Stop multis from playing (Merged) [Done]

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

is turning busted multis armies into neutrals a good idea?

a resounding YES!!!
93%
a resounding HECK NO!!!!
7%

Total votes : 91

Re: Dealing with Multis

Postby wicked on Mon May 26, 2008 9:13 am

Tarzan & Chaka, be advised that you should only be playing each others' turns if one of you is in danger of missing a turn. Playing your teammates' account for strategic advantage is considered a violation of the multiple accounts rule. Don't make us have to take a close look at your accounts and block you. Understood? BTW, next time don't just ask random people on here what the rules are, ask a mod.

This is moved because I don't see a suggestion. As others have already stated, how we deal with multis is like that for a reason.
Major wicked

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby jbrettlip on Mon May 26, 2008 9:25 am

wicked wrote:Tarzan & Chaka, be advised that you should only be playing each others' turns if one of you is in danger of missing a turn. Playing your teammates' account for strategic advantage is considered a violation of the multiple accounts rule. Don't make us have to take a close look at your accounts and block you. Understood? BTW, next time don't just ask random people on here what the rules are, ask a mod.

This is moved because I don't see a suggestion. As others have already stated, how we deal with multis is like that for a reason.

Wait, I thought that "rule" never came into being???
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Sergeant 1st Class jbrettlip

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby jbrettlip on Mon May 26, 2008 9:33 am

"
Oky doky folky.

We have come to a decision of sorts...

I moved, and the other admins agreed, to shelf this proposal at this time.

There has been a lot of controversy and very little agreement on what can, cannot, should, should not and GFY in this thread and in our private discussions.

While we recognize that a new rule is needed to curb abuse, there is also the need to maintain the casual side of playing ConquerClub.

So, what we are going to do is wait until we implement a formal sitting feature which will give you guys a much more pleasant sitting experience and us a framework in which to enforce a rule against strategic sitting without limiting casual sitting.

So, not only do you guys get to keep the casual sitting, you will also get new tools to make it easier, and hopefully a more abuse free gaming experience...but it has to wait until we can code the tools

Hopefully this is something we can live with for the next few months while we roll out our existing cycle of updates and get to this new feature.

Thank you all for your participation in this discussion. It was not always pretty, nor was it always constructive, but a lot of people got a lot of opinions out into the open.

Have a good one
Twill.

This thread will remain stuck for 24 more hours.by Twill
on Mon May 19, 2008 3:42 pm "

Hey, here is the actual ruling as opposed to the one the mod just posted. Glad I could be of help. I hate to see bad information.

PS I cleared out my inbox so I am ready for my warning.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby wicked on Mon May 26, 2008 9:34 am

What they're doing is strategic account sitting, which is a no-no. I can see how you'd be confused, but what they're doing isn't "casual account sitting", it's playing multiple accounts. Thanks for the quote, reread this part:

enforce a rule against strategic sitting

Feel free to ask twill, which I'm sure you will.
Major wicked

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby owenshooter on Mon May 26, 2008 11:06 am

always nice when someone starts a thread about cheating, then admits to strategic baby sitting, which is a HUGE VIOLATION, in the same thread!! ha!!! hilarious!!! and once again it is shown that strategic baby sitting can only truly occur in freestyle games.-0

p.s.-where is JR when you need him?
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
Captain owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Chaka on Mon May 26, 2008 1:22 pm

JotsHobbes wrote:These two did this in one of my games and even though by CC's rules this is not techincally multi accounts its the same principal imo as someone with multiaccounts. If you don't believe me check there log/game history too.

Sure did happen in that game. I went camping for 2 days, and Tarzan took my turns for me. If he hadn't, I would have missed 2, possibly 3 turns, and it would have been basically team sabotage. Again, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sometimes I hear people say 'then why did you start the game in the first place if you knew you were going out of town?' which is ridiculous. you never know how long a game is going to last outside of speed games. if you can have someone cover for you in those instances, then great. and to OWENSHOOTER, stop repeatedly slagging me for my comment. I said:

Sometimes teammates will log in as eachother at crucial moments in a game. I've seen it happen before, talked about it with others who have done it, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

You don't think 'crucial' could mean when a player is going to miss a turn? Because that's what I'm talking about. There are plenty of times where I could just go for Tarzan, but if i know he's going to be on later, then I wait. If it screws us, we'll figure out a way to come back. But don't sit around here taking what I said and turning it into saying that we're turn sitters or whatever the term people are using for this. You sound like the Clinton campaign.

But thanks for the attention. If there's any kind of attention Tarzan and I prefer, it's the negative kind.
Sergeant 1st Class Chaka

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby Vace Cooper on Mon May 26, 2008 2:07 pm

I think Owen is messing with you a little bit... We are true believers in the ways of babysitting partners turns.
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby jbrettlip on Mon May 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Actually it seems this babysitting was going on in freestyle games. So I doubt Owen has any opinion on it. I know I don't. Maybe Twill's response should have differnciated between freestyle (strategic) and sequential (casual), because they are two very seperate issues. So the new "rule" is as ambiguous as the "unwritten" rule for now. I understand perfectly!

Clan Achievement (2)

Postby owenshooter on Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Vace Cooper wrote:I think Owen is messing with you a little bit... We are true believers in the ways of babysitting partners turns.

no i'm not. i just spent 20 days trying to make sure the new rule they were proposing for baby sitting accounts was fair to doubles players. one of the huge sticking points was the refusal to differentiate between sequential and freestyle team play by lack and twill... nobody could prove how sequential teams gained a "STRATEGIC" advantage in game play, by baby sitting. and now, in this thread, these guys just show how rampant it is in freestyle, by openly admitting it and declaring it standard in freestyle team play! now they are back tracking about a camping trip or whatever. like it or not, freestyle teams abuse baby sitting, and it is wrong. these two guys were just "smart" enough to admit it in a thread and declare it as no big deal. these two abuse the system, and i hope they are watched closely in their upcoming games. and to be fair, please monitor me in my team games, also...-0

p.s.-jbrettlip, there is no new rule... yet... stop drinking so early in the day if you are going to troll the forums bashing mods.
Captain owenshooter

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby wrestler1ump on Mon May 26, 2008 4:06 pm

I feel the opposite way. I think Conquerclub is too hard on multis. The best thing would be to send a warning and maybe a one week ban, then if they are caught using multiple accounts again they must upgrade to premium as I did.
Corporal wrestler1ump

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby owenshooter on Mon May 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Chaka wrote: and to OWENSHOOTER, stop repeatedly slagging me for my comment. I said:

i'm not slagging you. you admitted to strategic baby sitting in a thread where you declared someone else a cheater. you abuse baby sitting and one of your opponents even had his say about it. again, i hope the mods watch this pair closely, as they are the type of team you should be going after for gaining a strategic advantage (freestyle team play), and not after sequential team players. again, i invite you to watch my games too...-0

p.s.-yet another freestyle team that didn't come into the sticky about changing team rules, because they were too busy getting their "cheat fix" in for the points before a new rule was written... funny... all the abuse occurs in freestyle, and the mods/admins are just clueless as to how sequential and freestyle are such completely different animals.
Captain owenshooter

Postby Tarzanchuck on Tue May 27, 2008 12:27 am

The best part about this thread is that it doesn't address my original complaint AT ALL. THREAD DERAILMENT AT IT'S FINEST!!!!

Frankly, I don't give a shit about multis anymore. If someone cares so much about winning that they feel they need to cheat, then fine. I don't care.

The only reason I play here is so that Chaka and I can have fun playing games together. I play some singles games, but I probably wouldn't play if it wasn't for doing games with him. If a multi joins our game, then I don't even care.

R-TARDS.
Lieutenant Tarzanchuck

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby wicked on Tue May 27, 2008 12:31 am

Both Sven and Player answered your question. That's why we don't cancel/delete games or force forfeits when someone is busted as a multi. Also, a person with multiple accounts doesn't always have more than one of his/her accounts in one game, so if the player decides to upgrade to premium to stay on, they can continue on as normal (with one account). Yet another reason we don't delete/cancel games or force forfeits.
Major wicked

Postby Twill on Wed May 28, 2008 2:31 pm

jbrettlip, how you can jump from "we are shelfing this proposal at this time" to "we're scrapping all rules completely" is beyond me - You still are not allowed to strategically sit for another player...sitting for team mates (the proposal that was shelfed) is merely an extension of this.

And TarzanChuck,

We don't block or remove players from active games for several reasons. It has been discussed before and there are too many pot-holes with implementing it so we left it as is.
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill
Retired Administrator

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Bruceswar on Fri May 30, 2008 2:12 am

wrestler1ump wrote:I feel the opposite way. I think Conquerclub is too hard on multis. The best thing would be to send a warning and maybe a one week ban, then if they are caught using multiple accounts again they must upgrade to premium as I did.

This post is total BS! Too hard? LMAO. Cheaters should be banned the moment it happens! I cannot stand cheaters!
Captain Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby hulmey on Fri May 30, 2008 2:35 am

owenshooter wrote:
Vace Cooper wrote:I think Owen is messing with you a little bit... We are true believers in the ways of babysitting partners turns.

no i'm not. i just spent 20 days trying to make sure the new rule they were proposing for baby sitting accounts was fair to doubles players. one of the huge sticking points was the refusal to differentiate between sequential and freestyle team play by lack and twill... nobody could prove how sequential teams gained a "STRATEGIC" advantage in game play, by baby sitting. and now, in this thread, these guys just show how rampant it is in freestyle, by openly admitting it and declaring it standard in freestyle team play! now they are back tracking about a camping trip or whatever. like it or not, freestyle teams abuse baby sitting, and it is wrong. these two guys were just "smart" enough to admit it in a thread and declare it as no big deal. these two abuse the system, and i hope they are watched closely in their upcoming games. and to be fair, please monitor me in my team games, also...-0

p.s.-jbrettlip, there is no new rule... yet... stop drinking so early in the day if you are going to troll the forums bashing mods.

If you cant understand the strategic advantage of having the same player play all turns for its team then you need an IQ test. There is an advantage albiet alot smaller one than in freestyle games!!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Timminz on Fri May 30, 2008 11:55 am

hulmey wrote:If you cant understand the strategic advantage of having the same player play all turns for its team then you need an IQ test. There is an advantage albiet alot smaller one than in freestyle games!!

It can only be an advantage if all but one player on the team are idiots, and the non-idiot is the one taking the turns.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Major Timminz

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Turning Busted Multis Armies into Neutrals

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:10 am

question, when a person is busted for multiple accounts, why are they allowed to play out their games, possibly taking points off of members that are not cheats? would it be possible to turn an offenders armies into neutrals, as if they had deadbeated, when/if they are busted for multiple accounts? this would end the cries for points to be returned and/or games to be deleted. just an idea...

anyway, searched this forum, only found a thread about marking cheats, which is not what i'm suggesting. so, please resist the urge to merge this...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55097&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

thanks for your time!!!-0
Captain owenshooter

Re: Turning Busted Multis Armies into Neutrals

Postby yeti_c on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:17 am

I think the ruling should be a deadbeating as if in Terminator game... i.e. they're still there - and you can kill them for their cards...

Unless it's a team game - then the teammate should inherit their cards (If it's a full team then the team should get dropped like a terminator death).

Either way though - this topic will get merged.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby lancehoch on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:28 am

owenshooter wrote:question, when a person is busted for multiple accounts, why are they allowed to play out their games, possibly taking points off of members that are not cheats?
This is because the busted player still has the right to appeal. If they are cleared after a second look and they have done nothing wrong, then why should they have been forced to lose all of their active games?
Lieutenant lancehoch

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby yeti_c on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:32 am

lancehoch wrote:
owenshooter wrote:question, when a person is busted for multiple accounts, why are they allowed to play out their games, possibly taking points off of members that are not cheats?
This is because the busted player still has the right to appeal. If they are cleared after a second look and they have done nothing wrong, then why should they have been forced to lose all of their active games?

As stated before - the people who successfully appeal are far outweighed by the people in the games that are ruined by having multi's that are still alive...

In fact the number of multi's will be outweighed heavily by the number of people in the games that they are ruining.

So - My point is - take the punishment away from the many and give it to the few - especially as 90% of those few are cheaters.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:36 am

lancehoch wrote:

let me type clearer. when a person IS BUSTED (as in the process is complete and they are indeed a BUSTED MULTI CHEAT), why are they allowed to play out their games? is that now clear enough?-0
Captain owenshooter

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:40 am

This makes perfect sense.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby PepperJack on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Convicted inmates often appeal their decisions from inside the prison system. While this may be called a miscarriage of justice to the select few that are released on appeal, those numbers are vastly disproportionate to those that appeal and end up serving their term.

That's more or less a real life example of what Yeti said.

Add in the fact that one's score is weighted towards recently finished games for the bulk of the players on CC (higher ranks excluded) and an incorrectly accused multi can quickly recoup their points.

I support the cessation of activity on busted multis that are in the appeals process.
Game 3960030

Going on deployment, be back someday.

Sorry for deadbeating out of games.
Corporal 1st Class PepperJack

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby Fruitcake on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:15 pm

owenshooter wrote:
lancehoch wrote:

let me type clearer. when a person IS BUSTED (as in the process is complete and they are indeed a BUSTED MULTI CHEAT), why are they allowed to play out their games? is that now clear enough?-0

Sounds good to me. It would certainly resove a lot of the emotive issues surrounding letting them continue after being busted.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2)

Next

Return to Implemented Suggestions