Conquer Club

Godless Heathen's [Social] [Recruitment] Thread

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Atheists!?!

Postby jaybebo on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Caleb the Cruel wrote:#4. All members of the JFC have respect for atheists, pagans, and members of any other religion. Yes, atheism is a religion. Yes, they do seem slightly bitter, however God can help them. ;)

Indeed, just as not playing tennis is a sport.
For some reason most people seem to be against the idea of a "not playing tennis" world cup though. Must be bigots or something.

Also, yeah, I`d join the clan.

I would be more likely to say atheism is a belief as compared to a "religion." Personally, even though Christianity is considered a "religion", I prefer to consider it a belief.

As for your clan development, I am glad that you have made the first step in starting one for those that believe in Atheism. =D>
Corporal jaybebo

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks brother!
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Visaoni on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:37 pm

jaybebo wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Caleb the Cruel wrote:#4. All members of the JFC have respect for atheists, pagans, and members of any other religion. Yes, atheism is a religion. Yes, they do seem slightly bitter, however God can help them. ;)

Indeed, just as not playing tennis is a sport.
For some reason most people seem to be against the idea of a "not playing tennis" world cup though. Must be bigots or something.

Also, yeah, I`d join the clan.

I would be more likely to say atheism is a belief as compared to a "religion." Personally, even though Christianity is considered a "religion", I prefer to consider it a belief.

As for your clan development, I am glad that you have made the first step in starting one for those that believe in Atheism. =D>

Exactly. It is not a religion anymore than there is a religion for those who like computers, or food. There is only one shared idea - there is no supernatural power that created the world/influences events/etc. There are no indoctrinating mass activities that must be performed, or practices that must be followed. Even the U.S. government would not recognize an official church of atheism. The attempt was to make a point, and I suppose if it actually worked then the financial benefits would have been useful.
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:14 am

Awesome that you didn't disappear yet VISAONI, were you in, or out?

So this is where we're at, at the moment.

[list=][*]JUAN_BOTTOM
[*]NORRI1234
[*]DENOMINATOR
[*]UNIT_2
[*]HAGGIS_MCMUTTON
[*]NEOTENY[/list]

And VISAONI is a maybe?

Postby Iliad on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:54 pm

just saw this and in 8-) 8-)
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:45 pm

Yeessssaaa!!!! Check Into Cash!

Postby Visaoni on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:11 am

Sure, why not? It should be fun.
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby Neoteny on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:15 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Yeessssaaa!!!! Check Into Cash!

Let's not move too quickly. We wouldn't want Juan to hurt himself.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:00 am

Neoteny wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Yeessssaaa!!!! Check Into Cash!

Let's not move too quickly. We wouldn't want Juan to hurt himself.

Can't help it! It seems like it's taken forever to get this off the ground. Some days I just didn't know if I could do it anymore. But then I would pop The Bengal's hit song 'Manic Monday' into my cassette recorder/player and let their pretty words carry me through!

And now that people are taking an interest I'm very glad that none of them are knuckle-heads.

• JUAN_BOTTOM
  • SNORRI1234
  • DENOMINATOR
  • UNIT_2
  • HAGGIS_MCMUTTON
  • NEOTENY
  • VISAONI
  • ILIAD

Postby owenshooter on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:14 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Can't help it! It seems like it's taken forever to get this off the ground. Some days I just didn't know if I could do it anymore. But then I would pop The Bengal's hit song 'Manic Monday' into my cassette recorder/player and let their pretty words carry me through!

are you kidding? "forever to get this off the ground."? really? we talked about our clan for well over a year and toyed around with it and contacted key people we wanted, and figured out how to keep the structure as loose yet organized as we possibly could, and then reconsidered the whole damn thing. and after that, we still weren't sure what was going on, and are still figuring it all out! luckily we found people with experience in clans and clan challenges to help us move in the right direction and correctly. i suggest you look for a few members with experience to help you get involved in challenges, etc, smoothly.. good luck, it is alot more work than you think it is, and that is coming from a guy in a clan that is pretty self running...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:44 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Can't help it! It seems like it's taken forever to get this off the ground. Some days I just didn't know if I could do it anymore. But then I would pop The Bengal's hit song 'Manic Monday' into my cassette recorder/player and let their pretty words carry me through!

are you kidding? "forever to get this off the ground."? really? we talked about our clan for well over a year and toyed around with it and contacted key people we wanted, and figured out how to keep the structure as loose yet organized as we possibly could, and then reconsidered the whole damn thing. and after that, we still weren't sure what was going on, and are still figuring it all out! luckily we found people with experience in clans and clan challenges to help us move in the right direction and correctly. i suggest you look for a few members with experience to help you get involved in challenges, etc, smoothly.. good luck, it is alot more work than you think it is, and that is coming from a guy in a clan that is pretty self running...-0

My post was a gross exaggeration, so I didn't mean for it to be taken literal. But a clan based on a belief can't really go around recruiting people either. I definitly understand that we are at the starting place though. Friendly advice is more than welcome.

Postby Neoteny on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:18 pm

I have a question: how competitive do you plan on the group being? Because I definitely can't contribute much to that...
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Neoteny wrote:I have a question: how competitive do you plan on the group being? Because I definitely can't contribute much to that...

Fair question,.. I don't have any definite plans. I expect this and other important decisions to be made by the clan members collectivly. That's the next step.

Though, I wouldn't mind kicking the Jesus Freak's butts in a couple of match-ups :D .

Postby Visaoni on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 pm

I hate to say it, but I don't think that, at the moment, we would fare well against them. No matter what there needs to be a competition, but I don't think we would win if they threw their A game at us. I know they have at least two Colonels and one Major, so eh, yeah. Assuming they were willing to be point martyr for God anyway. :roll:
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:18 pm

"A point martyr for God" :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not their rank that scares me at all, it's their numbers. I'm very, VERY new here, but I wouldn't be afraid to play anyone. Now playing WITH someone though, IDK.
I would bet dollars to donuts that they have a lot of high rankers. But you're right, for the moment we probably wouldn't stand a chance. But again, this is the starting place.

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:43 pm

As long as we start out with seq, non-speed games(which give you enough time to consider the options, as opposed to having to rely on experience and playing fast) we should stand a good chance.
C`mon, you guys can`t tell me you don`t understand basic strategy :D

P.S. Rank doesn`t mean all that much, depends how they got there.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:54 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:As long as we start out with seq, non-speed games(which give you enough time to consider the options, as opposed to having to rely on experience and playing fast) we should stand a good chance.

I agree. :D And seriously, we do have some very good players on here already. And some increadibly smart posters too. Really, I suppose, if it were a seq, non-speed game, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Thank-you for pointing that out Haggis_McMutton.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:P.S. Rank doesn`t mean all that much, depends how they got there.

For the record, I hate snipers.

P.S. FYI, I have a 40% win rate(since May :( ), but that's gonna drop a little, cause I am experimenting with team games. But! Like I said, my opponent's rank doesn't bother me. I know I kick ass.

Postby Visaoni on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:01 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:As long as we start out with seq, non-speed games(which give you enough time to consider the options, as opposed to having to rely on experience and playing fast) we should stand a good chance.

For anybody rank means something. Maybe it means they're good at some random map nobody plays with odd settings, but that still means they are good at that map. ;)

No, I think we stand a chance. I just think that in a competition they would be able to win the majority of the games. Besides, God is on their side after all. He'll make the atmospheric noise around Dublin give them all good dice, and us crappy ones. Just watch.
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:06 am

Visaoni wrote:

For anybody rank means something. Maybe it means they're good at some random map nobody plays with odd settings, but that still means they are good at that map. ;)

No, I think we stand a chance. I just think that in a competition they would be able to win the majority of the games. Besides, God is on their side after all. He'll make the atmospheric noise around Dublin give them all good dice, and us crappy ones. Just watch.

Or maybe they`re good at winning triple and quadruple games that they set up with their colonel buddies, against new recruits. ;)
I have no idea if they actually did something like this(they most likely didn`t, but some do), no offense to the JF if they`re reading.
Last edited by Haggis_McMutton on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Smokingdude420 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:10 am

Christianity - The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat an apple from a magical tree ... yeah, makes perfect sense :lol:
Cadet Smokingdude420

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:58 am

I think CALEB THE CRUEL JESUS FREAK said that his clan was not likely to participate in here already. But they'll come around I'm sure, if it's friendly.
You're prolly right about the dice rolls though! That'll be our best excuse.....

Well, IDK SMOKINGDUDE420, when you put it like that...... :lol:

Postby Smokingdude420 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 am

i have a cool little picture to go along with it but i didn't want the mods getting mad like they got mad when i put the picture of jesus on the cross and said " not going anywhere for awhile? Grab a Snickers" :lol: i thought it was funny but the mods and the JF didn't seem to think so but yeah i thought my little saying was rather clever i mean its all true i just split it up to 1 paragraph rather then a whole book :D
Cadet Smokingdude420

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:28 pm

:o HEY! What happened to your call-out? Are you still trying to form clan?

Postby F1fth on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Hey, why not. I'll join.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:45 pm