletter? There's a lot more to say then would be in the News or the Tournament, and the Foundry's was always just stale.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby jpcloet on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:15 pm

Off Topic - I only have enough material to write every other week in the CC News as it is. No one else is writing clan stuff and the only volunteers have not made the grade.

Back on topic. Hall of fame would be cool, we just have no standards yet so just throwing out ideas.

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:45 pm

jpcloet wrote:Like I said, try to ignore clan gold, silver, bronze etc. Was looking more along of individual awards like MVP, Best Player etc. Maybe 3 nominees each getting a nomination medal, or something along that lines. We have a site tournament hall of fame that works really well IMO.

if you are only giving out 3, then it should be all 3 from the clan that wins it, perhaps the player who played the most games in the winning clan and then the other 2 would be the 2 with the best overall record from the winning clan with a minimum of 10 or 15 games played. what you think?

mvp could be the player who played in the most games of the winning clan.

best players could be the 2 with the best records with a minimum of 10 games, 12 games, 15 game,s whatever you think is fair for the minimum requirement of the winning clan.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:17 am

It would be nice to consider a "Best in Division" award. There would be four of these on offer (obviously) and the recipients would be those players who had received the most votes from the clans against whom they competed, i.e. you can vote for any player within your division except for someone in your own clan.

I would know by the end of the season which player from a competing clan had impressed me most - and it can be based on both playing ability and sporstmanship so that the league becomes synonymous with not only strong competition but also fair play and upstanding conduct. It would be a sort of 'gallantry' medal.

As for other medals - then one for each member of the winning clan who competed and won a game (no losers, no sleepers) so there's some record of contribution, and a 'Division Champions' medal for each of the four clans who finished at the top of the table.

It's not a lot overall - not when one considers the volume of games being played. There are (farcical) tournies out there where one need only win three games for a medal, so this league deserves an entitlement to match.
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:34 am

lord voldemort wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:

ill change my avatar/sig the works to anything for a month if that happens

I think you are safe there. No disrespect to Myth, but they are getting beat by us pretty bad. Hats off to them though as they put up a pretty damn good fight.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby friendly1 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:05 am

Hmmmmm,

At first blush it seems obvious clan awards would be given based on merit and success, and that would be the medal aspect.

For individual awards (regardless what categories are chosen for awarding) you could simply poll the entire regiment of clan players and whoever receives the most votes wins, that way its more of an opinion poll of those playing in the clan league than having awards given based on wins/losses. Not sure, just throwing out idea's for consideration/discussion

Another idea might be assigning metrics to meet in order to gain certain levels/distinctions - ie 100 clan wins, 500 unique clan kills, - could be more specific like 500 team triples victories or more genral like completed 1000 clan games etc etc etc the idea is that any player meeting the metric will receive the distinction similar to current medal system

Many many possibilities...

Finally, I would heavily recommend someone with access to banana's consider a special achievement award for the clan organization thats taken place - its really amazing to see the growth of clan games, challenges activities etc that has taken place in the last year.
Sergeant 1st Class friendly1

Postby Gold Knight on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:03 pm

friendly1 wrote:Finally, I would heavily recommend someone with access to banana's consider a special achievement award for the clan organization thats taken place - its really amazing to see the growth of clan games, challenges activities etc that has taken place in the last year.

I got close access to a supermarket, and their produce section is top of the line... Unfortunately I cannot seem to find the aisle with special achievement awards... It's near the canned goods, is it not??? :mrgreen:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby wercool on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:32 am

Blitzaholic wrote:
mvp could be the player who played in the most games of the winning clan.

best players could be the 2 with the best records with a minimum of 10 games, 12 games, 15 game,s whatever you think is fair for the minimum requirement of the winning clan.
I think your missing the point. the mvp and best player is suposed to go to people who werent on the winning clan(at least thats what i thought)
The king reigns... and his son.
Jesus is the prince!!!

i never have and probably never will use a plug in/ add-on.
Cadet wercool

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Best double,triple,quad team?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby waseemalim on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 am

I do not think division 2 should get awards, or at the very least not the same type of awards. A 90% win rate in Div 1 is much better than a 95% in Div 2.
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby waseemalim on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 am

Blitzaholic wrote:guys, best sportmanship and best smack talk, things like that are too SUBJECTIVE, that is not worth medals, or awards, c;mon now, too hard to judge and it can cause some negativity with players and create others to mouth off, even if it is joking, some may take it the wrong way.

I have finally found something in which I agree with Blitz.
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby Georgerx7di on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:20 am

Perhaps the clans that make the playoffs could vote for the mvp in their clan. Then one member of each clan making the playoffs could get an award. Or you could just give it to the "war minister" or whatever people are calling the guy who organizes teams, for each clan that wins a division. Just some thoughts.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:Perhaps the clans that make the playoffs could vote for the mvp in their clan. Then one member of each clan making the playoffs could get an award. Or you could just give it to the "war minister" or whatever people are calling the guy who organizes teams, for each clan that wins a division. Just some thoughts.

Same clans use multiple people to organize things...

Here is what I think

Clan that wins... All who played get an award

Best Doubles record from a player

Best Triples Record from a player

Best Quads Record from a player

Best Overall Record - 1 or 2 from Each Division

Then honorable mention(up to 3 people) as voted on by jp and marv or voted on by the clans?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Next

Return to Clan Archives