Clickable Maps *Pending*

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Postby lackattack on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:22 am

I wouldn't want to change the xml. You would have to click within a radius of the central coordinate, according to my plan.
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Clickable Maps?

Postby Great Pretender on Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:41 pm

I thought it would be better that if instead of scrolling through the text of the countries you just click on the ones you want to attack/fortify from or to. I think this would make it much easier for people who don't know how to play the game and it would also help all the silly mistakes you make.
Sergeant 1st Class Great Pretender

Postby Bad Speler on Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:48 pm

lackattack wrote:Clickable maps are coming sometime this year.

from this topic:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12160
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (4)
Map Contribution (2)

Postby firth4eva on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:32 am

i dont make mistakes
Major firth4eva

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby KingofRugby on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:39 am

me too =D
To my enemies, beware, be warned and be preapred... I have great powers, powers that even the deadest eye can't see... wAtCh and oBsErVe...
Lieutenant KingofRugby

Postby Stoney229 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 pm

Will lack not be implementing this, then... since there is now a plugin for it?
Score: 1739
Games: 88 Completed, 52 (59%) Won
#1302/21963
Lieutenant Stoney229

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:23 pm

Stoney229 wrote:

This thread is more than a year old....
I doubt this will ever be added to CC, cause of the plugin.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Clickable Maps *Pending*

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 07, 2008 9:39 am

I have been thinking about this improvement ever since my first game here. I had assumed that the maps would be clickable. Why not? This is 2008!

Instead of programming some region or dot in each territory, wouldn't it be easier just to convert the digit or digits representing the number of armies in each region to a link? The clickable area would be the number only, which would not involve cartography at all, neither future nor retroactive, since (I think) all attackable regions necessarily have army numbers in them anyway.

I'm not a programmer, but I would be willing to bet that converting the numbers to links would be a VERY simple solution to this quandary, and the time and energy saved to everyone on the site by having clickable gameplay would be a VAST improvement to the site overall.
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
Private 1st Class KLOBBER

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 07, 2008 9:58 am

KLOBBER wrote:I have been thinking about this improvement ever since my first game here. I had assumed that the maps would be clickable. Why not? This is 2008!

Instead of programming some region or dot in each territory, wouldn't it be easier just to convert the digit or digits representing the number of armies in each region to a link? The clickable area would be the number only, which would not involve cartography at all, neither future nor retroactive, since (I think) all attackable regions necessarily have army numbers in them anyway.

I'm not a programmer, but I would be willing to bet that converting the numbers to links would be a VERY simple solution to this quandary, and the time and energy saved to everyone on the site by having clickable gameplay would be a VAST improvement to the site overall.

Wow - an intelligent post...

At the moment the numbers are generated into a PNG file by the server which is really quick...

I talked to Lack about creating a load of Divs at the set co-ordinates (as BOB does for it's hovers) instead of using the image...

He liked the idea in principal - however we were unsure as to whether or not this would put excessive load on the server creating all the Div's etc.

If Lack were to change to this method - then clickable maps as part of "vanilla" CC would be easily possible.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 07, 2008 10:29 am

I find compliments more meaningful when they come from people who are not computer geeks.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 07, 2008 10:46 am

KLOBBER wrote:I find compliments more meaningful when they come from people who are not computer geeks.

Then you should be complimented - as if you knew me - you would know that I am not a geek.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 am

You sure talk like one, Sparky!
Last edited by KLOBBER on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General Contribution (1)

Re:

Postby jetpac on Wed May 07, 2008 4:43 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:
Stoney229 wrote:

That's a shame, since the plugin is a greasemonkey script, and not everyone uses Firefox.
Cook jetpac

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Re:

Postby Herakilla on Wed May 07, 2008 4:49 pm

jetpac wrote:
wcaclimbing wrote:
Stoney229 wrote:Will lack not be implementing this, then... since there is now a plugin for it?

That's a shame, since the plugin is a greasemonkey script, and not everyone uses Firefox.

its a shame that everything you need is free as well. also is another shame that the CC homepage says
This website will not work on some outdated web browsers. For best results use Firefox.
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Re:

Postby multiplayertim on Wed May 07, 2008 4:50 pm

jetpac wrote:
wcaclimbing wrote:
Stoney229 wrote:

just use it for conquerlcub
Winner: Tournament of the Minds
Private 1st Class multiplayertim

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions