The need for an "Online Now" status display.

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Do you think we should have "Online Now" status displays?

Yes.
80%
No.
20%

Total votes : 10

The need for an "Online Now" status display.

Postby thedude13 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Notice: Already on the "To-Do list" but fill free to read anyway. Thanks.

I was just wondering if it would be feasible for the STAFF to implement an "Online Now" status display by the players name in a game window.

It would save all of us a lot of time and finger ache if we weren't sitting there clicking on the "Refresh Page" button over and over again to see if the other players have started there turn this century or not. Or, the chance of possibly missing the opportunity to start your turn when you need to, while checking to see if a player is online in the Club Forum page.

I'm sure it would take some time and work to implement such a thing, but it would be greatly appreciated by all. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
thedude13

The Dude abides.
Last edited by thedude13 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Private 1st Class thedude13

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:40 pm

What if we are on the site but don't have time to take those turns? This just seems like it would lead to a lot of neg feedback from whiners who think people are taking too long.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Corporal Anarkistsdream

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby cena-rules on Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:04 pm

check the list. Its probably on there

EDIT: here it is

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=161
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby thedude13 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:48 pm

Sorry guys didn't see the other one, but I didn't see a reply from the STAFF either. Also, good point about being online but not playing at that point in time. On the other hand; if a player is just online to check in or for another reason, but does not have time to play at the moment, that player can at least comment that they are not playing at the moment to alleviate any players who might whine about it. Though, I would hope that there are not that many players who would whine, but I'd probably just be naive.

Either way, I guess I will just stick to checking the Club Forum for the time being. Thanks for the feedback guys.

thedude13

The Dude abides.
Last edited by thedude13 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Seinfreak on Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:47 pm

I'd be happy with a "Last Online" datestamp on their profile. That way, I can at least know if someone is still active.
Cadet Seinfreak

Postby misterman10 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:27 pm

It would also save a lot of time if people would read the to-do list and use the form when posting suggestions. Especially when this certain suggestion has been suggested many times.
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Medals: 3
Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby thedude13 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:06 am

I apologize for not using the form, I am new to forums. I will change my initial post.

As far as to the fact that this discussion has be made plenty of times before, I had already apologized for that earlier. However, the fact is that it is still a discussion. In fact, if you read the "[Official] Freestyle Changes -- Give us your feedback!" thread, you'll see that it is being discussed as one of the major solutions to the freestyle problem at hand.

In any case, I have now added a poll to this particular thread, and since it is a newer thread, it will have more attention drawn to it. Therefore, basically replacing the older threads. Capiche?

thedude13

The Dude abides.

Postby misterman10 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:45 pm

But why create a new thread to discuss when its already on the to-do list :roll:
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Medals: 3
Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby thedude13 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:13 pm

OK, sorry. How long was that there, hehe. No, I did read that thread, just didn't notice that was on the to-do list. Either way, now that here is a poll and it is still being talked about (and not just in this thread), maybe it will get bumped up the list a little, yea.

thedude13

The Dude abides.

Re: The need for an "Online Now" status display.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 am

Was just going to submit this.. yeah search!
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Return to Implemented Suggestions