Christmas Avatar Competition

The arena for official Foundry competitions: the War of Art!

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby Gilligan on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Do we have to make one for all 4, or can we do 1 or 2 or 3?
Image
User avatar
Captain Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12741
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby MrBenn on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:02 pm

MrBenn wrote:To take part, all you need to do is to create an avatar (or set of avatars), and to post in this thread with your image(s) attached.

A 'set' could be anything more than 1... (although technically a set could contain one or no items, but that's mathematics for you ;-)
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby Gilligan on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:05 pm

MrBenn wrote:
MrBenn wrote:To take part, all you need to do is to create an avatar (or set of avatars), and to post in this thread with your image(s) attached.

A 'set' could be anything more than 1... (although technically a set could contain one or no items, but that's mathematics for you ;-)


Not sure how I missed that, I read the whole thing. :oops: :oops: I guess I paid more attention to the Rules....
Image
User avatar
Captain Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12741
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby turtleboy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:08 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:
turtleboy wrote:Image
www.conquerclub.com/forum/download/file.php?avatar=359496_1259423193.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I missing something?


i don't think so. it's just not that funny...

fixed it!!! :lol:
look at the original post or look at my avatar
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class turtleboy
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:47 am
Location: Missouri
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Simple offerings from Cairnswk

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11497
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby RjBeals on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm

hey i like em cairns. nice work.
Image
User avatar
Private RjBeals
 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Somehow, they remind me of teletubbies... :)
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:43 pm

natty_dread wrote:Somehow, they remind me of teletubbies... :)

I'm sorry that your mind has sunk so low... :o

RjBeals wrote:hey i like em cairns. nice work.

Thanks Rj. ;)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11497
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 am

Here is one for MrBenn... 8-[

Image

~Sam
User avatar
Major samuelc812
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:56 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (6) Map Contribution (4)
Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby number five on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:05 pm

Image Image Image Image
here's the profile pictures
here's the second edit
Image Image Image Image
whatever looks better
User avatar
Corporal number five
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:07 pm
Location: NC
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby Timbo20 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:06 am

I got one so far, probably will make another 1 or 2 at some point... but here it is;
Image
Cadet Timbo20
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:36 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby captainwalrus on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:19 pm

number five wrote:Image Image Image Image
here's the profile pictures
here's the second edit
Image Image Image Image
whatever looks better

For Red's you might want to use his old one, snoopy with a santa hat would be cooler than butters.
~ CaptainWalrus
User avatar
Private 1st Class captainwalrus
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Finnmark
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby fumandomuerte on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Another for Mr. Benn
Image
Image
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
User avatar
Captain fumandomuerte
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:27 am
Location: The Cinderella of the Pacific
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby MrBenn on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:40 pm

Keep them coming people ;-)

Just to remind people that the avatars will be resized to fit the maximum dimensions 100x100 pixels, and that the maximum file-size is "2000.00KiB" (which I'm assuming is 2MB), although in practice the file sizes should be a lot smaller.
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby Evil DIMwit on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:55 pm

MrBenn wrote:Keep them coming people ;-)

Just to remind people that the avatars will be resized to fit the maximum dimensions 100x100 pixels, and that the maximum file-size is "2000.00KiB" (which I'm assuming is 2MB), although in practice the file sizes should be a lot smaller.


In fact, it's 1.953125MB. Still a whole lot, though.
ImageImage
User avatar
Captain Evil DIMwit
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, NJ
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby ender516 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Evil DIMwit wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Keep them coming people ;-)

Just to remind people that the avatars will be resized to fit the maximum dimensions 100x100 pixels, and that the maximum file-size is "2000.00KiB" (which I'm assuming is 2MB), although in practice the file sizes should be a lot smaller.


In fact, it's 1.953125MB. Still a whole lot, though.

Almost correct. In case anyone is confused, the official SI (metric) prefixes have been tweaked to deal with multiples of 2 as well as of 10. So 1KB = 1000 bytes, 1KiB = 1024 bytes, 1 MB = 1000000 bytes, 1 MiB is (1024 * 1024) bytes or 1048576 bytes. So 2000.00KiB is 2000 * 1024 bytes or 2048000 bytes or 1.953125 MiB or 2.048 MB. As you said, though, still a whole lot. WIth only 10000 pixels, that gives 1024 bytes to represent 5 pixels (discounting file headers). That is pretty deep colour, or a lot of frames of animation.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby Evil DIMwit on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:16 pm

ender516 wrote:
Evil DIMwit wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Keep them coming people ;-)

Just to remind people that the avatars will be resized to fit the maximum dimensions 100x100 pixels, and that the maximum file-size is "2000.00KiB" (which I'm assuming is 2MB), although in practice the file sizes should be a lot smaller.


In fact, it's 1.953125MB. Still a whole lot, though.

Almost correct. In case anyone is confused, the official SI (metric) prefixes have been tweaked to deal with multiples of 2 as well as of 10. So 1KB = 1000 bytes, 1KiB = 1024 bytes, 1 MB = 1000000 bytes, 1 MiB is (1024 * 1024) bytes or 1048576 bytes. So 2000.00KiB is 2000 * 1024 bytes or 2048000 bytes or 1.953125 MiB or 2.048 MB. As you said, though, still a whole lot. WIth only 10000 pixels, that gives 1024 bytes to represent 5 pixels (discounting file headers). That is pretty deep colour, or a lot of frames of animation.


I guess it depends on what standard you use...
ImageImage
User avatar
Captain Evil DIMwit
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, NJ
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby ender516 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:45 pm

Evil DIMwit wrote:
ender516 wrote:
Evil DIMwit wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Keep them coming people ;-)

Just to remind people that the avatars will be resized to fit the maximum dimensions 100x100 pixels, and that the maximum file-size is "2000.00KiB" (which I'm assuming is 2MB), although in practice the file sizes should be a lot smaller.


In fact, it's 1.953125MB. Still a whole lot, though.

Almost correct. In case anyone is confused, the official SI (metric) prefixes have been tweaked to deal with multiples of 2 as well as of 10. So 1KB = 1000 bytes, 1KiB = 1024 bytes, 1 MB = 1000000 bytes, 1 MiB is (1024 * 1024) bytes or 1048576 bytes. So 2000.00KiB is 2000 * 1024 bytes or 2048000 bytes or 1.953125 MiB or 2.048 MB. As you said, though, still a whole lot. WIth only 10000 pixels, that gives 1024 bytes to represent 5 pixels (discounting file headers). That is pretty deep colour, or a lot of frames of animation.


I guess it depends on what standard you use...

I didn't realize anyone (to wit, JEDEC) was still promulgating M as 1024*1024. Forgive a lifelong pedant for trying to show off. Considering my artistic skills, these are likely to be my only posts on this topic. :lol:
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby lgoasklucyl on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:34 am

ender516 wrote:
Evil DIMwit wrote:
ender516 wrote:
Evil DIMwit wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Keep them coming people ;-)

Just to remind people that the avatars will be resized to fit the maximum dimensions 100x100 pixels, and that the maximum file-size is "2000.00KiB" (which I'm assuming is 2MB), although in practice the file sizes should be a lot smaller.


In fact, it's 1.953125MB. Still a whole lot, though.

Almost correct. In case anyone is confused, the official SI (metric) prefixes have been tweaked to deal with multiples of 2 as well as of 10. So 1KB = 1000 bytes, 1KiB = 1024 bytes, 1 MB = 1000000 bytes, 1 MiB is (1024 * 1024) bytes or 1048576 bytes. So 2000.00KiB is 2000 * 1024 bytes or 2048000 bytes or 1.953125 MiB or 2.048 MB. As you said, though, still a whole lot. WIth only 10000 pixels, that gives 1024 bytes to represent 5 pixels (discounting file headers). That is pretty deep colour, or a lot of frames of animation.


I guess it depends on what standard you use...

I didn't realize anyone (to wit, JEDEC) was still promulgating M as 1024*1024. Forgive a lifelong pedant for trying to show off. Considering my artistic skills, these are likely to be my only posts on this topic. :lol:


http://xkcd.com/394/
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class lgoasklucyl
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:49 pm
Location: Somewhere in the 20th century.
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby MrBenn on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:40 am

While this debate is interesting, I think we should try and keep on topic ;-)
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby RjBeals on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:56 pm

well i started one, but am not going to move forward with it. I don't like how it's looking, and it's not what I had visioned. I had wanted to make an animated gif twinkling tree lights, with a CC star logo in it, but the amount of time it would take would be too much.

Image
Image
User avatar
Private RjBeals
 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby alex951 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:37 pm

RedBaron0 this one's for you

Image
User avatar
Corporal alex951
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby MrBenn on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:32 am

There have been some good entries... I'm interested to see what elso comes out of the woodwork over the next couple of days...
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby RjBeals on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:13 pm

Image Image Image Image

Merry Christmas !!

(edited to add nobodies lizard...er... chameleon)
Last edited by RjBeals on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Private RjBeals
 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re: Christmas Avatar Competition

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Very nice Rj =D>
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11497
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Next

Return to Competitions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login