Do you like this idea?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes : 142

Re: New Team Medal

Postby greenoaks on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:47 am

Sniper08 wrote:yea i agree 400 for dubs will be very difficult to get.1 new medal is more than enough :)

it is no more difficult than trying to get your speed if you don't play speed

or your freestyle if you don't play freestyle

too many people set up 50 games on obscure maps with the same partners farming the clueless (or the friendless)

if they want to get it in Dubs, Trips & Quads they are going to have to step outside of their little clique
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:01 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:yea i agree 400 for dubs will be very difficult to get.1 new medal is more than enough :)

it is no more difficult than trying to get your speed if you don't play speed

or your freestyle if you don't play freestyle

too many people set up 50 games on obscure maps with the same partners farming the clueless (or the friendless)

if they want to get it in Dubs, Trips & Quads they are going to have to step outside of their little clique

They will have to step out of their clique even if they had to get 400 overall partners.. their clique is at most composed of 20-30 members.. 400 is a lot!
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:09 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I find it pointless. Not because I don't like it, but because there are thousands of other medal ideas and none ever get implemented.
In fact, this entire forum is pointless. Nothing EVER gets implemented!

Not so. Once upon a time, there was not a "nuclear" medal, nor was there a "manual" medal. I remember the threads that requested them. Initially, the idea was downed, but eventually CC admin saw the wisdom voila` - now there are medals for these gamestyles.

CC does have some faults. Just please, aog, be honest about them.

Meanwhile, the idea of a medal for winning teams based on unique players on the team would encourage mix-n-match. Problem is, how to do it?

A separate dubs/trips/quads or one medal that requires a certain number of EACH of the unique-team styles? What would that be? 30 dubs, 30 trips, 30 quads, each with totally different partners? Or could you use each of your dubs mates with an "unique" third for trips? Could the "unique third" for trips also be one of your dubs mates?
Or, in this scenario, would you have to play all 90 games never repeating any partner?

Work out the logistics of the suggestion and you just might see them agree to it.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby sdh on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:32 am

Don't let this suggestion die! :cry:
Colonel sdh

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:45 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I find it pointless. Not because I don't like it, but because there are thousands of other medal ideas and none ever get implemented.
In fact, this entire forum is pointless. Nothing EVER gets implemented!

Not so. Once upon a time, there was not a "nuclear" medal, nor was there a "manual" medal. I remember the threads that requested them. Initially, the idea was downed, but eventually CC admin saw the wisdom voila` - now there are medals for these gamestyles.

CC does have some faults. Just please, aog, be honest about them.

Meanwhile, the idea of a medal for winning teams based on unique players on the team would encourage mix-n-match. Problem is, how to do it?

A separate dubs/trips/quads or one medal that requires a certain number of EACH of the unique-team styles? What would that be? 30 dubs, 30 trips, 30 quads, each with totally different partners? Or could you use each of your dubs mates with an "unique" third for trips? Could the "unique third" for trips also be one of your dubs mates?
Or, in this scenario, would you have to play all 90 games never repeating any partner?

Work out the logistics of the suggestion and you just might see them agree to it.

I am not entirely sure what your asking.. But here is my idea

The medal would require 400 uniques for a gold. That means if you played on my team as a doubles partner, and won, and then you also played on my team as a trips and quads partner, and won, I would still only have you counted as one unique. Does that answer?

sdh wrote:Don't let this suggestion die! :cry:

I agree :(

Postby Master Fenrir on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 pm

I think this is a great suggestion. It'll have the exact opposite effect of the public invite system, which I thought and still think sucks for this very reason.
General Master Fenrir

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:I think this is a great suggestion. It'll have the exact opposite effect of the public invite system, which I thought and still think sucks for this very reason.

Can you please expand? (I think I know what you mean.. but I want to make sure I am not mistaken)

Postby jrh_cardinal on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:31 pm

lol, "He's the only player you'll refer to as "MF" with affection." love it =D>

greenoaks wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:great idea =D>

I was originally thinking it should be 3 separate medals, but after reading the thread I agree 1 is probably better (400 dubs partners is a lot)

but once people have the gold for that they will start requesting more medals and splitting it in 3 will be an obvious demand

so why not just implement the 3 upfront + having 3 will encourage more diversity of teams than what only 1 will

even though i am saying it should be 3, not 1 i am not the 'no' vote. having this for all teams is better than not at all

no, it will be no harder than coding for 3 new medals normally is. Just get rid of any and all coding relating to the 1 medal, and replace it with everything you need for the 3 new medals, pretty simple actually.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby Master Fenrir on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:48 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
Master Fenrir wrote:I think this is a great suggestion. It'll have the exact opposite effect of the public invite system, which I thought and still think sucks for this very reason.

Can you please expand? (I think I know what you mean.. but I want to make sure I am not mistaken)

I didn't and don't like the public invite system because it limits the general desire to play with new people. Most people will stick with inviting the same 10 teammates to every one of their games. Also, I personally get annoyed when the same trips or quads team Team 2s me over and over. After a while, you know exactly how a team will play, so the strategy aspect becomes dull, and the game is really just a dice war while you try to pre-emptively strike them or counter their predictable moves.

Three of my favorite teammates were found when I first started, just joining random team games. I think the institution of this suggestion would encourage more diverse teams, and would fix all the problems I have with the public invites. I don't want to derail this thread into a discussion on the invite system, just saying that it's the reason why I really like the idea of this medal. It'll probably only be a temporary solution until the usual suspects would get this gold medal, but I'll take it.
General Master Fenrir

Postby danryan on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:35 pm

I love this idea, it will get a lot of new teams playing together. Plus it gives medal whores something new to chase. :oops:
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:

I didn't and don't like the public invite system because it limits the general desire to play with new people. Most people will stick with inviting the same 10 teammates to every one of their games. Also, I personally get annoyed when the same trips or quads team Team 2s me over and over. After a while, you know exactly how a team will play, so the strategy aspect becomes dull, and the game is really just a dice war while you try to pre-emptively strike them or counter their predictable moves.

Three of my favorite teammates were found when I first started, just joining random team games. I think the institution of this suggestion would encourage more diverse teams, and would fix all the problems I have with the public invites. I don't want to derail this thread into a discussion on the invite system, just saying that it's the reason why I really like the idea of this medal. It'll probably only be a temporary solution until the usual suspects would get this gold medal, but I'll take it.

Very well worded :)

danryan wrote:I love this idea, it will get a lot of new teams playing together. Plus it gives medal whores something new to chase. :oops:

:lol:

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 am

danryan wrote:I love this idea, it will get a lot of new teams playing together. Plus it gives medal whores something new to chase. :oops:

Tell them to get off the easy tournament medals and start making maps ;)

Or better yet, strategy guides, or do you want those for yourself danryan? :D
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Hm, I don't play a lot of Team Games, but I like the merits of this Medal...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:04 am

AndyDufresne wrote:...I like the merits of this Medal...

--Andy

I like the sound of that :)

Postby Sniper08 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:02 am

if this medal idea is gonna get fast tracked (implemeneted before 2012) a design for the medal would be needed , so do you have any thoughts on what it is gonna look like?
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:26 am

Sniper08 wrote:if this medal idea is gonna get fast tracked (implemeneted before 2012) a design for the medal would be needed , so do you have any thoughts on what it is gonna look like?

I don't think that has been proposed yet. If you are willing to contribute a draft I'm sure everyone would love you for it (:
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Sniper08 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 pm

im shit at graphics stuff but i brought it up cause its the next logical step to getting this implemented.qwerts clan medal idea got stickied quick because he had the visual design aswell as the specfics so i think we need the visual design for this medal to move it to the next stage.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Sniper08 wrote:im shit at graphics stuff but i brought it up cause its the next logical step to getting this implemented.qwerts clan medal idea got stickied quick because he had the visual design aswell as the specfics so i think we need the visual design for this medal to move it to the next stage.

So can anyone make a visual design for me? I suck at graphic shit as well.. so I'm gunna need some help

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:im shit at graphics stuff but i brought it up cause its the next logical step to getting this implemented.qwerts clan medal idea got stickied quick because he had the visual design aswell as the specfics so i think we need the visual design for this medal to move it to the next stage.

So can anyone make a visual design for me? I suck at graphic shit as well.. so I'm gunna need some help

My guess would to PM qwert. Maybe mibi? or fumandomuerte
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks TFO.. I walled qwert, lets see what happens! :)

Postby greenoaks on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:53 am

this is just a quick thought so feel free to shoot it down

the trophies for tournament wins have roman numerals on them to indicate how many you have

what if the medals for unique team partners had on it, maybe in the centre:
II - to indicate Doubles
III - to indicate Triples
IV - to indicate Quads

this would also allow the easy introduction of medals for 5-man ( V ) or 6-man ( VI ) teams games if this site ever increases the players per game to 12
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:43 am

greenoaks wrote:this is just a quick thought so feel free to shoot it down

the trophies for tournament wins have roman numerals on them to indicate how many you have

what if the medals for unique team partners had on it, maybe in the centre:
II - to indicate Doubles
III - to indicate Triples
IV - to indicate Quads

this would also allow the easy introduction of medals for 5-man ( V ) or 6-man ( VI ) teams games if this site ever increases the players per game to 12

Well with my idea, there is only one medal for ALL team games, not one for each type of team game.. so there would be no need for this ;)

Postby Sniper08 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:17 am

yea it was already decided that it would be 1 medal not 3 so there would be no needfor Roman Numerals.

Kooler did you get a reply from the graphics people?
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 am

Sniper08 wrote:yea it was already decided that it would be 1 medal not 3 so there would be no needfor Roman Numerals.

Kooler did you get a reply from the graphics people?

it was also pointed out it would be easy to change the coding to turn it from 1 into 3

that would not be the case with the design of the medal though soooooooo how about a design that can accomadate all 3 as that is where this will eventually go
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 pm

either way i have no response from qwert.... yet

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions