Eliminate Freestyle Double Turns [Done]

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Eliminate Freestyle Double Turns [Done]

Postby demonfork on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:14 pm

cramill wrote:Hooray for a solution! (Closing the loophole!) =D>

Coming from a guy who has played an entire four (4) freestyle 1v1's.

These are exactly the kind of players that whined and bitched loud enough to finally ruin freestyle. It wasn't from those that played and enjoyed freestyle.
Corporal demonfork

Medals: 58
Conqueror Achievement (1) Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby alex951 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:13 pm

majority rule minority rights, so because a lot of ppl bitch about double turns us how enjoy it can use it anymore, i most now just play doodle assassin speed game and the no double turn fucks the game play up for everyone
Corporal alex951

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:56 pm

alex951 wrote:majority rule minority rights, so because a lot of ppl bitch about double turns us how enjoy it can use it anymore, i most now just play doodle assassin speed game and the no double turn fucks the game play up for everyone

yeah, not being able to cheat really sucks... perhaps while you are waiting for those turns to come around, you can study some grammar and other basic language rules.. that way, us how enjoy the forums can use it anymore easily...-0
Krazy gurls love Cool-0!!!!
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby demonfork on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:51 pm

owenshooter wrote:
alex951 wrote:majority rule minority rights, so because a lot of ppl bitch about double turns us how enjoy it can use it anymore, i most now just play doodle assassin speed game and the no double turn fucks the game play up for everyone

yeah, not being able to cheat really sucks... perhaps while you are waiting for those turns to come around, you can study some grammar and other basic language rules.. that way, us how enjoy the forums can use it anymore easily...-0

Owen, you have played SIX (6) total freestyle games in the entire history of your games played. You don't have clue when it comes to freestyle, you are not a credible source for determining what is and is not cheating in freestyle.
Corporal demonfork

Medals: 58
Conqueror Achievement (1) Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby john9blue on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:24 am

demonfork wrote:Owen, you have played SIX (6) total freestyle games in the entire history of your games played. You don't have clue when it comes to freestyle, you are not a credible source for determining what is and is not cheating in freestyle.

Yeah owen, how dare you stop playing a game setting that you hate?! :roll:
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby sully800 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:09 am

Now let's all stay away from personal attacks and discuss the issue at hand, eh?

As someone who has played 134 freestyle games (17% of total) I am very happy with the changes. As you probably know we used to have games in which double turns were allowed and games in which they were not. It was decided that this was an unnecessary option and encouraged "unfair" tactics and made the game less about the casual player and more about the serious gamer. So the double turns were eliminated, and yet this loophole remained. Now I understand that it wasn't cheating, but using the loophole was clearly taking advantage of players who did not know about it, and this went against the principle of eliminating the option of double turns. This was all made worse when objective games appeared because in those cases the double turn ensures that you win, and there is no way the opponent can stop you, even if they are there exactly when time runs out. That is what made the setting very unfair and is why there was such large support for a fix to the loophole. So now speed freestyle games are very different, and I know that will take some getting used to, but it's hard to argue that they aren't more fair.
Major sully800

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Eliminate Freestyle Double Turns

Postby sully800 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:11 am

Strife wrote:Hey, is this one down two to go, or the only big update? :)

Well I hope it is not the only thing! Unfortunately we don't get briefed on exactly what will be added because it's hard to know how difficult the coding will be, but I'm definitely hoping we will see more additions from this list: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94711&start=0
Major sully800

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cramill on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:46 pm

demonfork wrote:
cramill wrote:Hooray for a solution! (Closing the loophole!) =D>

Coming from a guy who has played an entire four (4) freestyle 1v1's.

These are exactly the kind of players that whined and bitched loud enough to finally ruin freestyle. It wasn't from those that played and enjoyed freestyle.

Yes, but I played many more doubles freestyle games. Me and my buddy Metalmesh were pretty good at those.
Corporal 1st Class cramill

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby alex951 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:43 pm

owenshooter wrote:

f*** you, eat a d*** b****. sorry i was typing fast and didn't read over what i wrote. the double turn was a big part of doodle assassin speed games, everyone expected it and everyone used it. the double turn just became part of freestyle. plus you have never played one of those game so how do you know what your taking about? its like a little kid telling his mom that he doesn't like something with out trying it.
Corporal alex951

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:47 am

alex951 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

f*** you, eat a d*** b****. sorry i was typing fast and didn't read over what i wrote. the double turn was a big part of doodle assassin speed games, everyone expected it and everyone used it. the double turn just became part of freestyle. plus you have never played one of those game so how do you know what your taking about? its like a little kid telling his mom that he doesn't like something with out trying it.

I have played thousands of freestyle games and I think it is a great fix! Suck it up cupcake and get used to it. Just press B until you can start. It is not that hard at all. Stop bitching and learn to get better at this game.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Captain Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby alex951 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
alex951 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

I have played thousands of freestyle games and I think it is a great fix! Suck it up cupcake and get used to it. Just press B until you can start. It is not that hard at all. Stop bitching and learn to get better at this game.

:D
Corporal alex951

Postby 6_roller on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 pm

It's not fixed.

You can still have double turns, check out game 5675116 if you don't believe me.

Yellow finished 2 of his turns before I finished mine, and I then have to wait for 12 hours.

Either make it sequential with 2 players, or make it totally free-style...
Sergeant 6_roller

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:53 pm

6_roller wrote:It's not fixed.

You can still have double turns, check out game 5675116 if you don't believe me.

Yellow finished 2 of his turns before I finished mine, and I then have to wait for 12 hours.

Either make it sequential with 2 players, or make it totally free-style...

Err, no. Technically, when you began your turn you took it before him. There's a big difference.
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions