Conquer Club

[Invites] Accept Multiple Invitations Option

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Accept All

Postby blakebowling on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:03 am

Extra parameters would need to be added. Something that tells which page you came from. Either that or the operation would need to be modified to be distinct for the invites page.
Private blakebowling

Re: IMPROVE INVITE SYSTEM

Postby TheMissionary on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:40 pm

I sure hope so. I'm running a very large tournament and it's a pain in my butt. :lol:
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:19 pm

This probably shouldn't be in rejected.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jgordon1111 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm

First time I have seen this and it looks like it has been around for a while.

Thanks for bringing back into the light chap, I agree with this idea would make starting regular,clan and tournament games a whole lot faster and easier.

going to advise my minister of war to look at this and get more support rolling if needed.
Private jgordon1111

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:32 pm

If something sits in the main area of Suggestions for so long without any further discussion, it will be archived. We're not going to let the main area turn into 110 pages of suggestions again.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:37 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:If something sits in the main area of Suggestions for so long without any further discussion, it will be archived. We're not going to let the main area turn into 110 pages of suggestions again.

Hush it baldy!! ;)

Here's the thing though. Just because it sits there without discussion, doesn't mean it should go to rejected. Maybe it should be in accepted... Or maybe the public should be made aware that it is being moved in case they might want to discuss it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby drunkmonkey on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 pm

What more discussion do you want? Look at the support from the major tourney organizers in this thread. Do we need 10 pages of people arguing on how it should be implemented before it's accepted?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby nietzsche on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:34 pm

The search player option sucks as well, I guess it should go in a different suggestion but one should be able to search for a player more easily.

For those of us for whom english is a second language, sometimes it's difficult to remember the exact spelling of some names, and with all the commas and all that shit. I recently invited a freemium who only player 3 games Camel Toe instead of inviting the infamous CamelToe.

I remember there's a sql operator for searches within strings that effortless for the programmer returns anything similar to the string you ask for: 'like'. Everyfuckingwhere in the web there are great searching tools, I wouldn't believe the code isn't available for free.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Join all waiting games

Postby sundance123 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:00 am

There should be a button to click to join all waiting games that you have been invited too.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
I just joined 15 games - tedious.
This would make joining games instantaneous and fun.
Captain sundance123

Re: Join all waiting games

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:05 am

I support it.

Here is the topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=157875
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby zimmah on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:13 am

oh, for a moment i though you ment like ALL games. good luck with that lol.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:54 am

zimmah wrote:oh, for a moment i though you ment like ALL games. good luck with that lol.

Click image to enlarge.

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:06 pm

sundance123 wrote:There should be a button to click to join all waiting games that you have been invited too.

Just right click on each and say open in new tab, then right click on a tab and say close all other tabs, can have a pile of invites accepted in no time.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby agentcom on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
sundance123 wrote:There should be a button to click to join all waiting games that you have been invited too.

Just right click on each and say open in new tab, then right click on a tab and say close all other tabs, can have a pile of invites accepted in no time.

This is a lot more trouble than just having a checkbox by each game under a header of "Join Game" and a little button at the bottom that says "Join selected games." Or if you want to keep with the horrible interface of the PM system you could have a checkbox under a heading of "Mark" and a dropdown menu at the very bottom of the page that says "Join selected games" and "Reject selected games"
Colonel agentcom

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:39 am

agentcom wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

This is a lot more trouble than just having a checkbox by each game under a header of "Join Game" and a little button at the bottom that says "Join selected games." Or if you want to keep with the horrible interface of the PM system you could have a checkbox under a heading of "Mark" and a dropdown menu at the very bottom of the page that says "Join selected games" and "Reject selected games"

I would agree that would be a little easier but I don't see it being a giant pain to join 10 games with 20 mouse clicks either.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby agentcom on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:01 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
agentcom wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

I would agree that would be a little easier but I don't see it being a giant pain to join 10 games with 20 mouse clicks either.

Giant pain? No

Harder than it has to be? Yes

Easy fix? Seems like it would be (caveat: not a programmer)
Colonel agentcom

Invitations

Postby Gabriel13 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 am

I think we need an "Accept all invitations" button, so that when we get a mass amount on invites, we can just click it. Like today, I got about 20 invites all for one tourney, and I had to go through and accept every single one.
Cook Gabriel13

Re: Invitations

Postby happy2seeyou on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:49 am

Post it in the Suggestions Forum...
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Actually, just look up the suggestion that is already there and post in that thread.

Move and merge.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby eddie2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:24 pm

i think it needs to be more of a option to accept all invites from friends.. this will save a lot of hassle just now if this would be brought out there would be people abusing it. or even if you have a load of invites from a player when accepting 1 it asks if you want to accept all from that player. I do not know if it can be coded but i do feel it is the only way it can be done.
Captain eddie2

Postby Serbia on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:33 pm

eddie2 wrote:i think it needs to be more of a option to accept all invites from friends.. this will save a lot of hassle just now if this would be brought out there would be people abusing it. or even if you have a load of invites from a player when accepting 1 it asks if you want to accept all from that player. I do not know if it can be coded but i do feel it is the only way it can be done.

If you have 20 invites, and you see one you don't want to join, then decline that one, and click the proposed "accept all invites" button. Better than only accepting from friends. If most users are anything like me, I only have two people in my friend's list, so your button would do me absolutely no good.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby HighlanderAttack on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:01 pm

I had over 50 one day

I think it would great to get zero starts out of 50 games with one click--that would be something random for sure.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby owenshooter on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Gabriel13 wrote:I think we need an "Accept all invitations" button, so that when we get a mass amount on invites, we can just click it. Like today, I got about 20 invites all for one tourney, and I had to go through and accept every single one.

this is a GREAT idea... that way some of the current farmers skirting the rules could send out 100's of invites to people of low rank and new members to the site and just have the games auto accepted... GREAT and WONDERFUL IDEA!!!-el Jesus negro

p.s.-being able to accept all invites in your invites would be cool...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Aye, Gabriel -- tis Suggested :)

Lobbing over to Suggs now to be merged with the appropriate suggestion.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby eddie2 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Serbia wrote:
eddie2 wrote:i think it needs to be more of a option to accept all invites from friends.. this will save a lot of hassle just now if this would be brought out there would be people abusing it. or even if you have a load of invites from a player when accepting 1 it asks if you want to accept all from that player. I do not know if it can be coded but i do feel it is the only way it can be done.

If you have 20 invites, and you see one you don't want to join, then decline that one, and click the proposed "accept all invites" button. Better than only accepting from friends. If most users are anything like me, I only have two people in my friend's list, so your button would do me absolutely no good.

serbia i am not on about having a button i am on about a auto join thing... if you get the invite it auto joins you.
Captain eddie2

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions