Germany Revamp Competition - FINAL VOTE (page one)

The arena for official Foundry competitions: the War of Art!

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Which map would you like to see as CC's Germany Map?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Map F
89
37%
Map I
153
63%
 
Total votes : 242

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:00 pm

porkenbeans wrote:My only point was, How in the hell did such a turd even make it to beta in the first place ?

There's a quite simple answer: lack of opposition. We elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers thought it was a good map, and not seeing much (hell, I don't think there was any) opposition to it going into Beta. I know, crazy, isn't it? Damn elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers didn't listen to the MANY porkenbeans posts in the thread, opposing the Beta-quench!

Oh wait. You only posted once. Nearly half a year after quench. Damn elitist bastards!
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:03 pm

porkenbeans wrote:Mr B.
I think the fairest way to do it, is just let all of the entries be on the ballot. If there are a great number of them, then just have a run off election, of the top three. No entry should be excluded for any minor mistakes of names and such. These are only minor tweaks that as stated, will be given a week to fix. After all, This contest is to come up with the most popular rendering. Let the people decide for themselves just which entry that is. After they have decided then the map maker can bring their map into line with the particulars, that you want to be addressed. Such as minor things like spelling, and/or correct names. These items are only small tweaks.

I agree.

Have a vote with all maps and each person gets 3 votes.

After 1 week the top 3 maps have another vote for winner.
Image
Colonel WidowMakers
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby sully800 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 pm

(see below)
Last edited by sully800 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby sully800 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:07 pm

WidowMakers wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:Mr B.
I think the fairest way to do it, is just let all of the entries be on the ballot. If there are a great number of them, then just have a run off election, of the top three. No entry should be excluded for any minor mistakes of names and such. These are only minor tweaks that as stated, will be given a week to fix. After all, This contest is to come up with the most popular rendering. Let the people decide for themselves just which entry that is. After they have decided then the map maker can bring their map into line with the particulars, that you want to be addressed. Such as minor things like spelling, and/or correct names. These items are only small tweaks.

I agree.

Have a vote with all maps and each person gets 3 votes.

After 1 week the top 3 maps have another vote for winner.


Can you do a poll where each person gets 3 votes? I thought it was either "Select 1" or "Select as many as you would like". But I agree that all eligible maps should be up for a vote, so if necessary it would be nice to have multiple polls. (It's also great that there are so many entries that they possibly don't all fit into one poll!)
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:22 pm

sully800 wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:Mr B.
I think the fairest way to do it, is just let all of the entries be on the ballot. If there are a great number of them, then just have a run off election, of the top three. No entry should be excluded for any minor mistakes of names and such. These are only minor tweaks that as stated, will be given a week to fix. After all, This contest is to come up with the most popular rendering. Let the people decide for themselves just which entry that is. After they have decided then the map maker can bring their map into line with the particulars, that you want to be addressed. Such as minor things like spelling, and/or correct names. These items are only small tweaks.

I agree.

Have a vote with all maps and each person gets 3 votes.

After 1 week the top 3 maps have another vote for winner.


Can you do a poll where each person gets 3 votes? I thought it was either "Select 1" or "Select as many as you would like". But I agree that all eligible maps should be up for a vote, so if necessary it would be nice to have multiple polls. (It's also great that there are so many entries that they possibly don't all fit into one poll!)
I think what he was trying to say is, each person could pick his top 3 choices in order of 1st., 2nd. and 3rd. choice. That way you are essentially having a run off in one poll. You just score all the 1st choices with 3 points, all 2nd. with 2, and all 3rd. with 1.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:28 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:My only point was, How in the hell did such a turd even make it to beta in the first place ?

There's a quite simple answer: lack of opposition. We elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers thought it was a good map, and not seeing much (hell, I don't think there was any) opposition to it going into Beta. I know, crazy, isn't it? Damn elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers didn't listen to the MANY porkenbeans posts in the thread, opposing the Beta-quench!

Oh wait. You only posted once. Nearly half a year after quench. Damn elitist bastards!
44, this has got to be one of the dumbest things, that I have ever heard you say. The fact that you geniuses let it through to beta proves MY point. Pepper was obviously one of your gang members. And this fact allowed the turd to pass right on through. This only proves my point. ;)
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby sully800 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:34 pm

porkenbeans wrote:I think what he was trying to say is, each person could pick his top 3 choices in order of 1st., 2nd. and 3rd. choice. That way you are essentially having a run off in one poll. You just score all the 1st choices with 3 points, all 2nd. with 2, and all 3rd. with 1.


Right. I don't think that is possible with the polling software available in the forums. You could have users post their opinions and tally them manually, but that is not a great solution if you are talking about hundreds of votes with no anonymity and the ability to change your vote at any time by editing the post.

I think using the actual voting feature of the forum is the best idea, but then you can't wait choices as 1st, 2nd or 3rd like you suggested. It would be better to just vote on all the possible map selections then pick the 10 that get the most votes and make a single poll. From there you could either vote again on the top 3, or just pick the winner of that initial 10. Oh well, we'll see soon how the voting is conducted.
Last edited by sully800 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:41 pm

porkenbeans wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:My only point was, How in the hell did such a turd even make it to beta in the first place ?

There's a quite simple answer: lack of opposition. We elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers thought it was a good map, and not seeing much (hell, I don't think there was any) opposition to it going into Beta. I know, crazy, isn't it? Damn elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers didn't listen to the MANY porkenbeans posts in the thread, opposing the Beta-quench!

Oh wait. You only posted once. Nearly half a year after quench. Damn elitist bastards!
44, this has got to be one of the dumbest things, that I have ever heard you say. The fact that you geniuses let it through to beta proves MY point. Pepper was obviously one of your gang members. And this fact allowed the turd to pass right on through. This only proves my point. ;)

Uh, no, it doesn't prove your point. Please tell me where anyone was against the Beta-quench, before the upload actually happened. I looked through the few pages before the Beta-quench, and saw one dissenter. There were numerous members who aren't elitist, power-crazed motherfucking bastards who were pushing the map to quench.
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:43 pm

sully800 wrote:Yeah, I can't imagine they will rule maps out for spelling mistakes like that. But if the gameplay or naming scheme is purposefully different that would be obvious, and not allowed by the rules of the revamp.
The rules were a bit ambiguous to say the least. it used phrases like "in a perfect world", and statements like "leeway" will be allowed. The competition is for graphics. So, if there are any simple fixes like a quick name change or spelling correction, then that is in perfect line with the stated rules. I had corrected a couple of misspellings from the original map, and I even changed a couple of names, for reasons that involved a better choice and/or a shorter name that would fit better. If the names must be kept in their incorrect form and such, then that is only a 2 min. tweak. It is not a reason to disqualify a submission. Especially when rules said some "leeway" would be allowed. It also said that the winning map maker would be allowed a week to make such small tweaks. To disallow a submission for such a SMALL tweak would be very disingenuous. And would go against the spirit of the ambiguous rules.
Last edited by porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:45 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:My only point was, How in the hell did such a turd even make it to beta in the first place ?

There's a quite simple answer: lack of opposition. We elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers thought it was a good map, and not seeing much (hell, I don't think there was any) opposition to it going into Beta. I know, crazy, isn't it? Damn elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers didn't listen to the MANY porkenbeans posts in the thread, opposing the Beta-quench!

Oh wait. You only posted once. Nearly half a year after quench. Damn elitist bastards!
44, this has got to be one of the dumbest things, that I have ever heard you say. The fact that you geniuses let it through to beta proves MY point. Pepper was obviously one of your gang members. And this fact allowed the turd to pass right on through. This only proves my point. ;)

Uh, no, it doesn't prove your point. Please tell me where anyone was against the Beta-quench, before the upload actually happened. I looked through the few pages before the Beta-quench, and saw one dissenter. There were numerous members who aren't elitist, power-crazed motherfucking bastards who were pushing the map to quench.
My point is, NOBODY OPPOSED IT. What does that say to you ? It says to me that the know-it-alls are not infallible, and should not be given the power to quash maps, or send them through. This is a prime example of what happens. Let the beta testing procedure do this job.
Last edited by porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:49 pm

porkenbeans wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:My only point was, How in the hell did such a turd even make it to beta in the first place ?

There's a quite simple answer: lack of opposition. We elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers thought it was a good map, and not seeing much (hell, I don't think there was any) opposition to it going into Beta. I know, crazy, isn't it? Damn elitist, power-crazed motherfuckers didn't listen to the MANY porkenbeans posts in the thread, opposing the Beta-quench!

Oh wait. You only posted once. Nearly half a year after quench. Damn elitist bastards!
44, this has got to be one of the dumbest things, that I have ever heard you say. The fact that you geniuses let it through to beta proves MY point. Pepper was obviously one of your gang members. And this fact allowed the turd to pass right on through. This only proves my point. ;)

Uh, no, it doesn't prove your point. Please tell me where anyone was against the Beta-quench, before the upload actually happened. I looked through the few pages before the Beta-quench, and saw one dissenter. There were numerous members who aren't elitist, power-crazed motherfucking bastards who were pushing the map to quench.
My point is, NOBODY OPPOSED IT. What does that say to you ?

That it proves my/our point.

Let's put your two points together:

Q: "My only point was, How in the hell did such a turd even make it to beta in the first place ?" —porkenbeans (viewtopic.php?f=467&t=104329&start=75#p2368332)
A: "My point is, NOBODY OPPOSED IT." —porkenbeans (viewtopic.php?f=467&t=104329&start=90#p2369080)

You tell me how a group of people is being elitist by moving something along when there was no opposition?
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:57 pm

I have already told you. I am sorry that you just do not seem to comprehend.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby The Neon Peon on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:03 pm

.44, don't argue with pork, it's not worth it. They guy doesn't understand common sense.

If you want to know what his point is, it is that no one opposed it because it was made by the entrenched elites. Because they can somehow stop people from posting in the thread to say the map sucks. :roll:

Personally, I like all the revamps a lot better than their original maps, I honestly don't really understand why there's been a fuss about any of them. (Don't quote or explain the issues to me... I've read them already, I still think the maps are far better)
User avatar
Lieutenant The Neon Peon
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:49 pm
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:07 pm

porkenbeans wrote:I have already told you. I am sorry that you just do not seem to comprehend.

:lol:
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:09 pm

sully800 wrote:Can you do a poll where each person gets 3 votes? I thought it was either "Select 1" or "Select as many as you would like". But I agree that all maps should be up for a vote, so if necessary it would be nice to have multiple polls.
I believe you can. When you setup a poll you get the option of how many poll "option" a person gets. Default is 1.

Image
Image
Colonel WidowMakers
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:14 pm

WidowMakers wrote:
sully800 wrote:Can you do a poll where each person gets 3 votes? I thought it was either "Select 1" or "Select as many as you would like". But I agree that all maps should be up for a vote, so if necessary it would be nice to have multiple polls.
I believe you can. When you setup a poll you get the option of how many poll "option" a person gets. Default is 1.

Image
Yes, it seems that you are right. Although it does not seem to be able to give more points for any one of the choices. Still, it would do a pretty good job of finding the most popular map I think. And you could always just have a runoff of the top three, if they wanted to. :D

I am very curious as to just how many entries there were.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:07 pm

3-tiered voting system:

First a poll between all the entries. Each voter can choose 1-3 maps to give a vote to. If any entry gets >65% of the votes, it is automaticly the winner.

Then, if no map gets >65% of the votes, we pick 4 maps with most votes, and put up a new poll, where each voter can only select 1. If any entry gets >50% of the votes, it is automaticly the winner.

Then, if no map gets >50% of the votes, we pick the 2 with most votes, and put up the final poll. Since the final poll has only 2 options, one of them will inevitably receive more than 50% of the votes.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13323
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby Evil DIMwit on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:13 pm

Although it does not seem to be able to give more points for any one of the choices.

That one's possible: Have three polls. One for 1st, one 2nd, one 3rd. Each candidate gets 3*(votes in 1st poll) + 2*(votes in 2nd poll) + 1*(votes in 3rd poll), or however much the votes are worth. Of course, then there's the problem that users can vote for a map more than once, but if someone's that enthusiastic about one map then perhaps it does deserve 6 points.
ImageImage
User avatar
Captain Evil DIMwit
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, NJ
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Nah, just use the 3-tiered voting system I posted. This would be the best way (with the available software) to ensure the most popular map gets chosen.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13323
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby sully800 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:16 pm

porkenbeans wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:I believe you can. When you setup a poll you get the option of how many poll "option" a person gets. Default is 1.

Image
Yes, it seems that you are right. Although it does not seem to be able to give more points for any one of the choices. Still, it would do a pretty good job of finding the most popular map I think. And you could always just have a runoff of the top three, if they wanted to. :D

I am very curious as to just how many entries there were.


Excellent, thanks for the info WM. And I agree, I'm curious to see the results of the competition! :)
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:58 pm

natty_dread wrote:3-tiered voting system:

First a poll between all the entries. Each voter can choose 1-3 maps to give a vote to. If any entry gets >65% of the votes, it is automaticly the winner.

Then, if no map gets >65% of the votes, we pick 4 maps with most votes, and put up a new poll, where each voter can only select 1. If any entry gets >50% of the votes, it is automaticly the winner.

Then, if no map gets >50% of the votes, we pick the 2 with most votes, and put up the final poll. Since the final poll has only 2 options, one of them will inevitably receive more than 50% of the votes.
I like it. Seems like a very good way to proceed. ;)
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby MrBenn on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:21 pm

sully800 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:I believe you can. When you setup a poll you get the option of how many poll "option" a person gets. Default is 1.

Image
Yes, it seems that you are right. Although it does not seem to be able to give more points for any one of the choices. Still, it would do a pretty good job of finding the most popular map I think. And you could always just have a runoff of the top three, if they wanted to. :D

I am very curious as to just how many entries there were.


Excellent, thanks for the info WM. And I agree, I'm curious to see the results of the competition! :)

For some reason I thought there was a maximum of 8 poll options... I've checked through the submissions for gameplay accuracy, and will post the poll in the (my) morning...
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7049
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Is everyone as excited as I am just to see what everyone came up with ?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:44 pm

porkenbeans wrote:Is everyone as excited as I am just to see what everyone came up with ?


I'm just excited to see if I get "shortlisted" or not... after all, who knows what the mods consider to be "final forge quality"...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13323
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Germany Graphics ONLY Revamp Competition

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:59 pm

natty_dread wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:Is everyone as excited as I am just to see what everyone came up with ?


I'm just excited to see if I get "shortlisted" or not... after all, who knows what the mods consider to be "final forge quality"...
I think that they should just leave that to be determined by the votes. Even if its a turd, whats the harm in just letting it sink or swim on its own ?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login