Germany Revamp Competition - FINAL VOTE (page one)

The arena for official Foundry competitions: the War of Art!

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Which map would you like to see as CC's Germany Map?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Map F
37%
Map I
63%

Total votes : 242

Re: Germany Revamp Competition - VOTE NOW!

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:14 am

cairnswk wrote:
sully800 wrote:
The Neon Peon wrote:
sully800 wrote:ya know, map I is now running away from it. I say no run off is necessary if this kind of lead remains.

Of course no map is going to get >50% of the vote since everyone was allowed 2 votes. That doesn't mean that map I is not the clear favorite.

I'd like a run off. I voted for F and I, and I have no clue yet as to which I like more. And there are many other people that voted for both that could be in the same dilemma as myself.

I think that there can't be any harm in running a second poll between just the 2 maps.

Right. I understand the reasoning and that's fine. There's no harm (other than taking more time) but I'm pretty confident the runoff won't change anything. I'd be fine with having one, and it does ensure the fairest possible vote, but I don't personally think it is close enough to be necessary.

Well, i think it would be interesting to see the outcome with only one option.
For all i know, the same 129 who voted for F, could easily have voted also for I, in this vote.
While the coutcome may be the same or similar, it solidifies the winner with only one choice to vote for.
That's my opinion anyways.

I think that's exactly right. Basically, without a run-off then there's no point to the ability to select 2 options. In essence, this 2-option poll—in my mind—was, unless the result was ridiculously one-sided, to decide which two maps would partake in a run-off.
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby porkenbeans on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:08 am

the.killing.44 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
sully800 wrote:
The Neon Peon wrote:
sully800 wrote:ya know, map I is now running away from it. I say no run off is necessary if this kind of lead remains.

Of course no map is going to get >50% of the vote since everyone was allowed 2 votes. That doesn't mean that map I is not the clear favorite.

I'd like a run off. I voted for F and I, and I have no clue yet as to which I like more. And there are many other people that voted for both that could be in the same dilemma as myself.

I think that there can't be any harm in running a second poll between just the 2 maps.

Right. I understand the reasoning and that's fine. There's no harm (other than taking more time) but I'm pretty confident the runoff won't change anything. I'd be fine with having one, and it does ensure the fairest possible vote, but I don't personally think it is close enough to be necessary.

Well, i think it would be interesting to see the outcome with only one option.
For all i know, the same 129 who voted for F, could easily have voted also for I, in this vote.
While the coutcome may be the same or similar, it solidifies the winner with only one choice to vote for.
That's my opinion anyways.

I think that's exactly right. Basically, without a run-off then there's no point to the ability to select 2 options. In essence, this 2-option poll—in my mind—was, unless the result was ridiculously one-sided, to decide which two maps would partake in a run-off.
I agree with cairn, neon, and 44.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Seulessliathan on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:26 am

difficult to make a revamp for a map which includes some geographical nonsense like the imassable between Osnabrück - Münster. First person who sends me a photo of any impassable there will get my vote. So far , maps with rivers and hills there get my vote, that makes more sense than mountains, and i don´t have more major issues with these maps (D&I).
Name changes make sense on all maps, i don´t like the maps which are really dark.
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (12) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby Lone.prophet on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:48 am

Seulessliathan wrote:difficult to make a revamp for a map which includes some geographical nonsense like the imassable between Osnabrück - Münster. First person who sends me a photo of any impassable there will get my vote. So far , maps with rivers and hills there get my vote, that makes more sense than mountains, and i don´t have more major issues with these maps (D&I).
Name changes make sense on all maps, i don´t like the maps which are really dark.

impassebles are for gameplay not geographicly most of the time.

btw i voted for I looked the best IMO but ofcourse some things could still improve, like the overdone old paper tone or the non matching german shield
Captain Lone.prophet

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Seulessliathan on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 am

Lone.prophet wrote:impassebles are for gameplay not geographicly most of the time.

i have seen/played several maps now, and usually i believed that rivers/mountains really existed if it was a non-fiction map. Why should anyone add impassables where none exists? Gameplay would be different, but for all other maps, impassables didn´t come out of nowhere just for gameplay balance. And in this case (Germany map) i don´t see any reason given by gameplay for that strange impassable. I think it´s just geographical nonsense which can´t be undone because gameplay must be the same in revamp. Of course i could make a USA map , moving the Rookie Mountains to Florida .... but .... would that make sense? Would you agree with that if i say gameplay would be better after the change?
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (12) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby sully800 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:16 am

Seulessliathan wrote:
Lone.prophet wrote:impassebles are for gameplay not geographicly most of the time.

i have seen/played several maps now, and usually i believed that rivers/mountains really existed if it was a non-fiction map. Why should anyone add impassables where none exists? Gameplay would be different, but for all other maps, impassables didn´t come out of nowhere just for gameplay balance. And in this case (Germany map) i don´t see any reason given by gameplay for that strange impassable. I think it´s just geographical nonsense which can´t be undone because gameplay must be the same in revamp. Of course i could make a USA map , moving the Rookie Mountains to Florida .... but .... would that make sense? Would you agree with that if i say gameplay would be better after the change?

Seuless - that impassable exists because this is a revamp of a previous map. No one is allowed to change the gameplay, and the original map included some impassables and other territories that were wildly inaccurate. People are doing the best with what they've got, but by the rules of a revamp those impassables cannot disappear.

As for impassables that came out of nowhere for gameplay balance - see Brazil.
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Lone.prophet on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:23 am

Seulessliathan wrote:

well maybe they should think of any other impassible than nature pfenomena, but the idea of the impassables is to make the map balanced for the general starting conditions. so if the map needs them maybe they should make a bit up!
Captain Lone.prophet

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby happy2seeyou on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Where is a picture of the original map?

Just looked at these entries for the first time. Awesome job everyone.
Captain happy2seeyou

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:06 pm

D had my vote :D
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby MrBenn on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Poll Result:
Which map(s) would you like to see as CC's Germany Map?
Poll ended at Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Map A... 43... 7%
Map B... 13... 2%
Map C... 36... 6%
Map D... 48... 8%
Map E... 30... 5%
Map F... 131... 23%
Map G... 52... 9%
Map H... 20... 3%
Map I... 205... 35%

Total votes : 578
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby MrBenn on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Following the result of the poll, there will be a run-off poll between maps F and I.

I'm going to allow a few days for any final tweaks based on feedback within this thread; The final poll will commence on Sunday - so the finalists have until 23:59 (GMT) on Saturday to produce their final submissions.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Germany Revamp Competition

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Look forward to the updated maps!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:49 pm

To the author of I,
The territories of Munster and Osnabruck are connected on the left bank of the river.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby skeletonboy on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:23 am

happy2seeyou wrote:Where is a picture of the original map?

I think A is the original
Corporal 1st Class skeletonboy

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 pm

skeletonboy wrote:

No, other original.

Can people (besides F & I) say which map they made?
Major the.killing.44

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:08 pm

Been a week since w—they, submitted revisions :-^
Major the.killing.44

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:56 am

the.killing.44 wrote:
skeletonboy wrote:

No, other original.

Can people (besides F & I) say which map they made?

Actually so voting is not tainted in any way I think it is best to wait till all voting is done. If all got F & I reveal, people will likely figure out who F and I is.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:32 pm

POLL RESULT:

Map A... 43... 7%
Map B... 13... 2%
Map C... 36... 6%
Map D... 48... 8%
Map E... 30... 5%
Map F... 131... 23%
Map G... 52... 9%
Map H... 20... 3%
Map I... 205... 35%

PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm

MrBenn wrote:
POLL RESULT:

Map A... 43... 7%
Map B... 13... 2%
Map C... 36... 6%
Map D... 48... 8%
Map E... 30... 5%
Map F... 131... 23%
Map G... 52... 9%
Map H... 20... 3%
Map I... 205... 35%

viewtopic.php?f=467&t=105024&start=75#p2383068 ;)
Major the.killing.44

Re: Germany Revamp Competition - FINAL VOTE (page one)

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:42 pm

I was sure I'd done all this before :-k

The first round vote has been counted and verified - the two runaway favourites were entries F and I; without further ado, I present the final entries - The poll closes in 7 days and this time around you only have one vote: The winning map will replace the currently live version of Germany!

Map F:

Map I:
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby skeletonboy on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Pretty even at the moment.

GO F!
Corporal 1st Class skeletonboy

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Mad-elph on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 pm

I vote for i, it is a nice map
Lieutenant Mad-elph

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Map I for the win!
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby jefjef on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:54 pm

I like map I

BUT the rivers should all be the same shade as the impassables chart river.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby fumandomuerte on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Map F colours combination is tha shizzle. Go F!
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions