Show Medal Progress

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Medal Stats Page

Postby ccatman on Sun May 30, 2010 10:11 pm

i was gonna make a new topic about this but has anyone suggested a badge counter? i think it'd be nice to have a page where it can show you all the badges and how close you are to getting each one
User avatar
Colonel ccatman
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 pm
Location: Rhode Island
Medals: 56
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 31, 2010 1:33 am

ccatman wrote:i was gonna make a new topic about this but has anyone suggested a badge counter? i think it'd be nice to have a page where it can show you all the badges and how close you are to getting each one


I'm assuming you mean "medal" and not badge.

If you download the Map Rank GL plug-in (assuming you use Firefox) you can see what you need to get another medal. I'm not sure what other ways there are.
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5152
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby ccatman on Mon May 31, 2010 2:45 am

Army of GOD wrote:
ccatman wrote:i was gonna make a new topic about this but has anyone suggested a badge counter? i think it'd be nice to have a page where it can show you all the badges and how close you are to getting each one


I'm assuming you mean "medal" and not badge.

If you download the Map Rank GL plug-in (assuming you use Firefox) you can see what you need to get another medal. I'm not sure what other ways there are.

yeah medal i meant...i play another game where they call them badges and thanks for the info
User avatar
Colonel ccatman
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 pm
Location: Rhode Island
Medals: 56
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

How close am I to awards

Postby Harper1024 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Concise description:
  • See how far you are from achieving an award.

Specifics/Details:
  • It would be helpful if each user was able to see how far they are away from achieving certain medals.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This is the reason why I played modern warfare so much. Since I knew I was very close to achieving an award. This would make me play more knowing I am 4 speed games away from receiving bronze medal (example).
Sergeant 1st Class Harper1024
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:38 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby Jace22 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 pm

actually, if you've downloaded map rank for firefox, you can check how close you are to getting your next medal
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby fumandomuerte on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 pm

This should be included in CC. I use Chrome and the map rank doesn't work there.
You got my support Harper1024 ;)
Image
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
User avatar
Captain fumandomuerte
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:27 am
Location: The Cinderella of the Pacific
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby grifftron on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 pm

sure, maybe someday... but like said above most just use map rank which works fine, and those working on it put in a lot of work making it what it is today... end of conversation.

-griff
‹army of nobunaga› me and so many other people including people in your own clan look at you as a joke
User avatar
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3190
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:11 am
Location: Chiang Mai
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 pm

grifftron wrote:sure, maybe someday... but like said above most just use map rank which works fine, and those working on it put in a lot of work making it what it is today... end of conversation.

-griff

Although I agree that players do put a lot of time into keeping maprank up and running... this statement hears negates your 'end of conversation' IMO:

fumandomuerte wrote:I use Chrome and the map rank doesn't work there.
rds is awesome!
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class iamkoolerthanu
 
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:56 pm
Location: looking at my highest score: 2715, #170
Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 pm

I have maprank. Sometimes it stalls without giving the right stats. And when I had Vista opsys, Mozilla firefox wouldn't work properly on it at all, much less the monkeywrenches that people created for Mozilla.

Besides, now that they've got a new web developer, this gives him something to work on that it's obvious many would like (because this is HARDLY the first suggestion to have CC provide to all, what those wonderful players who designed the monkeywrenches enabled first, for Mozilla users. For example, look at the expanded game stats that Lack put in not that long ago.)
Image
User avatar
Captain stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (7)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby edwinissweet on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:26 pm

this would be helpful.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant edwinissweet
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: cozumel
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:46 pm

edwinissweet wrote:this would be helpful.


For me, Map Rank has been 100% unreliebale recently. I support this idea.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
User avatar
Lieutenant JoshyBoy
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: In the gym. Yeah, still there.
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:58 am

JoshyBoy wrote:
edwinissweet wrote:this would be helpful.


For me, Map Rank has been 100% unreliebale recently. I support this idea.


how so, unreliable? I assume under options you have selected to also note the ratings medals.
please also note that most medals will update once you have finished the game, but sometime you need to wait till the game is archived, so maprank and your actual right to the medal is just a matter of time
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 am

SirSebstar wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:
edwinissweet wrote:this would be helpful.


For me, Map Rank has been 100% unreliebale recently. I support this idea.


how so, unreliable? I assume under options you have selected to also note the ratings medals.
please also note that most medals will update once you have finished the game, but sometime you need to wait till the game is archived, so maprank and your actual right to the medal is just a matter of time


I don't know what the problem is. One day I'll map rank and it says I have 34 medals then the next day it says I have 36. Then a day or two later I have 31, then the day after I have 35. Also, the other numbers fluctuate both upwards and downwards.

Oh and I updated the first post.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
User avatar
Lieutenant JoshyBoy
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: In the gym. Yeah, still there.
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby CrayZJ on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:44 pm

I was going to initiate a post for this exact request. Then I saw this chain. I also support the idea. I didn't know maprank existed, and will certainly give it a try, but it sounds like it has its bugs too.

I would be nice to know where I was relative to each of the medals available so that I can decide what games I want to play.
Lieutenant CrayZJ
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:20 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: How close am I to awards

Postby Dako on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:
edwinissweet wrote:this would be helpful.


For me, Map Rank has been 100% unreliebale recently. I support this idea.


how so, unreliable? I assume under options you have selected to also note the ratings medals.
please also note that most medals will update once you have finished the game, but sometime you need to wait till the game is archived, so maprank and your actual right to the medal is just a matter of time


I don't know what the problem is. One day I'll map rank and it says I have 34 medals then the next day it says I have 36. Then a day or two later I have 31, then the day after I have 35. Also, the other numbers fluctuate both upwards and downwards.

Oh and I updated the first post.

Cheers, JB ;)

Try to reset it and then map rank yourself.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Dako
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:07 am
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Medals: 115
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (20) General Contribution (20)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login