Conquer Club

Official Brazil REVAMP competition [Done! - RJbeals wins]

The arena for official Foundry competitions: the War of Art!

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Official Brazil REVAMP competition [Open]

Postby edbeard on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:10 pm

I'd say try not to change the dimensions of the map too much because that's going to be something that annoys people who play the map as it is currently.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Lone.prophet on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:53 pm

damn bad timing, i cant do anything and i wanted it so bad
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby bryguy on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 pm

gimil wrote:Its to late now for me anyway guys and ive already seen some entries. I would love to enter but I dont have enought time leftto put something together and ive already seem some kick ass stuff that I would have no problem pwn'ing ;)

how about i join (claiming to be your multi) and make one for you?? :mrgreen:

anyways i cant wait to see the entries!
Corporal bryguy

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi all!

I was so busy the last days that this is the first time I visit this thread. Im very happy because it attracted the attention of so many skilled map makers... Im sure the final revamp will be great! :D

Oh, about territories names, they can be changed, but of course I will take part in this, helping to analyse the accuracy of the new manes, compared to the old ones. The winner of the contest will have my total cooperation to this.

For now, I just want to wish you all good luck. :mrgreen:

Ps: just wondering if my old map will take part in the poll... I know there are a few fans of my Paint effort, lol :)
Major Marvaddin

Postby WidowMakers on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:47 pm

oaktown wrote:
Mjinga wrote:Can we change the dimensions of the map? Or are we to use the 712 x 624 pixel (large) dimensions? Also, must we submit a small as well as a large?

I assume that you just have to stay within the normal map guidelines - it doesn't have to be the same size as the original.

And I would guess you only have to submit one map.

I suspect gimil will correct me if I am wrong on either point.
I think submitting a small is the best. It shows that everything is readable and fits in the space. Any large map can look good but once it gets shrunk down there can be issues.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby WidowMakers on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:50 pm

gimil wrote:Its to late now for me anyway guys and ive already seen some entries. I would love to enter but I dont have enought time leftto put something together and ive already seem some kick ass stuff that I would have no problem pwn'ing ;)
When you say "no problem pwn'ing", that means you think you could easily kill those maps. Is that what you meant?

What exactly did you mean gimil?

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby RjBeals on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:25 am

WidowMakers wrote:
When you say "no problem pwn'ing", that means you think you could easily kill those maps. Is that what you meant?

What exactly did you mean gimil?

WM

Yeah... what kind of comment was that? :D

I'm just bummed that i'm going on vacation this satruday, for a week, and will not have internet access at the beach house. I'll not get to see the entries. But I think Marv's Brazil should be an entry. There's a chance it still could be the preferred map. Hell - I may even vote for it.
Private RjBeals

Postby pamoa on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 am

Marvaddin wrote:... just wondering if my old map will take part in the poll... I know there are a few fans of my Paint effort...

RjBeals wrote:...I think Marv's Brazil should be an entry. There's a chance it still could be the preferred map. Hell - I may even vote for it.

But then it wouldn't be a revamp competition but more like a "should it stay"... :roll:
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:02 pm

I disagree with pamoa
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby ZeakCytho on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:05 pm

max is gr8 wrote:I disagree with pamoa

I disagree with Max.

The community has already decided that the map needs to change (barring a veto from Marv, of course). The only question now is what to change it to. Including the original version in the poll goes against that idea.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Just because they want a new one doesn't mean they prefer it
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby pamoa on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:23 pm

max is gr8 wrote:Just because they want a new one doesn't mean they prefer it

Maybe, but I don't like the idea of my throwing energy (hours of works for a new propositon)against the wall of conservatism for their eyes only!
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby Mjinga on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Marvaddin wrote:...

Oh, about territories names, they can be changed, but of course I will take part in this, helping to analyse the accuracy of the new manes, compared to the old ones. The winner of the contest will have my total cooperation to this.

Do you want us to check with you before we even submit an idea to the map contest as an entry, or do you not care until there's a winner picked?
Reputation cleared. :) Never let it be said that Team CC don't investigate fairly.
Although they take bloody forever to do it...
Lieutenant Mjinga

Postby RjBeals on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:16 pm

pamoa wrote:

Maybe, but I don't like the idea of my throwing energy (hours of works for a new propositon)against the wall of conservatism for their eyes only!

True.. But I personally think Marv's map is sort of like the "classic". You know the drama that went down when that was changed. Even the army circles. I may, or may not enter a map in the competition. But there's still a chance that Marv's paint map will still be the preferred map. I say we keep it as a poll option, as in "none of the above" when voting.
Private RjBeals

Postby pepperonibread on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:42 pm

RjBeals wrote:
pamoa wrote:

True.. But I personally think Marv's map is sort of like the "classic". You know the drama that went down when that was changed. Even the army circles. I may, or may not enter a map in the competition. But there's still a chance that Marv's paint map will still be the preferred map. I say we keep it as a poll option, as in "none of the above" when voting.

I don't think the classic touch-up and this revamp will be very comparable, though. I'd guess that the changes to this map are going to be MUCH larger than the edits to classic. Sure, put up the old map for the vote if others feel it should be there, but I don't really see the point. Not only has this never been done in one of these competitions, but with great artists like WM in the mix I doubt the original map will be preferred over the others (no offense to Marv :)).
Corporal pepperonibread

Postby Marvaddin on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:00 am

Mjinga wrote:

Do you want us to check with you before we even submit an idea to the map contest as an entry, or do you not care until there's a winner picked?

Hmmmm, I think its better to work with the winner. The renames need to be analysed one-by-one, so with many people making the entries, it could be a good amount of job for no use.

About my map in the poll, I know it has no chance to win. In fact, I dont intend vote for it (unless I think its really better than the others, and I dont see this happening). It was to see if there is someone still devoted to it, lol :D
Major Marvaddin

Postby gimil on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:36 am

Marvaddin wrote:
Mjinga wrote:

Hmmmm, I think its better to work with the winner. The renames need to be analysed one-by-one, so with many people making the entries, it could be a good amount of job for no use.

About my map in the poll, I know it has no chance to win. In fact, I dont intend vote for it (unless I think its really better than the others, and I dont see this happening). It was to see if there is someone still devoted to it, lol :D

all you have to do is submit it to me by pm.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby snapdoodle on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:41 am

RjBeals wrote:
pamoa wrote:

I agree. The revamp has to be obviously better than the original otherwise it's a downgrade.
Captain snapdoodle

Postby InkL0sed on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:48 am

I'm pretty sure nobody actually plays Brazil. So I doubt there will be nearly as much drama as there was with Classic.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby ZeakCytho on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:55 am

InkL0sed wrote:I'm pretty sure nobody actually plays Brazil. So I doubt there will be nearly as much drama as there was with Classic.

I agree. There are 116 active games of Brazil right now. There are 5438 active games of classic.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby InkL0sed on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:05 am

ZeakCytho wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:I'm pretty sure nobody actually plays Brazil. So I doubt there will be nearly as much drama as there was with Classic.

I agree. There are 116 active games of Brazil right now. There are 5438 active games of classic.

I'm in one of the 116!!!
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby ZeakCytho on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 am

InkL0sed wrote:
ZeakCytho wrote:

I'm in one of the 116!!!

Me too :D

It appears, incidentally, that the least popular map right now is Midkemdil, with only 46 active games. That's followed by Space, with 51, and Battle of Actium with 56. This excludes Das Schloss, with 33, though, since more people would be playing that if they could.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:44 am

I'm cutting down at the moment, so I would be about 216 with me playing.
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby oaktown on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:28 am

ZeakCytho wrote:It appears, incidentally, that the least popular map right now is Midkemdil, with only 46 active games. That's followed by Space, with 51, and Battle of Actium with 56. This excludes Das Schloss, with 33, though, since more people would be playing that if they could.

What, no Chinese Checkers? For the amount of grief I've taken over that map it should be lower than Actium. ;)

Can't wait to see the entries, by the way. Its fascinating not even knowing who is entering!
Captain oaktown

Postby gimil on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:11 am

guys about a day and a half to get your entries in!
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions