Add more Time Options for Speed Games

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: new turn lengths

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:00 pm

zimmah wrote:ye, let's have games that have a turn timer of 96 hours too, so people can take a turn once a week. especially in 8 player games, then, if everyone is taking their turns late it will take 30 days before you get to take your next turn.

you don't need to mock an idea just because you've better circumstances, yes i like to hear more point of views, but it's not unrealistic idea to do such comments, you don't know, may be after a bit of time, you would feel about the need of it.

Victor Sullivan wrote:Longer speed games don't really make a whole lot of sense to me, especially considering most of the action takes place in the last 30 seconds. Longer casual games...eh, I don't know as if the 48 hour option would be used much, but I could see it potentially being good for Freestyle games.

-Sully

respect your opinion.

Dibbun wrote:Prior to doing this we need a 2-minute speed turn option.

i considered this idea, since some small maps need a lot faster turns, but thought it was more priority to consider the longer one for those who wish to play more games in one time, so people stuggle to finish their job due to more acitions in their key turns ( escalating or large/Fedual ) maps.

peace.
Colonel Prince_Tottenham

Medals: 48
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby jefjef on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:10 am

There is a site that I know of. Can't remember my username. Ooh. Maybe I do. I don't know. I'll have to go see. lol.

All the op is suggesting is the option of choice. That is always good.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby demonfork on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:17 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Longer speed games don't really make a whole lot of sense to me, especially considering most of the action takes place in the last 30 seconds. Longer casual games...eh, I don't know as if the 48 hour option would be used much, but I could see it potentially being good for Freestyle games.

-Sully

It's funny that you say this...Just today one of my friends that I turned on to CC said to me "I wish CC had a speed game option with turns longer than 5 mins.....It's really hard to play a game at work with 5 min turns"
Corporal 1st Class demonfork

Medals: 61
Conqueror Achievement (1) Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

demonfork wrote:

-Sully

It's funny that you say this...Just today one of my friends that I turned on to CC said to me "I wish CC had a speed game option with turns longer than 5 mins.....It's really hard to play a game at work with 5 min turns"

it's not just that, it's also when you big trip one some large maps, specially like Feduals, or playing on fog, also some classic when you want killing one after one, you have to work on killing troops sometimes without 'Auto' in case another troops must conquer to save some attacking troops in your force.

I know some people lost their games because they ran out of time.

it's not that poor idea, people must pick games which suits them, it would be good to see 2-5-10 mins speed games, as well as 24-36 hours options ( if 48 hours that much ! )
Colonel Prince_Tottenham

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby zimmah on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:32 am

jefjef wrote:There is a site that I know of. Can't remember my username. Ooh. Maybe I do. I don't know. I'll have to go see. lol.

choice is usually good, too much choice is not good tho.

especially because it will just divide the userbase into more separate groups, and it will be harder to find players for the less popular game settings. also, this site allready has a lack of usefull updates, so i'd rather see them spend time on someting that ACTUALLY improves the site, then on some gimmick.

might as well suggest the option to have the choice to use green, red, blue, pink, grey, etc. colored dice instead of the normal ones. because hey, let's face it, choice is always good, right? :roll:
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Postby Dibbun on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:56 am

zimmah wrote:
jefjef wrote:There is a site that I know of. Can't remember my username. Ooh. Maybe I do. I don't know. I'll have to go see. lol.

choice is usually good, too much choice is not good tho.

especially because it will just divide the userbase into more separate groups, and it will be harder to find players for the less popular game settings.

Wouldn't want people to not join game setting they don't like. :roll:
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby chapcrap on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Dibbun wrote:Prior to doing this we need a 2-minute speed turn option.

Agreed. I don't have a problem with longer turns or other speed options, but I think the most glaring option is a 2 or 3 min speed game. I see no reason for a 10 or 15 minute speed game. 5 minutes is plently of time.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Speed Games

Postby trevorconway on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:09 am

Is there any way of amending speed games...people seem to take forever and it's not what I would call SPEED when you play a game with several people and 3 or 4 people miss their goes on a regular basis. I think in a speed game if you have not started your go within 1 minute you should miss your go...you still have 5 minutes play-time as long as you have started within a minute?
Sergeant 1st Class trevorconway

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)

Re: Speed Games

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:11 am

trevorconway wrote:Is there any way of amending speed games...people seem to take forever and it's not what I would call SPEED when you play a game with several people and 3 or 4 people miss their goes on a regular basis. I think in a speed game if you have not started your go within 1 minute you should miss your go...you still have 5 minutes play-time as long as you have started within a minute?

Doubtful. Many players play in more than 1 speed game. This would hinder them a lot.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby trevorconway on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am

I also play in more than 1 speed game at a time, I still manage to play speed game goes quickly. If I get to a point where I can't do so and I am holding games up then I know I am playing in too many speed games at any 1 time.

Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:11 pm

trevorconway wrote:I also play in more than 1 speed game at a time, I still manage to play speed game goes quickly. If I get to a point where I can't do so and I am holding games up then I know I am playing in too many speed games at any 1 time.

Yes, but are you in Freestyle or Sequential? A freestyle game can bring your turn up in a heartbeat, and if you are sweeping a map in another game, to come back to another one, where a minute and 15 second has passed, which has forced you to miss your turn, it could basically make you lose the game. In my opinion, 2 games isn't too many at one time.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:12 pm

There is a movement to create more speed game options, like a 2 minute turn or a 3 minute turn. I think that would be a more feasible option than this idea.
Captain chapcrap

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby trevorconway on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:39 am

yep different options would work too

30 second turns

Postby jakewesthoff on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:58 pm

a ton of people will play more speed games if there was a 30 second turn...meaning you have 30 second to do something befoer u time out....if you continue playing you could have more then 30 seconds of time to play
Major jakewesthoff

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: 30 second turns

Postby Pirlo on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:12 pm

we already suggested 2 minutes turns ages ago.
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: 30 second turns

Postby chapcrap on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 am

Pirlo wrote:we already suggested 2 minutes turns ages ago.

Yes, it's already been submitted. 30 seconds is a little too fast I think.
Captain chapcrap

Re: 1 minute, 2 1/2 minute, and 5 minute speed games

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Merging posts into this handy topic...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:56 pm

vvslaura wrote:I like to play speed games whenever free from work. It is a fast entertaining card game to play very well. In this games your speed will determine the winner.

The absurdity of this remark is unparalleled.
show
Lieutenant DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:49 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
vvslaura wrote:I like to play speed games whenever free from work. It is a fast entertaining card game to play very well. In this games your speed will determine the winner.

:lol:

I'm sure it's an ad-bot. Maybe the C&A Team will see it without me posting a report.
Captain chapcrap

Postby blakebowling on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:26 pm

chapcrap wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

:lol:

I'm sure it's an ad-bot. Maybe the C&A Team will see it without me posting a report.

Don't be so quick to discount us. ;)
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Add more Time Options for Speed Games

Postby lackattack on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm currently working on this :-)

I'm leaning towards enabling all options:
  • 5 minutes
  • 4 minutes
  • 3 minutes
  • 2 minutes
  • 1 minute
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:06 pm

lackattack wrote:I'm currently working on this :-)

I'm leaning towards enabling all options:
  • 5 minutes
  • 4 minutes
  • 3 minutes
  • 2 minutes
  • 1 minute

YES!!!!!!!
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
Lieutenant MoB Deadly

Medals: 143
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:19 pm

HELL YES!
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Postby Herbas on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:25 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Captain Herbas

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (6)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions