This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby AAFitz on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:13 am

There may or not be a copyright infringment with this clan. McDonalds originally named their fish sandwich the McGill, but changed it to the McFish when it didnt sell.

Perhaps because they no longer use the name it is free for you to use though.

Better to be forewarned than hit with a McLawsuit though. Youll have to ask someone who graduated from McGill law in 1987.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 am

Okay, that's just not even valid logic.

This is pretty clearly fair use, especially since this is not being used for profit, and is only giving positive publicity to a university most people haven't even heard of before (yet apparently has been the location of everything invented in the course of history so far).

In the worst possible light, this is parody, something fully protected under existing laws and thus fair use.

I'm not confusing anyone as to what McGill University is. This is nothing like the McDonald's issue you cite, since I'm not leading anyone to believe that McGill is a sandwich. Quite to the contrary, I am helping get the word out that McGill University is, quite clearly, the greatest educational institution to ever exist.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:13 pm

In!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
User avatar
Private Snorri1234
 
Posts: 3438
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo.
Medals: 6
Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:55 pm

What came first? The chicken or the egg?


McGill University.


Image

I humbly wish to be taken into the fold, pimpdave-san.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4663
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Neoteny on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Copyright infringement was invented at McGill University in 1897.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
User avatar
Lieutenant Neoteny
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with good titles for everyone. Please either be patient and we'll figure out something good eventually, or feel free to make suggestions for yourself or others.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:41 pm

pimpdave wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with good titles for everyone. Please either be patient and we'll figure out something good eventually, or feel free to make suggestions for yourself or others.


As long as I remain Executive Vice President...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Simon Viavant on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:13 am

In

Can I be Vise President of Fluoride Distribution?
ImageImageImage
Remember Them
User avatar
Corporal Simon Viavant
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:17 pm
Location: Alaska
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:51 am

I request that my title to be changed to to "Secretary of Offense"
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5826
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby notyou2 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:51 pm

I'd like to join too, and I would like to be...... Captain of McGill's Fallopian Tube Swim Team
User avatar
Captain notyou2
 
Posts: 3216
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Satisfaction with one's title was invented at MCGill University in 2006.
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby colton24 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:35 pm

Can my title be changed?
Highest Rank: Lt | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!
User avatar
Private 1st Class colton24
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 am
Location: Alabama
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Aradhus on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:14 pm

colton24 wrote:Can my title be changed?



Your twat signature is so inaccurate it might as well say 'you live somewhere on earth'.
User avatar
Major Aradhus
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:14 pm
Location: Commie Central
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby pimpdave on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:19 pm

I've changed a bunch of the titles. Feel free to keep the suggestions coming, it really does help.

Still waiting to hear back on that e-ticket everyone, be patient.

I'm extending the benefit of the doubt that the delay is due to mods being busy, not because they hate McGill University and things like fun.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:13 pm

I'm satisfied.



And being satisfied was invented at you-know-where.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5826
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby phantomzero on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:59 pm

How many McGill students does it take to change a lightbulb?

ONE. But SHE can't do it on Friday night.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:13 pm
Location: 2742 high score 122710
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:02 pm

pimpdave wrote:I've changed a bunch of the titles. Feel free to keep the suggestions coming, it really does help.

Still waiting to hear back on that e-ticket everyone, be patient.

I'm extending the benefit of the doubt that the delay is due to mods being busy, not because they hate McGill University and things like fun.

Mods were invented by McGill University in 2015, the process takes a while because we're all being time-travelled back with the prototype time-machine which isn't 100% accurate all the time.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby colton24 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:06 am

Can my title be changed again?
Highest Rank: Lt | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!
User avatar
Private 1st Class colton24
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 am
Location: Alabama
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Colton24- Vice President of Not Being Satisfied With His Hilarious Nicknames
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5826
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby colton24 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Colton24- Vice President of Finding New Nicknames For People Who Hate Their Current Ones.


Edited of ya. ;)
Highest Rank: Lt | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!
User avatar
Private 1st Class colton24
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 am
Location: Alabama
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby captainwalrus on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Really people? Don't you think the joke has gone far enough? It isn't that great.
~ CaptainWalrus
User avatar
Private 1st Class captainwalrus
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Finnmark
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Neoteny on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:13 am

captainwalrus wrote:Really people? Don't you think the joke has gone far enough? It isn't that great.


Being unnecessary was invented by captainwalrus in 2009.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
User avatar
Lieutenant Neoteny
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:26 am

Neoteny wrote:
captainwalrus wrote:Really people? Don't you think the joke has gone far enough? It isn't that great.


Being unnecessary was invented by captainwalrus in 2009.


Obviously a graduate of McGill
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5826
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby pimpdave on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:09 am

Bad news everyone.

I received a letter of resignation from colton24 today, so he's no longer Vice President of Being Dissatisfied with His Title, and is rejoining the group as Assistant Janitor.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: This Clan Was Invented at McGill University [Social-Join]

Postby colton24 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:49 am

pimpdave wrote:Bad news everyone.

I received a letter of resignation from colton24 today, so he's no longer Vice President of Being Dissatisfied with His Title, and is rejoining the group as Assistant Janitor.


Right :roll:
Highest Rank: Lt | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!
User avatar
Private 1st Class colton24
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 am
Location: Alabama
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Next

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login