Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Should Tournament dropdown default show only active Tournaments with an option to show all Tourny ?

Yes
47
89%
No
6
11%
 
Total votes : 53

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby Sniper08 on Mon May 16, 2011 8:13 am

any word on this ,dako put up a poll in GD similar to this suggestion but we havent heard anything since.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (14)
Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby Qwert on Mon May 16, 2011 8:26 am

what words? do you realised that any sugestion need to sit here in sugestion forum for 3 years,before implementation? These is facts, actualy he can sit here for 3 years and then lack can say " i dont want to implement". And these is something what become annoing.
And after 3 years you will have list like 10000 finished and active tournament in game finder.

551 actve
3835 finished

note"now i find that in game finder tournamnet list you also have an abandoned tournament :shock:
These become quite serius problem.
Last edited by Qwert on Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9175
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby Sniper08 on Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 am

yea i know how long it takes but i thought since a poll was put up in GD that this one might be different and get implemented within a few months instead of years
Image
User avatar
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (14)
Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby greenoaks on Mon May 16, 2011 10:40 am

who are the 3 people to vote No ?

what are your reasons ?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby Qwert on Wed May 25, 2011 2:23 pm

ok,guys these is not funny, why the hell not create something simple,like i suggest, and create something who its even more complicated??? Who create these mess now in Game finder??
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9175
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby PepeAtila on Wed May 25, 2011 3:22 pm

qwert wrote:ok,guys these is not funny, why the hell not create something simple,like i suggest, and create something who its even more complicated??? Who create these mess now in Game finder??

In my opinion it was working fine ... This your proposal would improve it.
Adding something similar to "Game Status" I mean "Tournament status" ... "Active" or "Finished".

However for organizers it will be useful also another check "My active tournament games" ... I can find exactly the dropdown I mean in "Start A Game" ... "Tournament".

Perhaps is not too difficult allow this dropdown for "Game Finder"???

About the question I didn't answer because now it is not able ANY dropdown, but I think it is "necesary".
User avatar
Captain PepeAtila
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:11 am
Medals: 93
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (30)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby lackattack on Wed May 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.
User avatar
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 6235
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Montreal, QC
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 25, 2011 4:57 pm

the new feature is worse than the old one,this suggestion is well better than the one that got implemented

lackattack wrote:Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.


simple isnt better in this case ,the tournaments tab doesnt give you game numbers and now the drop box is gone which makes you type in the tournament name in order to get the game numbers.i know your probably gonna say its only a partial match needed but if all your tournaments start with the same type of name e.g.Sniper's 1v1 ... just typing sniper isnt enough cause i get a lot of game numbers.the old system is better than this one and this suggestion is better than both
Image
User avatar
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (14)
Training Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby PepeAtila on Wed May 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Fully agree!!

Sniper08 wrote:the new feature is worse than the old one,this suggestion is well better than the one that got implemented

lackattack wrote:Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.


simple isnt better in this case ,the tournaments tab doesnt give you game numbers and now the drop box is gone which makes you type in the tournament name in order to get the game numbers.i know your probably gonna say its only a partial match needed but if all your tournaments start with the same type of name e.g.Sniper's 1v1 ... just typing sniper isnt enough cause i get a lot of game numbers.the old system is better than this one and this suggestion is better than both
User avatar
Captain PepeAtila
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:11 am
Medals: 93
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (30)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby greenoaks on Wed May 25, 2011 5:54 pm

TO's had discussed at length what would improve the Game Finder

timmy's suggestion didn't come close to being what we wanted
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby Qwert on Thu May 26, 2011 8:34 am

well,its look that game finder are completely ruined, and make imposibile to operated, what to say, its look that mine sugestion, now become even more better option then what whas implemented , and lack belive that its now "simple and better". Its look that lack dont use game finder for tournament.

""by lackattack on Wed May 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.""
Well,i only can say that you are wrong, and what you implemented, not good, like people say,old version,whas much better then these iplementation. Now people need to know exactly name of tournament,othervise if they know only partial name, then can get thousand and thousand games.
These sugestion are still active, i hope that one smart mod will try to understand,mine much simple and easy aproach, where every player can arange what want to see in game finder, related on touranment drop down.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9175
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby blakebowling on Fri May 27, 2011 6:51 pm

qwert wrote:well,its look that game finder are completely ruined, and make imposibile to operated, what to say, its look that mine sugestion, now become even more better option then what whas implemented , and lack belive that its now "simple and better". Its look that lack dont use game finder for tournament.

""by lackattack on Wed May 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks for proposing this solution qwert! Finally, we went with timmytuttut88's approach instead because that one was very simple.""
Well,i only can say that you are wrong, and what you implemented, not good, like people say,old version,whas much better then these iplementation. Now people need to know exactly name of tournament,othervise if they know only partial name, then can get thousand and thousand games.
These sugestion are still active, i hope that one smart mod will try to understand,mine much simple and easy aproach, where every player can arange what want to see in game finder, related on touranment drop down.

You don't seem to understand; Once a suggestion makes it to Submitted, it is COMPLETELY lack's decision on what gets implemented and what doesn't.
Our job is to ensure that suggestions have enough information, enough support, and are legitimate enough to be implemented.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby Qwert on Sat May 28, 2011 8:24 am

Yes,i understand, and i must say,that these sugestion its still active, because i belive that these is best and easy and simple,then what they implemented.
Now i see that lack plan,its in force to hold these implementation,even when me, and its look community dont like these.
Now i only need to find timmytuttut88's sugestion topic,to see ,or to understand why hes sugestion are easy,and simple for use.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9175
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby blakebowling on Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 am

qwert wrote:Yes,i understand, and i must say,that these sugestion its still active, because i belive that these is best and easy and simple,then what they implemented.
Now i see that lack plan,its in force to hold these implementation,even when me, and its look community dont like these.
Now i only need to find timmytuttut88's sugestion topic,to see ,or to understand why hes sugestion are easy,and simple for use.

lack is not saying that either suggestion is better or worse. He is saying that the one that was implemented was more simple to code. Yours would take more time to implement.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Cadet blakebowling
Operations Manager
Operations Manager
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Show only active tournaments in Game Finder

Postby greenoaks on Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 pm

blakebowling wrote:
qwert wrote:Yes,i understand, and i must say,that these sugestion its still active, because i belive that these is best and easy and simple,then what they implemented.
Now i see that lack plan,its in force to hold these implementation,even when me, and its look community dont like these.
Now i only need to find timmytuttut88's sugestion topic,to see ,or to understand why hes sugestion are easy,and simple for use.

lack is not saying that either suggestion is better or worse. He is saying that the one that was implemented was more simple to code. Yours would take more time to implement.

i understood that timmy's suggestion was easier to implement. lack admited to taking the easier to code route.

i am not sure lack understood timmy's suggestion was something that would be more difficult for tournament volunteers so i assume the reason the one by qwert was rejected was because it was more difficult to code :) not because he hates TO's :shock:
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login