Conquer Club

3-Fold Random Suggestion [Implemented]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: 3-Fold Random Suggestion [Last Call ~ TFO]

Postby MichelSableheart on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Submitted suggestions are effectively a shortlist for things that lack may want to look at. Whether and when they get implemented is completely up to lack. (At least, that's how I've understood the proces)
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Re: 3-Fold Random Suggestion

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:12 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I see no downside, it would definitely give players an incentive to play a random game, thus making people more likely to be more well-rounded on unfamiliar maps.
However, I have a question- for the crossmaps medal, would each unique defeat count both towards the random map and the map that came up from the random setting, or just the random setting? (Assuming the random medal would be based off of unique defeats, that is.)

It shouldn't count towards both 'random' and the map that came up for any medals, but it probably would unless lack made some serious changes.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: 3-Fold Random Suggestion

Postby Woodruff on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:I see no downside, it would definitely give players an incentive to play a random game, thus making people more likely to be more well-rounded on unfamiliar maps.
However, I have a question- for the crossmaps medal, would each unique defeat count both towards the random map and the map that came up from the random setting, or just the random setting? (Assuming the random medal would be based off of unique defeats, that is.)

It shouldn't count towards both 'random' and the map that came up for any medals, but it probably would unless lack made some serious changes.

I agree with you that it shouldn't, but I don't believe it would require serious changes. It should be as simple as having a "marker" denoting it as "random" which would make it NOT "Classic" or "Feudal" or whatever.

Oh, and thanks for the explanation, Michel.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: 3-Fold Random Suggestion [Last Call ~ TFO]

Postby Woodruff on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:52 am

MichelSableheart wrote:Submitted suggestions are effectively a shortlist for things that lack may want to look at. Whether and when they get implemented is completely up to lack. (At least, that's how I've understood the proces)

Lack hasn't implemented this yet because he fears how dominant I would appear in comparison to those lowly Brigadiers and Conquerors. It would be so humiliating for them, and he has to look out for that. I'm sure that's it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Re: Medals

Postby jigger1986 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:38 am

I think Ive seen a suggestion similar to this before. I am however, 100% for this idea.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Re: Medal Suggestion List [Submitted - Darwins_Bane]

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:09 pm

MichelSableheart wrote:The problem with that suggestion, Catarah, is that there is no way at this point in time to track which games were created using the random map function and which were created on a particular map.

True, which is why THAT suggestion needs to be implemented ASAP, so that THIS medal can be awarded. <evil grin>

Re: 3-Fold Random Suggestion [Implemented]

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Implemented

Forgot to move this :oops:
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Random Map Indication

Postby lackattack on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:50 pm

This is pretty much Done!
Sergeant lackattack

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions