Conquer Club

Godless Heathen's [Social] [Recruitment] Thread

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Atheists!?!

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:06 am

You know i just randomly stumbled upon this thread, i almost never check out callouts.
You need to somehow advertise this clan on the atheist playgrou... erm, i mean chatter box.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:You know i just randomly stumbled upon this thread, i almost never check out callouts.
You need to somehow advertise this clan on the atheist playgrou... erm, i mean chatter box.

:lol:

You're right.... hmmmm....
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Smokingdude420 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:45 pm

well you seem to be doing rather good you should make the sig that you have a link to the forum but thats cool i didn't even think of that im going to do that too :D
Cadet Smokingdude420

Postby Eigidansei on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Juan, stop bitching. no one wants to join
Corporal Eigidansei

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Eigidansei wrote:Juan, stop bitching. no one wants to join

Who the hell are you?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:39 pm

Smokingdude420 wrote:well you seem to be doing rather good you should make the sig that you have a link to the forum but thats cool i didn't even think of that im going to do that too :D

:lol: , I didn't think of the link!

Postby Neoteny on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:49 am

I'm in, of course. Also, I fully support naming it something to do with the whole "brights" nomenclature just to see how many people we can piss off. Other than that, I can't think of anything clever. "Richard Dawkins makes me hot in my pants" doesn't really have that ring to it, you know?
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:59 am

Yes!!!

It's great to have people that I respect be willing to join.

Neoteny wrote:"Richard Dawkins makes me hot in my pants" doesn't really have that ring to it, you know?

Unless you're Richard Dawkins. I wish that I could get him to join. He would think of a clever name for sure.

"Brights" :lol: I actually kinda like it. Even having seen the site!
Last edited by Juan_Bottom on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smokingdude420 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:27 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Eigidansei wrote:Juan, stop bitching. no one wants to join

Who the hell are you?

the christians are just mad because there are other people on CC besides them
Cadet Smokingdude420

Postby Visaoni on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:45 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Yes!!!

It's great to have people that I respect be willing to join.

Neoteny wrote:"Richard Dawkins makes me hot in my pants" doesn't really have that ring to it, you know?

Unless you're Richard Dawkins. I wish that I could get him to join. He would think of a clever name for sure.

"Brights" :lol: I actually kinda like it. Even having seen the site!

You should get everybody who is thinking of joining to write him. Certainly at least one person will get through...

Although, you could always steal a title of a chapter from his book. "Don't Tread on my Memes." Nobody who hasn't read the book won't get it, but it would be funny to see the thread "Clan War: Don't Tread on my Memes v.s. The Jesus Freaks." Or you could change it up a bit - "Treader of Memes" or some such. Or "The Reducers" (if you don't remember, check out the irreducible complexity section of his book.) Or "Boeing 747s Don't Build Themselves."

Alright, they all suck. But that was just with a quick look at the table of contents. I'm sure more in-depth searching would pull up something other people would understand. Not to mention it would just sound better.
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby jaybebo on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Caleb the Cruel wrote:#4. All members of the JFC have respect for atheists, pagans, and members of any other religion. Yes, atheism is a religion. Yes, they do seem slightly bitter, however God can help them. ;)

Indeed, just as not playing tennis is a sport.
For some reason most people seem to be against the idea of a "not playing tennis" world cup though. Must be bigots or something.

Also, yeah, I`d join the clan.

I would be more likely to say atheism is a belief as compared to a "religion." Personally, even though Christianity is considered a "religion", I prefer to consider it a belief.

As for your clan development, I am glad that you have made the first step in starting one for those that believe in Atheism. =D>
Corporal jaybebo

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks brother!

Postby Visaoni on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:37 pm

jaybebo wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Caleb the Cruel wrote:#4. All members of the JFC have respect for atheists, pagans, and members of any other religion. Yes, atheism is a religion. Yes, they do seem slightly bitter, however God can help them. ;)

Indeed, just as not playing tennis is a sport.
For some reason most people seem to be against the idea of a "not playing tennis" world cup though. Must be bigots or something.

Also, yeah, I`d join the clan.

I would be more likely to say atheism is a belief as compared to a "religion." Personally, even though Christianity is considered a "religion", I prefer to consider it a belief.

As for your clan development, I am glad that you have made the first step in starting one for those that believe in Atheism. =D>

Exactly. It is not a religion anymore than there is a religion for those who like computers, or food. There is only one shared idea - there is no supernatural power that created the world/influences events/etc. There are no indoctrinating mass activities that must be performed, or practices that must be followed. Even the U.S. government would not recognize an official church of atheism. The attempt was to make a point, and I suppose if it actually worked then the financial benefits would have been useful.
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:14 am

Awesome that you didn't disappear yet VISAONI, were you in, or out?

So this is where we're at, at the moment.

[list=][*]JUAN_BOTTOM
[*]NORRI1234
[*]DENOMINATOR
[*]UNIT_2
[*]HAGGIS_MCMUTTON
[*]NEOTENY[/list]

And VISAONI is a maybe?

Postby Iliad on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:54 pm

just saw this and in 8-) 8-)
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:45 pm

Yeessssaaa!!!! Check Into Cash!

Postby Visaoni on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:11 am

Sure, why not? It should be fun.
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby Neoteny on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:15 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Yeessssaaa!!!! Check Into Cash!

Let's not move too quickly. We wouldn't want Juan to hurt himself.
Major Neoteny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:00 am

Neoteny wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Yeessssaaa!!!! Check Into Cash!

Let's not move too quickly. We wouldn't want Juan to hurt himself.

Can't help it! It seems like it's taken forever to get this off the ground. Some days I just didn't know if I could do it anymore. But then I would pop The Bengal's hit song 'Manic Monday' into my cassette recorder/player and let their pretty words carry me through!

And now that people are taking an interest I'm very glad that none of them are knuckle-heads.

• JUAN_BOTTOM
  • SNORRI1234
  • DENOMINATOR
  • UNIT_2
  • HAGGIS_MCMUTTON
  • NEOTENY
  • VISAONI
  • ILIAD

Postby owenshooter on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:14 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Can't help it! It seems like it's taken forever to get this off the ground. Some days I just didn't know if I could do it anymore. But then I would pop The Bengal's hit song 'Manic Monday' into my cassette recorder/player and let their pretty words carry me through!

are you kidding? "forever to get this off the ground."? really? we talked about our clan for well over a year and toyed around with it and contacted key people we wanted, and figured out how to keep the structure as loose yet organized as we possibly could, and then reconsidered the whole damn thing. and after that, we still weren't sure what was going on, and are still figuring it all out! luckily we found people with experience in clans and clan challenges to help us move in the right direction and correctly. i suggest you look for a few members with experience to help you get involved in challenges, etc, smoothly.. good luck, it is alot more work than you think it is, and that is coming from a guy in a clan that is pretty self running...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:44 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Can't help it! It seems like it's taken forever to get this off the ground. Some days I just didn't know if I could do it anymore. But then I would pop The Bengal's hit song 'Manic Monday' into my cassette recorder/player and let their pretty words carry me through!

are you kidding? "forever to get this off the ground."? really? we talked about our clan for well over a year and toyed around with it and contacted key people we wanted, and figured out how to keep the structure as loose yet organized as we possibly could, and then reconsidered the whole damn thing. and after that, we still weren't sure what was going on, and are still figuring it all out! luckily we found people with experience in clans and clan challenges to help us move in the right direction and correctly. i suggest you look for a few members with experience to help you get involved in challenges, etc, smoothly.. good luck, it is alot more work than you think it is, and that is coming from a guy in a clan that is pretty self running...-0

My post was a gross exaggeration, so I didn't mean for it to be taken literal. But a clan based on a belief can't really go around recruiting people either. I definitly understand that we are at the starting place though. Friendly advice is more than welcome.

Postby Neoteny on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:18 pm

I have a question: how competitive do you plan on the group being? Because I definitely can't contribute much to that...
Major Neoteny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Neoteny wrote:I have a question: how competitive do you plan on the group being? Because I definitely can't contribute much to that...

Fair question,.. I don't have any definite plans. I expect this and other important decisions to be made by the clan members collectivly. That's the next step.

Though, I wouldn't mind kicking the Jesus Freak's butts in a couple of match-ups :D .

Postby Visaoni on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 pm

I hate to say it, but I don't think that, at the moment, we would fare well against them. No matter what there needs to be a competition, but I don't think we would win if they threw their A game at us. I know they have at least two Colonels and one Major, so eh, yeah. Assuming they were willing to be point martyr for God anyway. :roll:
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:18 pm

"A point martyr for God" :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not their rank that scares me at all, it's their numbers. I'm very, VERY new here, but I wouldn't be afraid to play anyone. Now playing WITH someone though, IDK.
I would bet dollars to donuts that they have a lot of high rankers. But you're right, for the moment we probably wouldn't stand a chance. But again, this is the starting place.

PreviousNext

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup