- Add a "Gameplay" attribute to the ratings system (which would include teamwork).
- There have been suggestions for a "Skill" attribute and our position has been that ratings are intended to influence behaviour, not skill, and we already have features to measure and reward skill. However there are behaviours that don't fall under "Fair Play" that we want to influence, such as killing the wrong assassin target or going after your teammate. Things that can make or break the game experience for others.
- The "Gameplay" attribute could be defined as this: measures how the player's ability to play makes the game enjoyable (not the player's ability to win). covers strategy, diplomacy, teamwork, etc...
- "Gameplay" would pretty much cover the issues behind teamwork and members looking for good teammates should be able to make use of it to find good teammates. So "Teamwork" (which was an akward attribute that doesn't apply to all game types) could be dropped. This will result in a loss of information in the short turn, but will make for a simpler and cleaner ratings system in the long term.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Ratings attributes will better represent the types of behaviour we want to encourage or discourage.
EDIT: Please give your input on this suggestion!