Give Medals for Mafia Games [Done]

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: give a medal to the organisers of mafia games

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 am

Army of GOD wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Expect an announcement over the next week or so about some official love coming to the Mafia and Forum Games area. ;)


--Andy

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I've been waiting sooooo long!


What they didn't tell you was that the annoucement is going to be a permaban for Sully for both of those forums.




APRIL FOOLS!!!

No, I'm serious.

:cry:




:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby blakebowling on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:36 am

I believe the medals are going to be awarded on a conditional basis, so if the mod of the game doesn't think the winner(s) deserve(s) a medal, then they won't get one.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 5047
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:42 am

Well I'm in favor of polling the actual Mafia players who've been keeping the forum active. Maybe Chu can set up another poll regarding this in the CC Mafioso.

I started playing in Sept. or Oct, and I've got over 20 games under my belt, so you can imagine I've got some interest in the issue. I spend more time in the mafia games than anywhere else on CC (or the entire internet for that matter). Now, new players are great and all, but honestly I don't know how much of a draw medals will be. If the reasoning is that medals will entice new players, I believe that these players by and large won't be what we're looking for. I would like players who come because they have an interest purely in scumhunting. I would love for an expansion, but I'm of the opinion that a steady build-up of genuinely interested players who plan to stick around would be best for long-term thinking. It's like building anything, a solid base is needed first. A sudden expansion will collapse after a month or two. I think our various ads and the Scum Insider in the Dispatch have done wonders already.

That's not to say some of the old-timers shouldn't be recognized for their contributions, and I can understand the view that we should reward members for adding to the forum. After all, an active mafia forum would probably also mean an active forum throughout, and more customers for CC.

Back up off my Kool-aid.

Just sayin'.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Hank44Soccer wrote:great idea greenoaks its just the same ppl playing mafia it just not the samewithout colton24

Yea, its greatly improved since colton left. :roll: And who are you? I've never seen you in the forum before... :?

Hank's in my game, Mr. Squirrel ;)
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Well I'm in favor of polling the actual Mafia players who've been keeping the forum active. Maybe Chu can set up another poll regarding this in the CC Mafioso.

I started playing in Sept. or Oct, and I've got over 20 games under my belt, so you can imagine I've got some interest in the issue. I spend more time in the mafia games than anywhere else on CC (or the entire internet for that matter). Now, new players are great and all, but honestly I don't know how much of a draw medals will be. If the reasoning is that medals will entice new players, I believe that these players by and large won't be what we're looking for. I would like players who come because they have an interest purely in scumhunting. I would love for an expansion, but I'm of the opinion that a steady build-up of genuinely interested players who plan to stick around would be best for long-term thinking. It's like building anything, a solid base is needed first. A sudden expansion will collapse after a month or two. I think our various ads and the Scum Insider in the Dispatch have done wonders already.

That's not to say some of the old-timers shouldn't be recognized for their contributions, and I can understand the view that we should reward members for adding to the forum. After all, an active mafia forum would probably also mean an active forum throughout, and more customers for CC.

Back up off my Kool-aid.

Just sayin'.

-TG


The medals are not to draw new players in. They are merely to reward players who deserve it. The general stance is that the Medals will be given out occasionally for official games (you'll see!) atm. This is subject to change as developments come along.

-rd
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7230
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby pancakemix on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:31 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:The medals are not to draw new players in. They are merely to reward players who deserve it. The general stance is that the Medals will be given out occasionally for official games (you'll see!) atm. This is subject to change as developments come along.

-rd


THAT is interesting. I'm anxious to see how this plays out now...
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7911
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Heading for the light
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Hank44Soccer wrote:great idea greenoaks its just the same ppl playing mafia it just not the samewithout colton24

Yea, its greatly improved since colton left. :roll: And who are you? I've never seen you in the forum before... :?

Hank's in my game, Mr. Squirrel ;)

How many posts though? 2? Not much of what you'd call "playing" would you?
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby Commander9 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:51 pm

To be fair, I'm not sure if giving the mod the right to give out medals is such a good idea - I can already see a lot of friends coming, creating smaller games and this could end up a fiasco. I'd agree with the other before me that if we will have medals, they should be given based on what has the person done there rather than the basis of one game.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Commander9 wrote:To be fair, I'm not sure if giving the mod the right to give out medals is such a good idea - I can already see a lot of friends coming, creating smaller games and this could end up a fiasco. I'd agree with the other before me that if we will have medals, they should be given based on what has the person done there rather than the basis of one game.


lol like I said, just wait and see ;)

-rd
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7230
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby Commander9 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:lol like I said, just wait and see ;)

-rd


Do we have any other choice? ;)
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 am

This is essentially covered by our Mafia / Forum Games Promotion! :D


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25611
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby greenoaks on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:02 am

AndyDufresne wrote:This is essentially covered by our Mafia / Forum Games Promotion! :D


--Andy

woot woot

i'm psychic
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby AslanTheKing on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:00 am

greenoaks wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:This is essentially covered by our Mafia / Forum Games Promotion! :D


--Andy

woot woot

i'm psychic


i need this thread to be on top, so bigballstaling will find it
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !


AOK

show: AOK Rocks
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Implemented Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login