Alright, so who sucks at complicated maps?

Old information and materials.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Alright, so who sucks at complicated maps?

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:34 pm

I thought it would be fun to slug it out in a 1v1 against a fellow ignoramus on one of those fancy-shmancy complicated farming maps that neither of us know how to play or where to even start (like Das Schloß).

How about it? Anyone up for it? It would be a nice learning experience for the both of us.

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Alright, so who sucks at complicated maps?

Postby VampireM on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I thought it would be fun to slug it out in a 1v1 against a fellow ignoramus on one of those fancy-shmancy complicated farming maps that neither of us know how to play or where to even start (like Das Schloß).

How about it? Anyone up for it? It would be a nice learning experience for the both of us.

-Sully


the best way to learn a complicated map is to play the best and see what they do... on conquer type maps there is only one way to play it usually...
Image
User avatar
Colonel VampireM
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:55 pm
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Alright, so who sucks at complicated maps?

Postby VioIet on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 pm

It completely depends on the "complicated" map. Some I suck at, some I don't. I may be interested though. You can discuss with me in LC or pm.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA


Image
Major VioIet
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 am
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Alright, so who sucks at complicated maps?

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 pm

VampireM wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I thought it would be fun to slug it out in a 1v1 against a fellow ignoramus on one of those fancy-shmancy complicated farming maps that neither of us know how to play or where to even start (like Das Schloß).

How about it? Anyone up for it? It would be a nice learning experience for the both of us.

-Sully


the best way to learn a complicated map is to play the best and see what they do... on conquer type maps there is only one way to play it usually...

Pff. It's more fun to play with someone who also doesn't understand what's going on.


VioIet wrote:It completely depends on the "complicated" map. Some I suck at, some I don't. I may be interested though. You can discuss with me in LC or pm.

Alrighty ;)

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Alright, so who sucks at complicated maps?

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 am

im not the best but I can teach you the common strategies on Das Schloss VS
Image
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2531
User avatar
Major MoB Deadly
 
Posts: 2346
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Allentown, PA
Medals: 140
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (36) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: Alright, so who sucks at complicated maps?

Postby Leehar on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
VampireM wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I thought it would be fun to slug it out in a 1v1 against a fellow ignoramus on one of those fancy-shmancy complicated farming maps that neither of us know how to play or where to even start (like Das Schloß).

How about it? Anyone up for it? It would be a nice learning experience for the both of us.

-Sully


the best way to learn a complicated map is to play the best and see what they do... on conquer type maps there is only one way to play it usually...

Pff. It's more fun to play with someone who also doesn't understand what's going on.

-Sully


Join Map Explorers, seems thats exactly what you're looking for
Image
show
User avatar
General Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director
 
Posts: 6050
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: Graduation Ceremony
Medals: 129
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (9)

Re: Alright, so who sucks at complicated maps?

Postby kentington on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm

I suck at all of these maps because all of them are new. I will play ya Vicious. I don't even care about my score.
User avatar
Sergeant kentington
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)


Return to Callouts Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login