Add more Time Options for Speed Games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:29 pm

Sheesh, when speed games come out...things will be 'fixed'.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

12 hours

Postby Georgerx7di on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:10 pm

I too would like to see a 12 hour time option for taking your turn, for players who check they're games more than once a day.
Major Georgerx7di

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby boberz on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:16 pm

interesting idea to make it stretch the other way and that sounds good but think how long it would take playing a six player with 4 deadbeats. Good idea if it can be made to work.
Cadet boberz

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby urbansloth on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:37 pm

boberz wrote:interesting idea to make it stretch the other way and that sounds good but think how long it would take playing a six player with 4 deadbeats. Good idea if it can be made to work.

True - I doubt anything more than a 2 or 4 day limit would be workable, but still - you're targeting the more casual player, who doesn't necessarily need/want the game wound up asap.

For eg, I go away often for the weekend - its becomes a real pain in the butt going out of my way to find internet access so I don't deadbeat my games!

I imagine through natural selection there would be less of these games created, but at least it provides an alternative to those that need it (*cough* me! *cough*)...
Major urbansloth

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Lone.prophet on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:02 am

some1 deadbeating in 3 weeks cause of timer is 1 week :evil:
Captain Lone.prophet

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Speed games

Postby douglong on Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:56 pm

Why noy make aspeed game forum (like public / private) and put a selector for standard games (12hrs / 15hrs / 18hrs/ 24hrs)?
Private 1st Class douglong

Postby Flinn on Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:32 pm

I like this idea and was thinking the same thing. I like the casual games and atmosphere, but it'd be nice if there were a game type you could play quickly when you may have a few hours to spend in front of the computer.
Cadet Flinn

Postby aphockey23 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:59 pm

a 30 min timer would be awsome
Sergeant aphockey23

Postby Mylittlepuddykat on Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:03 pm

12 hours wouldnt work because of sleep... every other 12 hours you spend most of it sleeping, however this is a cool idea and I really hope it comes out, I think you should make the time flexible so people can choose at the begining what time lengths they want
Corporal Mylittlepuddykat

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby aphockey23 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:31 am

Mylittlepuddykat wrote:12 hours wouldnt work because of sleep... every other 12 hours you spend most of it sleeping, however this is a cool idea and I really hope it comes out, I think you should make the time flexible so people can choose at the begining what time lengths they want

if you are playing a speed game then sleep shouldnt matter
speed games should not take more then an hour or 2 to play
Sergeant aphockey23

Postby geegel on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:56 am

urbansloth wrote:What about the opposite? I've just found this site and it looks great, but I'm not in front of a computer very day - 24 hrs sometimes wouldn't be enough!

If time option is built in, please ensure it extends the other way too - with options for 2 days, 4 days, a week etc! I think you would extend the demographic of players to casual users too = more membership revenues.

Great site and system guys, well done...

I second this proposal
Sergeant 1st Class geegel

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1)

Postby Anarchist on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:11 am

Gandalf40 wrote:After only playing for 1 day here are my thoughts on this idea. (Only because I have thought about making a RISK computer game for a long time and have several ideas.)

Let the game creator set the amount of time a player has before starting his turn. (5, 10, 20, 30, 60min, or .5 are good options.) Then you would have to make that part of the Game Finder as well so people can join 'fast' games by filtering for them.

you could also allow the game creator to stop the clock for breaks or temporary absences. (Equivalent to the 24hr pause idea.) This should catch on pretty fast. Soon you will have a whole group that just want to sit down one evening and play a game straight through. And if it just gets to late they can pause and finish the next night.

$$$ Make this only available to premium members and it should generate more revenue. $$$

Part of this can be a 'vote them off the island' idea where an inactive user can be kicked. Then all his/her armies become neutral, no reinforcements. Also (assuming that you do this normally) the RISK cards are no longer given to the player that defeats the now neutral player. (You can either 'reshuffle' the cards back into the deck or just discard them.)

Just my two bits.

Thanks for the great site,

I second all three of those suggestions
especially the later two
Sergeant 1st Class Anarchist

Postby Koba on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:19 am

I'm new to the site, and have 3 games on the go at the moment. I think it would be great to have shorter time options, but then I do have lots of time on my hands.
Private Koba

limit time between turn

Postby littlefishdr on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:12 pm

I think this site should give an option changing the time between turns 24 hours to like 2 hours or even 1 hour.

P.S. if this topic is already been posted my bad. :P
Corporal littlefishdr

Turn limits

Postby AC/DC on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:25 pm

People do have lives

If I'm out the day and time limit is only 1 hour I could be knocked out of all my games. maybe if players have the option of changing the time between turns during the game.
FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK
WE SALUTE YOU
Cadet AC/DC

Postby XenHu on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:28 pm

Use the search button...

Not that hard :roll:

Now Image
Cook XenHu

Postby moz976 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:32 pm

Moved to Suggestions forum and Merged with the Speed Games Thread.

Next time check out the To-Do List at the top of the suggestions forum.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private 1st Class moz976

Medals: 3
General Contribution (3)

Postby wicked on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:33 pm

please ignore xenhu. :roll: xenhu, go play mafia instead of being annoying!
Major wicked

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby XenHu on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:23 pm

wicked wrote:please ignore xenhu. :roll: xenhu, go play mafia instead of being annoying!

:P

(I'm allowed to flame if I want to)

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby wicked on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:33 pm

not outside the flame wars genius. :roll: if you can't tell the difference, please stop posting.
Major wicked

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby littlefishdr on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:08 pm

thanks wicked :wink: plus just wondering i no lack said speed games are coming in 2007. do have any more precise date like what month maybe
Corporal littlefishdr

Postby wicked on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:34 pm

nope, no date yet.
Major wicked

Suggestion: Real Time Game Option

Postby ericisshort on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:17 am

new game option: real-time game where each person only has an hour to take their turn.

Once the game starts, the first player's turn starts automatically (no BEGIN TURN option), giving them only an hour to finish their turn. Once they end their turn, it starts the next player, etc.
Last edited by ericisshort on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain ericisshort

Postby s.xkitten on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:29 am

look at the to do list before you post a new idea
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2112
Sergeant s.xkitten

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby ericisshort on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:58 am

I did look at the to do list and I missed that one, but I think this would be much simpler. No need to change much coding-wise... just ending one player's turn will start the next player's.
Captain ericisshort

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions