calling out pitrules88

Old information and materials.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 pm

ljex wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:So when something unusual or a mistake happens, yes all of you see it and know what to do immediately because you know the board, skill is over at that point, speed kills. Right or Wrong?


Wrong, mistakes happen rounds in advance of someone being killed more often than not. You can look at a pretty good number of my games and realize that i am the one going for most of the kills. Its all about setting yourself up to not be killed and to kill others at the same time. Often a fine line lays between the two sides of that coin. You say skill is over at that point but this is the root of where you start to go wrong, skill is not over at that point...skill has already happened. It is a skill to know and read the board and to be prepared of that possibility to happen. That is no different than sequential...sure speed is all that matters after all the skill has been placed into the move but that doesn't mean any fast player can have the skill to be prepared for what eventually happens.


I am not disagreeing with you ljex, what I am saying is at the final critical moment. Once the mistake is made all of you recognize it(because you know the map) now it is purely who is the fastest to get those cards. Yes the skill to get you there is now over, the turn in is the winner, because now everyone is waiting to see who is next and if they can get there first. Thats all speed ljex.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant jgordon1111
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 pm
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 pm

yep ljex, you nailed it

I'm not saying anyone in this thread does this, but there's a lot of high ranked players who play 1v1 on a tricky map to run their score all the way up. The fact that I play it on classic not only gives lower rated players a much better chance of winning, but they also get to deploy first and auto their stack on mine putting me at a huge disadvantage.

So I'm still waiting for you guys to man-up and admit that I have some serious skills at this.
User avatar
Brigadier pitrules88
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 pm
Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:27 pm

pitrules88 wrote:yep ljex, you nailed it

I'm not saying anyone in this thread does this, but there's a lot of high ranked players who play 1v1 on a tricky map to run their score all the way up. The fact that I play it on classic not only gives lower rated players a much better chance of winning, but they also get to deploy first and auto their stack on mine putting me at a huge disadvantage.

So I'm still waiting for you guys to man-up and admit that I have some serious skills at this.


My god some of the things you say are just stupid...go look at my numbers for manual classic freestyle, they are pretty much the same as yours and i was way worse than i am now when i played most of them. Also if anyone who is not good joins your games you can very easily get the stack attack off as they are not as fast as you not to mention the fact that many of them don't get the deploy off first. Yeah your good at your chosen map but that doesn't prevent other people from being better.
User avatar
Captain ljex
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:12 am
Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:
ljex wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:So when something unusual or a mistake happens, yes all of you see it and know what to do immediately because you know the board, skill is over at that point, speed kills. Right or Wrong?


Wrong, mistakes happen rounds in advance of someone being killed more often than not. You can look at a pretty good number of my games and realize that i am the one going for most of the kills. Its all about setting yourself up to not be killed and to kill others at the same time. Often a fine line lays between the two sides of that coin. You say skill is over at that point but this is the root of where you start to go wrong, skill is not over at that point...skill has already happened. It is a skill to know and read the board and to be prepared of that possibility to happen. That is no different than sequential...sure speed is all that matters after all the skill has been placed into the move but that doesn't mean any fast player can have the skill to be prepared for what eventually happens.


I am not disagreeing with you ljex, what I am saying is at the final critical moment. Once the mistake is made all of you recognize it(because you know the map) now it is purely who is the fastest to get those cards. Yes the skill to get you there is now over, the turn in is the winner, because now everyone is waiting to see who is next and if they can get there first. Thats all speed ljex.


no it is purely who had accounted for all the variables most accurately. this is where you are wrong you need to know everyone in the game and what they are going to do to make the best possible decision strategically for yourself. The person who was closest to being accurate will be the one that benefits the most and moves closer to winning. This is where true greatness comes into play in speed freestyle escalating.
User avatar
Captain ljex
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:12 am
Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm

I concede to your experience in this ljex, yes it is skill and speed
Image
User avatar
Sergeant jgordon1111
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 pm
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Username: Louie92
Rank: Sergeant 1st Class Sergeant 1st Class
Score: 1481

and ljex, that is not from assdoodling, thats getting owned 1v1
User avatar
Brigadier pitrules88
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 pm
Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby D00MandD3A7H on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Louie92 wrote:
pitrules88 wrote:scratch that, he's not 1900 anymore... hes below 1800... and still dropping... just can't get over the fact that he is telling me how good he is and how bad i am - just.. wow


you still dont get it pittsy. rank doesnt equal skill. never has never will


Louie, now that your rank has fallen this low 1400-1600, I think you have to prove once again that you are as skilled as you think you are. WIN more team games.
I, myself, have never fallen below Captain ever since Day 1 of reaching Captain. I fell from 2948 to Captain, due to bad dice and losing my internet while someone had to sit for me. Of course, I dont take gambling games like 'Assassin' with the whole public.
Image
User avatar
Major D00MandD3A7H
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: Launched from : Florida | Destination : UAC Headquarters on Mars
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby Louie92 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:02 pm

pitrules88 wrote:Username: Louie92
Rank: Sergeant 1st Class Sergeant 1st Class
Score: 1481

and ljex, that is not from assdoodling, thats getting owned 1v1



yes pitrules i may be awful at conquer club but im 26-15 against you so your just degrading yourself by degrading me
User avatar
Private 1st Class Louie92
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Username: Louie92
Rank: Sergeant Sergeant
Score: 1334

It's been a while since I've been this entertained on cc, this is just great. I hope he is a cook by morning. My losses to him were when he was once a somewhat respected player, but now he's just... lol.
User avatar
Brigadier pitrules88
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 pm
Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:19 pm

pitrules88 wrote:Username: Louie92
Rank: Sergeant Sergeant
Score: 1334

It's been a while since I've been this entertained on cc, this is just great. I hope he is a cook by morning. My losses to him were when he was once a somewhat respected player, but now he's just... lol.


im curious how you think his playing ability has changed so drastically as his rank would suggest in the last 24 hours. Not many players on cc regress in ability...
User avatar
Captain ljex
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:12 am
Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:21 pm

you're guess is as good as mine
User avatar
Brigadier pitrules88
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 pm
Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby ljex on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:24 pm

pitrules88 wrote:you're guess is as good as mine


my point was that his playing ability has not changed but one of a few things has happened
1) he is playing a game type that he is not as good at
2) he is playing a game type that is more luck based
3) he doesn't give a shit anymore

im guessing some combination of the above yet you somehow think he is a worse player now than he was 24 hours ago
User avatar
Captain ljex
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:12 am
Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby pitrules88 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:25 pm

he's losing 1v1 on classics as well, to players even lower than him

all i know is im very entertained
User avatar
Brigadier pitrules88
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 pm
Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby Louie92 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:38 pm

pitrules88 wrote:he's losing 1v1 on classics as well, to players even lower than him

all i know is im very entertained


what can i say im jusst that bad.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Louie92
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: calling out pitrules88

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:48 pm

D00MandD3A7H wrote:
Louie92 wrote:
pitrules88 wrote:scratch that, he's not 1900 anymore... hes below 1800... and still dropping... just can't get over the fact that he is telling me how good he is and how bad i am - just.. wow


you still dont get it pittsy. rank doesnt equal skill. never has never will


Louie, now that your rank has fallen this low 1400-1600, I think you have to prove once again that you are as skilled as you think you are. WIN more team games.
I, myself, have never fallen below Captain ever since Day 1 of reaching Captain. I fell from 2948 to Captain, due to bad dice and losing my internet while someone had to sit for me. Of course, I dont take gambling games like 'Assassin' with the whole public.


I think doom has hit it louie,freakin assassin games and a crop of different 1vs1 is causing your fall

or a bunch of low ranked players are alot better than given credit for by those who are above them in rank,when playing their style of game that is.

Now that is skill on a new level
Image
User avatar
Sergeant jgordon1111
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 pm
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Callouts Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login