More than 10 games [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

hmmm....limitless may be doom

Postby tomtorresson on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:51 pm

Not even sure how Risk came up...let alone the concept of non-bong / non-3am online Risk.

You folks are brilliant.

I look forward to conquering all....but I am already checking in to see if it's my turn on five games WAY more than I should be.
Corporal 1st Class tomtorresson

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby BabyBudda on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:29 pm

It's not a problem... it's a healthy obsetion.... :roll: ..... :lol: :?:
Private 1st Class BabyBudda

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:56 am

It's spelled obsession... Sorry, grammar police gotta reprazent.

And smilies sure are fun, aren't they? :shock:
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

how long are we looking at ?

Postby joetalk on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:53 pm

being new to online risk playing I dont have any other experiences to compare to, but this site is by far the best way to kill time I've seen in a long time.
I can understand the problem with bandwidth and scuzzy space, but there has got to be a better way, the first thing I noticed was that when removed from a game or surrendering from a game that was sitting for days with no motion i found myself still limited to 5 (including these games) and with some player not moving for 24hrs its taking two or three days between turns.
I would not want to limit new player but this is defintley lowering the quality of my experience!
I trust that what can be done is and wish addmin all the best in there pursuit to make our experiences better.
Joetalk OUT[/quote]
Corporal 1st Class joetalk

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)

Postby lackattack on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi joetalk,

Conquer Club games are generally slow paced and 1 turn a day is normal. But there is a problem with new players not taking their turns and making everybody wait. If you get stuck with deadbeats, don't surrender. Just be patient and they will be automatically eliminated (currently after missing 4 turns).

P.S. I was once driving towards Whitehorse. Passed Carcross and emerald lake, but I didn't have enough time and had to head back :(
Private lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

now thats more reasonable

Postby joetalk on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:31 pm

thanks for the reply, its nice to see admin so involved, i really apreaciat the heads up.
I'm used to slow games but when 2 out of 4 players arent playing it sure makes thing a drag.
I'll be tuffin it out as of now, now that i know there is hope for some type of game
thanks again
Joetalk OUT
Corporal 1st Class joetalk

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)

Return to Archived Suggestions