FCCFP [1v1 & Poly Games][Forming - 96/209]

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

FCCFP [1v1 & Poly Games][Forming - 96/209]

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:13 pm

NOTE: This is not going in Tournaments because tournaments have to be finished within a year, and this will, hopefully, last much longer. Additionally, there will be no one overall winner – instead, there will be many competitions, each with its own winner.

A while back, when I was still the head of the Entertainment Team, I started thinking about possibilities for a World Cup event. I had an idea – instead of just doing the World Cup, why don't we include the World Cup qualifiers? In fact, why don't we do the full 4-year "road to the World Cup," with qualifiers, continental competitions, and even friendlies?
Of course, it's a bit late now to do that for 2014, but why not for 2018? And after that, 2022?, And after that… :-D

Therefore, I present to you:

La Fédération Conquer Club de Football Polymorphic

Each player will be assigned one of the 209 nations that are members of FIFA.
Teams will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Players who do not select a team will be assigned one alphabetically.
Initial (July 2014) ranking will be by player score (recorded at sign-up).
After July 2014, player scores will have NO IMPACT on rankings.

Starting in August 2014, rankings will be determined by rankings points awarded according to the FIFA Coca-Cola World Ranking Procedure, with minor modifications as necessary to suit our purposes.
I have written a program to compute the rankings points for each game and will be using Excel formulas to compile the monthly rankings, so no worries there.

Each match will consist of 5 games – 2 1v1, 1 poly 2, 1 poly 3, and 1 poly 4.
Why 5 games?
Because 5 is an odd number, so knockout-stage games will always have a winner (though non-knockout stage games can end in draws) - see "Scoring" spoiler for full details on that.
Why those particular game types?
poly 4 + poly 3 + poly 2 + 1v1 + 1v1
= 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1
= 11 players per team.
Ain't I clever? :D

Home teams will be responsible for making the games for their matches and sending me the game numbers.

show: Maps and Settings

show: Scoring

NOTE: We will not be playing the 2014 World Cup, the 2015 AFC Asian Cup, or the 2015 African Cup of Nations, as all or part of the qualification process for those tournaments has been completed or will be completed before July 2014.
I will, however, be running the 2014 World Cup as a separate (TPA4 standard) tourney.
The top team in the July 2014 FCCFP World Rankings will play in the 2017 Confederations Cup as the reigning World Cup winner.
The top AFC team in the January 2015 FCCFP World Rankings will represent the AFC in the 2017 Confederations Cup.

We will begin with July 2014's friendlies* and qualification for the 2014 Caribbean Cup and continue as long as we can. My first goal is to get to and through the 2018 WC. Then, if that is successful, we set our sights on 2022 – we're taking this 4 years at a time.
* I will not be using the FIFA friendly calendar. In order to ensure that no team goes any great length of time without playing, each team not involved in qualification or a competition in a given calendar month will play 1 friendly in that month. Dates and matchups will be randomly determined. If we have an odd number of teams for friendlies (which will probably be the norm), the lowest-ranked team in the most recent FCCFP World Ranking will play an extra friendly.
Whenever possible, I will publish the rankings and send out all matchups for a calendar month on the first of the month. All games played in a calendar month will be scored according to the rankings published on the first of that month.

show: Players by Country

show: Available Countries

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

sempai
Last edited by sempaispellcheck on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 68 times in total.
Can you lead a nation to World Cup glory? Join the FCCFP!!
High score: 2088 - May 30, 2014
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Sergeant 1st Class sempaispellcheck
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (4)

Re: FCCFP [Poly Games][Forming - 1/209]

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:13 pm

I will be the first player in, as the USA.

sempai
Last edited by sempaispellcheck on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (4)

Postby Swifte on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 pm

sempai,

I really like the idea here, and I wish I would be around to take part.
That said, I hope you have a good plan for dropouts... it's going to be very challenging to keep 209 players engaged in this for 4 years... and who's going to want to take over the 150th ranked team 3 years in to the event?
Colonel Swifte
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 141
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (34) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (14)

Postby benga on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:57 pm

First of you say poly and then I see 2 games are 1v1, that's 40%
Private 1st Class benga

Medals: 173
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (16)
Clan Achievement (38) Challenge Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: FCCFP [1v1 & Poly Games][Forming - 1/209]

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Swifte wrote:I really like the idea here, and I wish I would be around to take part.

Thank you! But why do you say you wish?

Swifte wrote:That said, I hope you have a good plan for dropouts... it's going to be very challenging to keep 209 players engaged in this for 4 years... and who's going to want to take over the 150th ranked team 3 years in to the event?

I've taken on that challenge before - remember the Pentathlon? :D
All right, so that didn't quite last 4 years, but it finished.
I'd be willing to take over the 150th ranked team - would be an interesting challenge.
Also, the 150th ranked team could still, theoretically, qualify for and win a World Cup - and of course, they'd be ranked much higher if they did.

benga wrote:First of you say poly and then I see 2 games are 1v1, that's 40%

Fixed now.

sempai

Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Steve The Mighty on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:48 pm

I'm in England if possible
Lieutenant Steve The Mighty

Medals: 88
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (12)
Clan Achievement (14)

Postby ultraman on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:49 pm

in please
Sergeant 1st Class ultraman

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby TX AG 90 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:55 pm

I love long tourneys, so one that never ends should be fun!

I'll take Vietnam!
Last edited by TX AG 90 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel TX AG 90

Medals: 85
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (32)

Postby Jimmy V on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:55 pm

In please. It did not sound like we could select countries but, if we can, Guyana for me...
Sergeant 1st Class Jimmy V

Medals: 38
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby bpt777 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Im in, looks fun!

Since i beleive England has already been requested i shall take the Faroe Islands :-)
Cook bpt777

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2)

Postby JELO on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Hello,

i am in please

with FRANCE

Thank you
Lieutenant JELO

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby drwar on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:57 pm

in please
Corporal 1st Class drwar

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Awoodness on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:58 pm

in please
Captain Awoodness

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby chidone on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:03 pm

in please.....in America
Lieutenant chidone

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (1)

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:05 pm

I will play.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (12)

Postby murphy16 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Sure why not, in please and if we get to select, England please.
Last edited by murphy16 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class murphy16

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby JohnAarson on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:15 pm

This seems like a briliant idea and I would love to participate. :) I'm in with Vanuatu.

Good luck with this project and you can count me in!
Last edited by JohnAarson on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class JohnAarson

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby poetikpunk on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:19 pm

In please
Cook poetikpunk

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby plurple on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:25 pm

so do we have to pick maps at the beginning at sign ups or are we allowed to pick as we are making them will you inform us that we will need to make the games.

who makes the games i assume the home team does.

i'm in i think
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Sergeant 1st Class plurple

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (4)

Postby aalii on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Hey Semp
Have enjoyed your other tourneys, but I think this is too long for me. But please invite me to others

aalii
__xiGames_Image_Member__
"7 yrs of games & friends killing friends."
Major aalii

Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby angola on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:43 pm

I'll play.

As Angola, of course.

Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Colonel angola

Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (16) Tournament Contribution (19) General Contribution (3)

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:43 pm

In, please: Japan.
Brigadier MudPuppy

Medals: 102
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (8) General Contribution (1)

Postby Enter Smith on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:48 pm

In from Canada
"Unless"
Welcome to the Dark Ride
Lieutenant Enter Smith

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby lawz21 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:50 pm

in please...with Uruguay
Major lawz21

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby dt03457 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:52 pm

In please... hmmmm what country? Jamaica has a bobsled team, I guessing they have soccer team as well!! Jamaica it is!
Sergeant 1st Class dt03457

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Next

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup