Clickable Maps *Pending*

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby alex951 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:
alex951 wrote:so is lack going to answer? or is he going to ignore it? stay tune and find out!

why should he answer? This guy already said he isn't coming back.


ok but what about everyone else that isnt using firefox. if a premium pays 25 he should not have to go out of his way to download firefox, find the add-ons and install them. the premium should come with it all. hell it should just be a part of the site. but i'm not complaining i have clickies. :D
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class alex951
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 pm

alex951 wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:
alex951 wrote:so is lack going to answer? or is he going to ignore it? stay tune and find out!

why should he answer? This guy already said he isn't coming back.


ok but what about everyone else that isnt using firefox. if a premium pays 25 he should not have to go out of his way to download firefox, find the add-ons and install them. the premium should come with it all. hell it should just be a part of the site. but i'm not complaining i have clickies. :D

Yep, this is a do-it-yourself site, which is why the fee is so low. Tough grits to you without firefox or without a system that will support the scripts.
User avatar
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Right Here. Look into my eyes.
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby ronc8649 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:25 pm

lux deluxe sucks........

go back there if you like it.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ronc8649
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: by the trout pond
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby Surrender Monkey on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:why should he answer? This guy already said he isn't coming back.

If LackAttack spends the money to bring Clickable maps to CC, you can hold me to the promise that I will become a paying member.
I will also bring over my girlfriend as a paying member and try to talk a few of my friends into jumping ship as well.

I like a lot of the things Brian/LackAttack has done over here at CC, including the clans, the nice site design, the more active forum communtiy. With clickalbe maps, CC will be the total package. I just hope Brian believes that enough to spend the money to finally get it done.

ronc8649 wrote:lux deluxe sucks........go back there if you like it.

I'm not at Lux Deluxe, I'm at LandGrab, which was doing ok until we started having all of these outages and missing games and...... let's just say that if Brian implemented clickable maps now, it would be perfect timing to grab a whole bunch of dissatisfied LGers.
Last edited by Surrender Monkey on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private Surrender Monkey
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby neanderpaul14 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:49 pm

Surrender Monkey wrote:I like a lot of the things Brian has done over here, including the clans, the nice site design, the more active forum communtiy.
.

Does it have Flame Wars??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Image

High score: 2724/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Sergeant 1st Class neanderpaul14
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (13)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby ronc8649 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 pm

neanderpaul14 wrote:
Surrender Monkey wrote:I like a lot of the things Brian has done over here, including the clans, the nice site design, the more active forum communtiy.
.

Does it have Flame Wars??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:



i will go there and buy premium if it does.

land grab sucks too. i just looked over the site! it is awful! SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE!
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ronc8649
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: by the trout pond
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 am

ronc8649 wrote:
neanderpaul14 wrote:
Surrender Monkey wrote:I like a lot of the things Brian has done over here, including the clans, the nice site design, the more active forum communtiy.
.

Does it have Flame Wars??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:



i will go there and buy premium if it does.

land grab sucks too. i just looked over the site! it is awful! SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE!


I hear they have coffee and donuts.
User avatar
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Right Here. Look into my eyes.
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby laddida on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:53 am

theres quit a few people that still dont like clickable maps if it were implemented at least make it an option so it makes both parties happy. Clickable maps is not the easiest thing to learn in the world for new players may drive some new players away as well. I never really liked click maps myself either and ive tried to made mistakes too often with it.
Image
User avatar
General laddida
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:25 am
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby Surrender Monkey on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:28 am

laddida wrote:Clickable maps is not the easiest thing to learn in the world for new players may drive some new players away as well.

My friend, u live under a rock. Almost any major software program sold commercially since Windows 3.0 came out in 1990 uses a clickable interface. Not easy to learn? It is the most intuitive type of game interface there is, and I doubt there is any computer literate person that is not familiar with it. A clickable interface is the closest thing you can get to playing risk without a real board.
Private Surrender Monkey
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:49 am

Surrender Monkey wrote:
laddida wrote:Clickable maps is not the easiest thing to learn in the world for new players may drive some new players away as well.

My friend, u live under a rock. Almost any major software program sold commercially since Windows 3.0 came out in 1990 uses a clickable interface. Not easy to learn? It is the most intuitive type of game interface there is, and I doubt there is any computer literate person that is not familiar with it. A clickable interface is the closest thing you can get to playing risk without a real board.


You fell for laddidas BS? Your reply is right on, Surrender Monkey, but laddida was hoping to keep clickable maps off the site.
O:)
User avatar
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Right Here. Look into my eyes.
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby laddida on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:
Surrender Monkey wrote:
laddida wrote:Clickable maps is not the easiest thing to learn in the world for new players may drive some new players away as well.

My friend, u live under a rock. Almost any major software program sold commercially since Windows 3.0 came out in 1990 uses a clickable interface. Not easy to learn? It is the most intuitive type of game interface there is, and I doubt there is any computer literate person that is not familiar with it. A clickable interface is the closest thing you can get to playing risk without a real board.


You fell for laddidas BS? Your reply is right on, Surrender Monkey, but laddida was hoping to keep clickable maps off the site.
O:)



no not saying keep it off the site at all. Just saying have it an option and no clickable maps the version at least we have on here is not the easiest thing to learn it takes getting used to. Something im not willing to lose points either to get used to at least not yet. I tried it and either always attacked too much or ended attacks too soon or forted wrong or didnt fort the number i wanted to fort. It was ok for unlimited forts for when i made this mistake often but not in a chained fort scenario.
Image
User avatar
General laddida
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:25 am
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Ahoy ahoy!

Right now, Lack is working on an update that will help into the eventual integration of Clickable Maps into Conquer Club's options. More of this update should come out soon.

I'd also like to point out that when given the option, those that visited Lackattack's voting topic about the next wanted update---the Freestyle Fix won out over Clickable Maps. I think Manual deployment was also pretty high up, so that is one reason why both of those updates occurred. ;)

But expect more about Lack's update to help make Clickable Maps possible with Conquer Club behind the scenes.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25042
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby laddida on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:52 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Ahoy ahoy!

Right now, Lack is working on an update that will help into the eventual integration of Clickable Maps into Conquer Club's options. More of this update should come out soon.

I'd also like to point out that when given the option, those that visited Lackattack's voting topic about the next wanted update---the Freestyle Fix won out over Clickable Maps. I think Manual deployment was also pretty high up, so that is one reason why both of those updates occurred. ;)

But expect more about Lack's update to help make Clickable Maps possible with Conquer Club behind the scenes.


--Andy


i hope when this clickable maps is updated that ill still be able to play from work too any downloads or certain scripts maybe blocked from here at work and this is where i play 90% of my turns. So not sure how its done i just hope it doesnt knock me off the site completly. Another reason why i dont use the current click maps cause i just cant download anything at work not even the smallest of files.
Image
User avatar
General laddida
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:25 am
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 pm

When Clickable Maps gets integrated---you won't need to download anything like a script to run it. It will be a part of the interface, probably an option via the Game Settings (though I am speculating here, not sure how Lack will specifically coded it)


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25042
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Please Explain Why Clickable Maps Not Implemented Yet?

Postby jammyjames on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Surrender Monkey wrote:
laddida wrote:Clickable maps is not the easiest thing to learn in the world for new players may drive some new players away as well.

My friend, u live under a rock. Almost any major software program sold commercially since Windows 3.0 came out in 1990 uses a clickable interface. Not easy to learn? It is the most intuitive type of game interface there is, and I doubt there is any computer literate person that is not familiar with it. A clickable interface is the closest thing you can get to playing risk without a real board.


your an idiot... check the pugins and addons section in GD... clickable maps has bee naround ages, these kind people were just having some fun with you... you silly little man you :lol:
Image
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:17 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login