1) I think the option to have two players would best be left until private games are put in. People have already requested private games because they made games only for their friends but some stranger slotted in first. So now they're forced to play a game they don't really want to bother with. I feel this problem would be greater with a two player public game, but I only feel that because I suspect 2 player games would mostly be between acquaintances. Also, it might increase the number of games where nothing is happening because one of the two players has gone deadbeat. Still, there's no real reason why there shouldn't be the option, is there?
2) We should have maps for all the continents, and one for the Mediterranean too so we can refight Ancient Rome.
3) Already lots of support for this one, I think. But a 10 round deadbeat limit? I'd never join such a game - that 10 freakin days I'd have to wait until the bums were shuffled away. Still, different strokes, as they say. 0 for no limit means 1 turn? Everyone has to move every round? Sounds good to me, although maybe best combined with that "skip my turn" idea floating around. If you choose to skip your turn it negates the deadbeat, but you have to reselect it every turn so you can't check it and leave.
4) Totally support, but again perhaps best implemented in private games.
6) Totally disagree. Way too much room for abuse. You get your friend, or create a ghost account, join a game and deadbeat it out... but ooh, they've left you all their countries and armies! How nice of them. Even if it wasn't sneaky and abusive it would still be unfair. So what, now you have twice as many countries just 'cause you know the dude? You should always have to fight for your territory, with your armies. Leave it as it is.
8 ) Agree, I guess, since you can use the PM interface on the forums to do this anyway, even if you aren't friends with them and know their email etc. Basically we're working on an honor system, which always breaks down at some point, so why not just put it in as a game option? You'd have to redesign the chat interface, though?