World Cities Contest: We have a winner!

The arena for official Foundry competitions: the War of Art!

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Which map do you prefer?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 am

LONDON
41%
DUBAI
4%
ISTANBUL
55%

Total votes : 181

Re: World Cities Contest: Phase Three

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:22 pm

I voted for Istanbul. London is good, though I have reservations on the style of the title. Dubai, well it is different, at the same time I can't seem to figure it out. Too busy.
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: World Cities Contest: Phase Three

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

isaiah40 wrote:I voted for Istanbul. London is good, though I have reservations on the style of the title. Dubai, well it is different, at the same time I can't seem to figure it out. Too busy.

I think you've mapped out my thoughts as well.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: World Cities Contest: We have a winner!

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Hello everyone!

It is with great pleasure that I can announce the winner of the World Cities Contest.
Congratulations to ISN2 for developing both gameplay and graphics of the map that gained the most public votes! =D>

You have been awarded a General Achievement Medal for winning the competition, moreover you will receive a Cartography Contribution Medal and 1 Year of Premium Membership as soon as the map will be quenched.

Istanbul

In addition, Bruceswar, DJ Teflon, ISN2, isaiah40 and sannemanrobinson have been awarded a General Achievement Medal for being the authors of the shortlisted maps in the phase two of the competition.
Finally natty_dread has been awarded a General Achievement Medal for being the author of the London Map that received most votes.

Thanks to all ConquerClub Members that voted and a Special Thanks to all who took part to the World Cities Competition: Isaiah40, Kengyin, Bruceswar, DJ Teflon, sannemanrobinson, Phantomzero, ISN2, Victor Sullivan, Industrial Helix, Riskismy, natty_dread, MrBenn and CJ Lues.

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby porkenbeans on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 pm

:D \:D/
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Congrats, ISN2!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Well done chaps!

(and it's nice to have a new mapmaker win the contest - perhaps you'll be able to rival WidowMakers for contest victories at some point?! :lol: )
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Previous

Return to Competitions