>> Gameplay attribute for ratings

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: >> Gameplay attribute for ratings

Postby Hrvat on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:41 pm

[modedit][/modedit]
Last edited by cicero on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: trolling
I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Most of my comment posted above, but I want to add this.

Regardless of the system -- be it keeping the current system, adding another attribute or going toward a check off system,

I think that you need better descriptions. Unambiguous descriptions.
"average" is just too general.

Also, I have changed my mind on the skill rating issue. Maybe it should be included, but completely seperate from the other "attitude" issues, but only so we can see who actually thinks they can judge skill better than the ranking system. Might be a handy way to know who to ignore. :lol:
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby jaruler on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:17 pm

i think fairplay is better than gameplay. it is more specific. what we want is attributes that reflect as much as possible about a persons style of play, either to boast about to to learn from.

for me i would have the following.

Fairplay.
Teamwork
Stratagy
Attendence
attitude.

these should say all about a person.

plus one thing i am annoyed about is that its a givin now that u get 5 points just for playing,. even if u played with no skill, we really should only award a 5 on level that is deserved. i mean a 3 means you did ok, if you did great and you would have won. but ppl expect 5 for everything these days. and so now i have falling under the same thing and keep giving out high marks just so i dont get moaned at.

it should be noted that just because someone may give you a 3 does not mean they dislike you or they thought you played bad. 3 is a standared number for nothing bad or nothing special. to get higher you have to show merit in such task.

I suppose its the world we now live in where ppl just want to be told there great no matter what and cant take fair criticism.

anyway those so far i think best explains a persons gamplay as a hole. anything more and ppl wont do.

plus also ppl i think should at least have a mandatory % of how many ppl they should rate. before they can continue playing any more games. i am a bit tired of someone playing 100 games and rating none.

also very tired of those ppl who go away or do not wish to continue playing and hold up the game on there turn cos they dont wish to.

I think a opt out of game should be created for events that you wish to leave. either your losing or your going away.

anyway thats my 12 cents
Lieutenant jaruler

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Sun Tzup on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:08 am

Ive always wanted the option of leaving a checkbox "good sport" or "bad sport" because I think that sums it up for most.

Thanks
Private 1st Class Sun Tzup

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Implemented Suggestions