Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

What do you think?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes : 129

Re: How to kick cheaters out of active games.

Postby darth emperor on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:14 pm

karelpietertje wrote:
Points of discussion:
  • What happens if all players are banned together?
    • Should they simply lose the game?
    -Well...of course is like all the team has deadbeated... :roll: I dont understand why is a point of discussion
  • What happens if teamplayer B is eliminated and player A is the only surviving teamplayer but gets kicked?
    • Does player B still get control of player A? This would mean he gets back in the game...
    -We can make it like two possibilities
    1.Is like the last player deadbeated so they should loose...If there are not current teammates who are alive to take it,just like now...if you teammate is dead and you deadbeat he wont inherit your troops or spoils(well...I havent seen never this example but I doubt it :roll: )

2.Ok,he gets back to the team game...I mean there are teammate that even being death they also see the game post there...share ideas with the team mate to see wich is the best move... so this players we could say that never got out from the game
  • Should the way people deadbeat be considered? Lack seems to make the rules for banning and deadbeating the same.
    • Personally I think there's a difference because deadbeating happens in 3 rounds and can be calculated by both opponents and teammates, unlike a ban, which happens instantaneous.
    Well...deadbeating...you get kicked(banned) out of the game because you "broke" the rules of that game...so you can consider the samething.But theres a problem...when you get the control of your partner,he just lost 3 rounds...so he could get deffered armies for 3 rounds? in a doubles the maximum would be get deffered troops for 5 rounds(3x5=15) if you are in a triples game you could get deffered for 8 rounds(A deadbeats,B takes the control of A,B deadbeats for himself and there for for A,C get the control of A and B and he misses two consecutive turns,C plays for C and get deferred armies for 2 rounds,C plays for B and gets deffered troops for 5 round(3 lost by B and 2 by C),C play for A and gets deffered armies for 8 rounds(2 lost by C,3 lost by B and 3 lost by A)and if you are in quadruples you could have deffered you could get up to deffered armies for 10 rounds :shock: this could make abuse... and now the best idea I got (although a bit unfair)is that no matter how many rounds you loose you only can get upon deffered armies for 2 rounds for each player
  • What to do in freestyle teamgames where you want to play the two turns simultaneously?
    • There would be difference between joining the game from the Active games page and joining it from the Playing As page.
    • Also there would be a 'convert to teammate' button in the game for each ( :roll: ) banned teammate when you're playing.
Well the you just should play the first one you think(or open 2 windows)...
Again, share your opinion :D

Answers in red
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby karelpietertje on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:34 pm

thanks darth_emperor ;)
yeah, I guess when they all get banned they should lose the game and points... I was thinking maybe the game shouldn't count, for abusing reasons (have a friend create accounts that are meant to be banned to harvest points or something? would be hard, I know). So I'm not sure.

about the current deadbeating teammates system, you get all their territories and cards, and no deferred armies. however, usually after 3 rounds of missing turns this has no such positiveness like when it happens instantaneously, like a ban.
Major karelpietertje

Postby darth emperor on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am

Well...I see it very difficult if that happens...but always after it is implemented if these happens a lot then will change it that part...as simple as that

Yes,I know that the current system you dont have the defferred troops....but because in the current you INHERIT what the player has,and this one you BECOME the other player.So for example in double you are red, and green has lost 3 turns his kicked...and you become red and green,so when you play as green the machine sees that green is playing after losing 3 consecuttive turn so he has to get deffered troops for 3 turns....because who gets it, is the green player,in the actual green changes red,so there's no sense that you get his deferred troops,but if you get the control of that player the normal is that...

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:02 am

-deleted-
Last edited by hahaha3hahaha on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook hahaha3hahaha

Postby darth emperor on Mon May 17, 2010 7:54 am

Bump.

This idea is a nice,without any (or practically any) rejection.There's somethings need to be pulished...but it shouldn't die.

Postby edwinissweet on Mon May 17, 2010 8:43 pm

this is old, but very organized, and in its time it had a lot of support. If the support is still there, we can move it along
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby king achilles on Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 am

Specifics:
* Let the next player in the team play all the turns.

So this idea is basically having 1 or 2 players, suddenly inheriting more than 1 player slot when a teammate gets busted?

Scenario 1
Team
player A
player B - gets busted

Then it will be:
Team1
player A
player A
vs
Opposing Team

Player A gets to play twice in that game since his teammate got busted.

or

Team1
player A
player A
player A
player A
vs
Opposing Team

If player A gets "lucky" he had all his teammates busted.

==========================

Scenario 2
player A
player B - gets busted
player C
player D - gets busted

Then it will be:
Team1
player A
player C
player C
player A
vs
Opposing Team

or

Scenario 3
player A
player B - gets busted
player C

will become:
Team1
player A
player C
player C
vs
Opposing Team

The situation would be, player A gets to play player D's slot since he is the next player to make his turn in the team? player C gets to play player B's slot?

===========================

Scenario 4
player A
player B - gets busted
player C - gets busted
player D

So the encoding will be, player D gets to play player C. How does the encoding go for player B? Will it be player D as well? So it will appear like this?

Team1
player A
player D
player D
player D
vs
Opposing Team

Did I understood this right? If I am, looking at these from some angles, this is still open for a lot of abuse and a lot of complaints coming from the opposing team. Missing turns to get deferred troops will be exploited too much. Think of the possibilities that the remaining player could do if he has 2 or 3 slots to make his turns in a game. Also in freestyle.
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed May 19, 2010 5:43 am

This appears to be long overdue for a "sticky", therefore I have stickied it to hammer out all the details before putting up the final proposal and maybe getting it submitted. Please continue to show your support, and could the person responsible for drafting the final proposal please make themselves known to me?

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby darth emperor on Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 am

king achilles wrote:
Specifics:
* Let the next player in the team play all the turns.

So this idea is basically having 1 or 2 players, suddenly inheriting more than 1 player slot when a teammate gets busted?

To explain better let's put an example Team 1 (red,green,blue) blue gets busted...so actually what happens is that all blue troops become red and it combines...bonuses,spoils,territories armies. This suggestion says that blue still remains in the game (so red doesnt get anything) but red will take blue's turn more or less like he is babysitting blue

king achilles wrote:Scenario 1
Team
player A
player B - gets busted

Then it will be:
Team1
player A
player A
vs
Opposing Team

Player A gets to play twice in that game since his teammate got busted. [/quote]
Not exactly...the exact would be
Team 1
player A (as red)
Player A (as green)
vs
opposing team. Is like team 1 gets a team of 1 player(like the suggestion) Player plays as 2 different colours

king achilles wrote:or

Team1
player A
player A
player A
player A
vs
Opposing Team

If player A gets "lucky" he had all his teammates busted.

In this case would be
Red plays (player A has control of red armies)-Pink plays-Green Plays(player A controls green armies)-Cyan plays-Blue plays(A moves like blue and only blue player)-Orange plays-Yellow plays(A moves yellow territories with the option that yellow has to be his turn)-Slate plays

==========================

king achilles wrote:Scenario 2
player A
player B - gets busted
player C
player D - gets busted

Then it will be:
Team1
player A
player C
player C
player A
vs
Opposing Team

or

Scenario 3
player A
player B - gets busted
player C

will become:
Team1
player A
player C
player C
vs
Opposing Team

The situation would be, player A gets to play player D's slot since he is the next player to make his turn in the team? player C gets to play player B's slot?

Well I would say like actually...the next partner alive gets it

===========================

king achilles wrote:Scenario 4
player A
player B - gets busted
player C - gets busted
player D

So the encoding will be, player D gets to play player C. How does the encoding go for player B? Will it be player D as well? So it will appear like this?

Team1
player A
player D
player D
player D
vs
Opposing Team

Well remeber Player A- Player D(as green)-Player D (as blue) and so on... the ecoding would be something like the original post said

karelpietertje wrote:Specifics:
  • Let the next player in the team play all the turns.
  • For the appointed player it could have a separate "Playing As" page under My Games. (between "Active" and "Awaiting Players"?) Games on this page wouldn't count for the freemium game limit.
  • Instead of "<busted player name>" it could just say "<busted player name><team player>"
    • So it would say "Captain_Scarlet karelpietertje"

king achilles wrote:Did I understood this right? If I am, looking at these from some angles, this is still open for a lot of abuse and a lot of complaints coming from the opposing team. Missing turns to get deferred troops will be exploited too much. Think of the possibilities that the remaining player could do if he has 2 or 3 slots to make his turns in a game. Also in freestyle.

Well I think you did a little mistake...why would take complaints of the oppsing team? it's like he is babysitting his partner
Yes,defered troops is one of the last problems that is pointed:

darth emperor wrote:
karelpietertje wrote:
Points of discussion:
[*]Should the way people deadbeat be considered? Lack seems to make the rules for banning and deadbeating the same.
  • Personally I think there's a difference because deadbeating happens in 3 rounds and can be calculated by both opponents and teammates, unlike a ban, which happens instantaneous.
Well...deadbeating...you get kicked(banned) out of the game because you "broke" the rules of that game...so you can consider the samething.But theres a problem...when you get the control of your partner,he just lost 3 rounds...so he could get deffered armies for 3 rounds? in a doubles the maximum would be get deffered troops for 5 rounds(3x5=15) if you are in a triples game you could get deffered for 8 rounds(A deadbeats,B takes the control of A,B deadbeats for himself and there for for A,C get the control of A and B and he misses two consecutive turns,C plays for C and get deferred armies for 2 rounds,C plays for B and gets deffered troops for 5 round(3 lost by B and 2 by C),C play for A and gets deffered armies for 8 rounds(2 lost by C,3 lost by B and 3 lost by A)and if you are in quadruples you could have deffered you could get up to deffered armies for 10 rounds :shock: this could make abuse... and now the best idea I got (although a bit unfair)is that no matter how many rounds you loose you only can get upon deffered armies for 2 rounds for each player

Answers in red

But the original poster doesnt seem it as problem....But still the best is that the max of deffered would be 2 turns for player...

Postby darth emperor on Wed May 19, 2010 8:00 am

JoshyBoy wrote:This appears to be long overdue for a "sticky", therefore I have stickied it to hammer out all the details before putting up the final proposal and maybe getting it submitted. Please continue to show your support, and could the person responsible for drafting the final proposal please make themselves known to me?

Cheers, JB ;)

Sorry to double-post but the message is already very big... If the original poster doesn't come/doesnt want to do... I'll make it...

Re: How to kick cheaters out of active games. [Stickied]

Postby lord voldemort on Wed May 19, 2010 8:04 am

i know of a few things lack wants to do first that might make this much easier.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed May 19, 2010 8:06 am

darth emperor wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:This appears to be long overdue for a "sticky", therefore I have stickied it to hammer out all the details before putting up the final proposal and maybe getting it submitted. Please continue to show your support, and could the person responsible for drafting the final proposal please make themselves known to me?

Cheers, JB ;)

Sorry to double-post but the message is already very big... If the original poster doesn't come/doesnt want to do... I'll make it...

I think it was karelpieterje so I'm sure he'll be more than happy to do it. But thanks.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby edwinissweet on Wed May 19, 2010 7:22 pm

i thought i was the thread hijacker :lol:

im afraid i got lost in KIng A's explination though :oops:
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby darth emperor on Thu May 20, 2010 6:47 am

edwinissweet wrote:i thought i was the thread hijacker :lol:

im afraid i got lost in KIng A's explination though :oops:

I think that he understood that the suggestion was that if a player gets kicked...the other will recieve not only his cards and armies but also his turn that would make that player to move twice in a round. And that would be worst than what is going actually

Postby king achilles on Thu May 20, 2010 7:55 am

Yes, basically, this suggestion is to give another turn for the teammate.
Scenario 1
Team
player A
player B - gets busted

then it would be:

Team 1
player A (as red)
Player A (as green)
vs
opposing team.

Player A takes over what player B had and now plays as 2 different colours or plays two turns.
If you were in the opposing team, which system would you prefer? What we have right now or this one?
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu May 20, 2010 8:03 am

king achilles wrote:Yes, basically, this suggestion is to give another turn for the teammate.
Scenario 1
Team
player A
player B - gets busted

then it would be:

Team 1
player A (as red)
Player A (as green)
vs
opposing team.

Player A takes over what player B had and now plays as 2 different colours or plays two turns.
If you were in the opposing team, which system would you prefer? What we have right now or this one?

I like this idea. Would be much fairer.

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby darth emperor on Thu May 20, 2010 9:13 am

JoshyBoy wrote:
king achilles wrote:Yes, basically, this suggestion is to give another turn for the teammate.
Scenario 1
Team
player A
player B - gets busted

then it would be:

Team 1
player A (as red)
Player A (as green)
vs
opposing team.

I like this idea. Would be much fairer.

That's the idea proposed. Player plays as 2 different colours. In one turn he plays as red and the other as green. Like the suggestion of 1vteam. That more fair for all teams than wath's actually

Postby edwinissweet on Fri May 21, 2010 3:08 am

King a thinks that its like what we have now PLUS an extra turn. What this suggests is that you get to be your own partner. If im playing with josh, and i dead beat, josh then doesnt get my cards, or my territories added to his. He gets to control them as if he was me.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby Premier2k on Sun May 23, 2010 2:57 am

Excellent suggestion! =D>

Premier2k
Cadet Premier2k

Postby eddie2 on Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 am

right okay then how do u deal with this one then team game player1 (main account)with premium player. 2 his multi gets busted player 2 gets kicked out of the game player 1 (who was a multi) gains all troups regions and cards because he only gets striped of premium that is a f up of the current rule and should also be taken into account.
Captain eddie2

Postby darth emperor on Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm

eddie2 wrote:right okay then how do u deal with this one then team game player1 (main account)with premium player. 2 his multi gets busted player 2 gets kicked out of the game player 1 (who was a multi) gains all troups regions and cards because he only gets striped of premium that is a f up of the current rule and should also be taken into account.

Yes,with this suggestion is not so "f up", if you care that the premium multi still plays the game. This should go in another suggestion

Postby Bruceswar on Mon May 24, 2010 6:33 pm

edwinissweet wrote:King a thinks that its like what we have now PLUS an extra turn. What this suggests is that you get to be your own partner. If im playing with josh, and i dead beat, josh then doesnt get my cards, or my territories added to his. He gets to control them as if he was me.

We are talking about multis. As with dead beats they miss 3 turns already so you are in a bad spot likely. With a multi bust it can be round 1 and totally toss a game off. Anyhow I like this proposal over the current what we have.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jefjef on Mon May 24, 2010 8:29 pm

The problem with this sugg is:

In a couple games of mine a premium, who had his freemium multi as a partner, got busted.

This sugg would still keep the premium, who was stripped of premium but left active, in control of both accounts.

I still think if a multi freemium is busted it's terts should go neutral.

Either that or all games be deleted or of no point value.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 pm

I like this suggestion, even though I don't play teams.

As for someone's multis remaining.. my understanding is that multis get booted. If that is not the case, if a re-buy can stave off removal of the primary account, then that should be changed. Any re-buy should be allowed only AFTER the person is booted.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby jefjef on Mon May 24, 2010 10:19 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:I like this suggestion, even though I don't play teams.

As for someone's multis remaining.. my understanding is that multis get booted. If that is not the case, if a re-buy can stave off removal of the primary account, then that should be changed. Any re-buy should be allowed only AFTER the person is booted.

The way it works is a Preemium that is multi busted only gets premium stripped.

A freemium account busted gets kicked. When a multi is 2 preemium accounts bothe get stripped and one gets kicked.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions