Turn Time/Skip Turn/Unjoined game deletion [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Turn Time/Skip Turn/Unjoined game deletion [Done]

Postby Itrade on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:47 pm

Perhaps you should be able to specify how long a turn will be in the start of a game, anywhere between a week to a few hours. This way there'd be less wait for the deadbeats or people on holidays.

Also, skipping turns. Perhaps we could have the option to skip a turn and save the troops for later? This was inspired from when I saw a guy use his 9 missed turn troops to crack a continent, and could be a useful strategy. Or perhaps you could say "Skip all turns for the next X days/turns" if you're going on a holiday or something, so you don't bog down other players.

Finally, unjoined games. Is there a period of time whereafter they're deleted? If not, there should be. It'll save server space. People should also not be allowed to make a new game with the same options after their old game has been deleted.

So yeah,
Itrade.
Last edited by Itrade on Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Itrade

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby molestar on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:53 pm

I like the time limit option
Sergeant 1st Class molestar

Postby Itrade on Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:37 pm

Just bumping this to say what's good about skipping turns.

Say you've got a field trip or you're going to visit relatives or something. You'll miss a turn or two so you should be able to say that if your turn comes between a certain period of time, the game should skip it. This is useful for me because I don't play on Sundays (That's also why I suggested double turns) and I'm sure it'll be useful to a lot of other people who're just gone for a brief period of time.
Image My set is a bone coat-of-arms and chandelier! How cool is that?

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Turn Time/Skip Turn/Unjoined game deletion

Postby lackattack on Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:30 pm

Itrade wrote:Perhaps you should be able to specify how long a turn will be in the start of a game, anywhere between a week to a few hours.

Cool idea. Why not even 5 minute rounds? It would make things really flexible. Then again, I don't want to compete with realtime games like Risk II. I'm really trying to build a community of people who visit Conquer Club daily. I have to think about the implications...

Itrade wrote:Perhaps we could have the option to skip a turn and save the troops for later?...Or perhaps you could say "Skip all turns for the next X days/turns" if you're going on a holiday or something, so you don't bog down other players.

An "on vacation" switch and a "bank my armies" button, eh? That's something to think about too...

Itrade wrote:Finally, unjoined games. Is there a period of time whereafter they're deleted?

I don't have a problem with unjoined games. They'll eventually get filled, and because there is no activity they take up minimal space.
Private lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Re: Turn Time/Skip Turn/Unjoined game deletion

Postby Itrade on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:03 am

Okay, slightly off-topic but I just have to say how awesome you are, Lack. The site is unbelievably good and it's even more awesome to see that you're considering improving it and it's like one of the most awesome things ever when you do improve it. I'm so glad I found this site early in its life and I hope that it'll stay this way 'till forever. Now onto the comments.

lackattack wrote:
Itrade wrote:Perhaps you should be able to specify how long a turn will be in the start of a game, anywhere between a week to a few hours.

Cool idea. Why not even 5 minute rounds? It would make things really flexible. Then again, I don't want to compete with realtime games like Risk II. I'm really trying to build a community of people who visit Conquer Club daily. I have to think about the implications...

Absolutely no problem with it. Since these are options during game creation, if people don't like it, they can just not join and make their own game with their own rules that people will evantually fill.

lackattack wrote:
Itrade wrote:Perhaps we could have the option to skip a turn and save the troops for later?...Or perhaps you could say "Skip all turns for the next X days/turns" if you're going on a holiday or something, so you don't bog down other players.

An "on vacation" switch and a "bank my armies" button, eh? That's something to think about too...

Yes exactly what I'm saying. With double turns you could pull off a master strategy by banking one turn, then playing the armies from that turn, then playing your armies from your double turn.

lackattack wrote:
Itrade wrote:Finally, unjoined games. Is there a period of time whereafter they're deleted?

I don't have a problem with unjoined games. They'll eventually get filled, and because there is no activity they take up minimal space.

I see. But they do steal game numbers. Game number 150 with exotic options could start after game 300 with normal options. Not really a major thing, more of a pet peeve. Perhaps games should be arranged by date started, or perhaps they should be numbered upon launch.

Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby lackattack on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:42 am

Thanks for the nice complements, Itrade :D
Private lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby Itrade on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:03 am

lackattack wrote:Thanks for the nice complements, Itrade :D

Ooh having the game updated is all the thanks one needs. They weren't compliments so much as nice truths said in a nice way. Compliments are like matters of taste or something.

Also, I challenge anyone to say nice truths in a mean way. It's hard.

But yeah those were my thoughts at the time because there was a suggestions forum in RuneScape Community but they never ever read it and update RuneScape with the suggestions.

Erm, yeah. I don't think there's anything left to say here. :/

Ratings Achievement (1)

Return to Archived Suggestions