- Program in a way to "Mark all topics as read"
- Since owners of clan and social forums have no way to delete old threads, those old threads remain for years. Tons of suggestions have requested that owners be given reduced moderator privileges so that they can clean up their threads, but those have met with admin resistance.
New members to a clan or social group have pages upon pages of threads to go through. If the new user does not go through every page and every topic in a forum, then the "show red for new posts" button has absolutely no meaning whatsoever; you have to go through every damned post on every damned page to make it grey so that a relevant new post does make it go red.
So, programming in a "mark all topics as read" button would eliminate hours of nonsensical timewaste just to make the convenient "show red for new" feature work.
- global "mark all as read" that if hit, removes all the red-star indicators
- by-page "mark all on the page as read"
- "select" options... checkmarks like in the pm inbox, that would then enable someone to mark them as having been read
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- Reduce user aggravation
- Compromises; even if the forum owner can never get moderator privileges to delete obsolete threads, this "mark all topics as read" would enable any new forum member to quickly indicate those obsolete threads.