Surrendering [Done]

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Do you think the option to surrender should be deleted?

Yes
35%
No
29%
No, but it should be changed
35%

Total votes : 34

Surrendering [Done]

Postby Charbroil on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:51 pm

The poll question kinda says it all.

*If you have ideas for change, post them for lack to see*
Private Charbroil

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby thegrimsleeper on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:39 pm

Well I voted for no, but I think I really meant "It should be changed."

I get the feeling that some people surrender just so the person that's raping them won't get their cards. I think that if one surrenders, their cards should become the property of [neutralplayer], and if the aforementioned raper really wants those cards, he'll continue the assault.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Volkmar on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:24 am

I voted no, but need changes...

Maybe you should only be able to surrender after a number of turns...
And maybe surrendered contry could give a card?
Cadet Volkmar

Postby moz976 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:36 am

I voted that it should be removed. if your going to play then play. it's not like surrendering is going to allow you to play another game. And who knows maybe you could make a come back.
Private 1st Class moz976

Medals: 3
General Contribution (3)

Postby Ran Taro on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:48 pm

The neutral player should keep cards. If you don't let people surrender they will just become deadbeats.
Corporal Ran Taro

Postby joetalk on Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:39 am

surrendering has got to be an option, but I think like many that the cards should be nutral players, to be taken by conquer,
HOWEVER I think that there should be a penalty, like maybe a 40 point loss just to discurage such behavior. and i realy believe that with the major deadbeat problem out there that it should be a miss 3 turns and get the boot not 4, I mean if you commit to a game it shouldnt be that hard to find 10 min for your turn in 48hrs.
Corporal 1st Class joetalk

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)

Postby ZawBanjito on Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:06 am

I agree that it's annoying to have someone surrender and then lose their cards. But I'm not for cards going to just "neutral player" because there are random neutral countries scattered in games... so say you were knocking out this one guy over in Australia, and he surrenders, and now the only other neutral country is way over in S. America and someone else gets it. So I say a player surrenders and they go to a "surrendered" color of some sort, or get a surrendered marks of some kind around their name. It's just like they're still there but they can't play anymore and they don't count as present in rounds.

Respectfully I must disagree, joetalk... it's way too harsh to have an additional penalty for surrendering. Sometimes people have to leave to go out of town on business or their mother gets sick or whatever. They can't help it, so why punish them? They should be applauded for politely surrendering and not just going deadbeat.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:14 pm

ZawBanjito wrote:I say a player surrenders and they go to a "surrendered" color of some sort, or get a surrendered marks of some kind around their name. It's just like they're still there but they can't play anymore and they don't count as present in rounds.

Perfect. Just leave the color the same, but in the player list, their name is strikethrough.

ZawBanjito wrote:They should be applauded for politely surrendering and not just going deadbeat.

If you're not gonna play, get the f*ck out. Don't hold everyone else up just because you lost interest.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby lackattack on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:07 am

I made an executive decision. No surrendering. At Conquer Club we play till the death. That button just seemed to cause more problems than it solved.
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Return to Implemented Suggestions