"The Real University" [recruiting][social]

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: "The Real University" [recruiting][social]

Postby Neoteny on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:10 pm

The destruction was internal. The cause was an attempt to prove a point. The effect was an overreaction. There was never any intent to destroy the group.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Lieutenant Neoteny

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:09 pm

Actually there was no destruction, internal or otherwise. I said attempted destruction. Prove a point? Sure one small group has "proven" that they will go to great lengths in the attempt to insure that nobody sets a rule that they disagree with (mind you they can set or break any rule they like). There was no point; only a flimsy excuse. An outside member of the group stated clearly "this forum will be dead in a month" when it wasn't he used a members username and password to come inside and gripe about or admissions standards. As if turning our callouts thread into a bitchfest (to the point that it was shut down) wasn't enough.

Which isn't my intention here; so I'll refrain from any more comments as long as you don't mention me or the issue. Good luck all.
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Neoteny on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:28 pm

CrazyAnglican wrote:Actually there was no destruction, internal or otherwise. I said attempted destruction. Prove a point? Sure one small group has "proven" that they will go to great lengths in the attempt to insure that nobody sets a rule that they disagree with (mind you they can set or break any rule they like). There was no point; only a flimsy excuse. An outside member of the group stated clearly "this forum will be dead in a month" when it wasn't he used a members username and password to come inside and gripe about or admissions standards. As if turning our callouts thread into a bitchfest (to the point that it was shut down) wasn't enough.

It's looking fairly bleak inside the forum, when such civil discussants as yourself and GT have either removed themselves or been removed. But that's beside the point, and you seem to be missing the point of what they endeavored to achieve. But if you don't want to talk about it, so be it.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Lieutenant Neoteny

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:36 pm

There was nothing they could have acheived that opening their own forum with differing standards (such as this one) wouldn't have done nicely. What they did was interfere with the internal workings of another clan. Hence the "we're right; screw off" mentality that is so prevalent in their posts (which btw was the reason that they weren't welcome in the first place.)

Isn't a common complaint (by the very same folks) against differing belief groups that they try to enforce their will on others? It's exactly what was done, and it's hypocrisy no matter how you try to paint it. I'm very well aware of what the intent was, and haven't missed the point at all. Why the interest in how bleak it is (not to mention knowledge of specific membership) if the intent was not to harm?
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Ditocoaf on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Neoteny wrote:
CrazyAnglican wrote:Actually there was no destruction, internal or otherwise. I said attempted destruction. Prove a point? Sure one small group has "proven" that they will go to great lengths in the attempt to insure that nobody sets a rule that they disagree with (mind you they can set or break any rule they like). There was no point; only a flimsy excuse. An outside member of the group stated clearly "this forum will be dead in a month" when it wasn't he used a members username and password to come inside and gripe about or admissions standards. As if turning our callouts thread into a bitchfest (to the point that it was shut down) wasn't enough.

It's looking fairly bleak inside the forum, when such civil discussants as yourself and GT have either removed themselves or been removed. But that's beside the point, and you seem to be missing the point of what they endeavored to achieve. But if you don't want to talk about it, so be it.

I'm going to have to ask both of you to take this to PMs...

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Medals: 2
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Certainly,

sorry ditocoaf
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby MarVal on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:57 pm

CrazyAnglican wrote:Certainly,

sorry ditocoaf

Thanks CrazyAnglican.

Grtz
MarVal
Corporal 1st Class MarVal

Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)
Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (15) General Contribution (5)

Postby Snorri1234 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:05 am

You had this weird belief that some people can't behave civilly when they are asked to do it. I proved you wrong. You and the others responded by kicking out everyone who just happened to share a clan with me.

Have fun agreeing in your subforum.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby nagerous on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Sign me up for this.
Captain nagerous

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Postby Ditocoaf on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:04 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:

You had this weird belief that some people can't behave civilly when they are asked to do it. I proved you wrong. You and the others responded by kicking out everyone who just happened to share a clan with me.

Have fun agreeing in your subforum.

that should have been a PM.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Postby john9blue on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:04 pm

So Dito asked you to behave civilly by taking this to PM's, and you ignored him and posted here instead. Ironic, no? :lol:
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Ditocoaf on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:37 pm

john9blue wrote:So Dito asked you to behave civilly by taking this to PM's, and you ignored him and posted here instead. Ironic, no? :lol:

Sorry, john9blue, but this is still derailing the thread. I wanted people to take the argument outside of this thread; his brief apology wasn't off-topic, but your and snorri's comments just were.

Postby john9blue on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Apologies to all, I was under the impression that comments like Snorri's were what we were trying to avoid, and posted a bad comment myself trying to prove a point. Now THAT is irony.

Hope this forum is up and running soon. :)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby jennifermarie on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:44 pm

This group sounds interesting, can I join?
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (4)

Postby The1exile on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:03 am

May I join your august ranks?
Lieutenant The1exile

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:23 am

Of course, to both of you... if this is ever made.

After class today, I'll send in a second e-ticket, just to be sure.

Now I must run off to class without breakfast, because I was busy reading this. #-o Thank god I live on campus.

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:39 pm

I sent in another e-ticket with the following members listed. Hopefully we'll get a forum soon...

samuelc812
ZeakCytho
Iliad
mpjh
InsomniaRed
Skittles!
Neoteny
Grooveman2007
khazalid
Haggis_McMutton
PLAYER57832
Curmudgeonx
jnd94
wcaclimbing
Dancing Mustard
whitestazn88
Simon Viavant
Visaoni
john9blue
e_i_pi
Flungus
Stephen Wayne
Juan_Bottom
nagerous
jennifermarie
The1exile

Postby Snorri1234 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:18 pm

How is the progress?

Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Ditocoaf on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:How is the progress?

Still no word...

wait, and did you ever actually ask to sign up? :?

Postby pimpdave on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Oh hey, I'll join.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:04 pm

The forum has been created ;)
Captain samuelc812

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (6) Map Contribution (4)
Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Postby Ditocoaf on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:20 pm

samuelc812 wrote:The forum has been created ;)

Yess! Let's get this party (er, reasoned discussion) started!

pimpdave wrote:Oh hey, I'll join.

Perfect! Could you do me a favor and request entry from the Usergroups page on your control panel? I'd like to test out how that works.

Postby Snorri1234 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:32 am

Ditocoaf wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:How is the progress?

Still no word...

wait, and did you ever actually ask to sign up? :?

Not yet. I'll maybe join next week or so.

Private Snorri1234

Clan Achievement (1)

Postby whitestazn88 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:33 pm

i enjoy being part of the learned
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby cicero on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:28 pm

The only requirements are:
1) A real desire to discuss important and/or interesting issues.
2) A promise to remain civil and avoid insults and ad-hoc arguments at all times within the clan.

I'm curious ... sign me up.
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup