Conquer Club

[GP] Increase to 12 Players

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

What should the final proposal be?

Up the number of players to 9, and see how it goes from there.
8%
Up the number of players to 10, and see how it goes from there.
14%
Up the number of players straight to 12.
55%
I don't mind, as long as the number goes up.
5%
Keep the number of players at 8.
16%
Other, stated in thread.
1%

Total votes : 348

Re: 9 and 10 player games

Postby Natewolfman on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:15 pm

im still in full support of 9-10 player games... in fact i would LOVE it if some maps were made specifically for 9-10-11-12 player games and no less.
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby tvar on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:33 pm

I like the idea of 9-10 player games. I was going to suggest it myself, but I managed to find this post browsing through the forum. Try searching for 9 player game, you get tons of unrelated stuff! (I think it ignores the "9") :)

I specifically like the possibility of having 3v3v3 games, but 5v5 games could be cool too. I probably wouldn't play such big games as a single, but others might like it.
Lieutenant tvar

More than 8 players

Postby samuelc812 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:17 am

Concise description:
  • 9 and 10 player games

Specifics:
  • I think it would be good to be able to have larger games with 9 and 10 players
  • I do realise that perhaps some of the maps have been made for 8 players and no more
  • However there are some maps where it would be a lot of fun having more than 8 players like the World 2.1 map

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Providing an environment for more people to play in a single game
  • It would be a lot of fun

samuelc812
Captain samuelc812

Postby lancehoch on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 am

Merged new thread with old thread from July.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby OliverFA on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:16 pm

I like this idea! The more players, the more parties involved, more unpredictibility, less luck and more strategy.

I know that the pace would slow down, but it is a price that would be worth to pay in exchange for having a more interesting game.

World 2.1 has plenty of room for 10 players, but any 30 or more territories map could work. Less than 30 would be too few in my opinion.
Private OliverFA

Postby samuelc812 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:10 pm

there is also the possibility of Quintuples ;)
Captain samuelc812

Postby bigreuben on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:47 am

After going 4 pages of searching, I found that some one else already wanted the 3vs.3vs.3 option, that I'm all for it, and I thought that maybe when you selecting number of players in "start game" option, when you click on triples then an 9th player option will appear...

about the color blinds, the best idea was to change pink to magenta and add purple, sorry or not having an idea of my own...

the thing that it will be too much people for some maps... well, I think there should be restriction on players per territories, like number of regions divided by 6/7= number of players allowed. Now I know that all the farmers will say no to this (no more 8 player assassin doodle), but those game have no strategy what so ever, and you don't see good players play there just farmers...
If this rule will be implied then I'm all for 9 and 10 players option all together, if not I think it should be only allowed as an option for team games, where maybe a little less luck decide and more strategy (5 doubles on doodle still be luck based game).

One last thought on the subject... it's either make new guys buy premium or go away pretty fast, if you have only four slots open and even one or two of them are games that it takes a week between your turn, you won't stay a freemium for long... If you like the game you'll bye a premium, if you just look how to pass your free time you'll go away...

P.S sorry for the 3 months bump, but I think I actually add something to the discussion 8-[
Captain bigreuben

Postby Joodoo on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:56 am

bigreuben wrote:After going 4 pages of searching, I found that some one else already wanted the 3vs.3vs.3 option, that I'm all for it, and I thought that maybe when you selecting number of players in "start game" option, when you click on triples then an 9th player option will appear...

about the color blinds, the best idea was to change pink to magenta and add purple, sorry or not having an idea of my own...

the thing that it will be too much people for some maps... well, I think there should be restriction on players per territories, like number of regions divided by 6/7= number of players allowed. Now I know that all the farmers will say no to this (no more 8 player assassin doodle), but those game have no strategy what so ever, and you don't see good players play there just farmers...
If this rule will be implied then I'm all for 9 and 10 players option all together, if not I think it should be only allowed as an option for team games, where maybe a little less luck decide and more strategy (5 doubles on doodle still be luck based game).

One last thought on the subject... it's either make new guys buy premium or go away pretty fast, if you have only four slots open and even one or two of them are games that it takes a week between your turn, you won't stay a freemium for long... If you like the game you'll bye a premium, if you just look how to pass your free time you'll go away...

P.S sorry for the 3 months bump, but I think I actually add something to the discussion 8-[

making the game freestyle always solves the problem, and as stated before by other users, this option should only be allowed in large maps like world 2.1 and world war 2 europe
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:44 pm

How did I miss this thread?
I absolutly support the idea of three triples teams. C'mon, you only need one more player.

bigreuben wrote:it's either make new guys buy premium or go away pretty fast, if you have only four slots open and even one or two of them are games that it takes a week between your turn, you won't stay a freemium for long...

I agree with this. You'd get bored in a hurry.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Joodoo on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 am

UPDATE :D
Since it would be pointless to have game with a large amount of players in a small map (even for battle royales...I think), I'm suggesting that if this was to be implemented, restrictions should be placed when you start a game. The restriction will depend on the number of territories on that map...
After finding out that the classic map has 42 territories in total and in a 8 player game, each player would start with 5 territories and there are 2 neutrals left, I have decided to base my ideas on the classic map. The formula for the restriction should be x*5+2, with x being the number of players in that game.
In this case, a map needs at least 47 (9*5+2=47)territories in order to be played by 9 players. A map needs at least 52(10*5+2 territories in order to be played by 10 players. However, restrictions will be lifted for some "special" maps where players start with a home territory (ex.New World and City Mogul).

Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby lancehoch on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:18 am

Joodoo wrote:UPDATE :D
Since it would be pointless to have game with a large amount of players in a small map (even for battle royales...I think), I'm suggesting that if this was to be implemented, restrictions should be placed when you start a game. The restriction will depend on the number of territories on that map...
After finding out that the classic map has 42 territories in total and in a 8 player game, each player would start with 5 territories and there are 2 neutrals left, I have decided to base my ideas on the classic map. The formula for the restriction should be x*5+2, with x being the number of players in that game.
In this case, a map needs at least 47 (9*5+2=47)territories in order to be played by 9 players. A map needs at least 52(10*5+2 territories in order to be played by 10 players. However, restrictions will be lifted for some "special" maps where players start with a home territory (ex.New World and City Mogul).

So, would you limit Luxembourg and Doodle Earth to only 3 players since they both have 18 territories?
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby FireStar on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:10 pm

I am not gonna read the whole post to see if this has been said...

I think if there was to be a change in the number of players possible, it should be boosted to 12, not 9 or 10.... This way there could be quad games with 3 teams, or triples games with 4 teams.
In the case of singles games, it would be a bad idea to raise the number of players, as seq. esc. games would be impossible to win by skill, it would purely be luck of who starts the game.
Lieutenant FireStar

Postby happy2seeyou on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:15 pm

We had a hard time just trying to add player 7 and 8's colors... I can't even imagine the complaints that would come around with 10 player colors in a game. What happens if we were to have 9-10 player games, a few weeks later someone will suggest 11-12 player games... It will never end.

vote: no
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby lancehoch on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:18 pm

happy2seeyou wrote:We had a hard time just trying to add player 7 and 8's colors... I can't even imagine the complaints that would come around with 10 player colors in a game. What happens if we were to have 9-10 player games, a few weeks later someone will suggest 11-12 player games... It will never end.

I think 10 would be the limit since there are no team possibilities with 11 players. The colors do seem to be a limiting factor. There is not enough of a difference between any of the color representations (I think I posted a bunch of colors earlier in this thread).
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby happy2seeyou on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:23 pm

lancehoch wrote:
happy2seeyou wrote:We had a hard time just trying to add player 7 and 8's colors... I can't even imagine the complaints that would come around with 10 player colors in a game. What happens if we were to have 9-10 player games, a few weeks later someone will suggest 11-12 player games... It will never end.

I think 10 would be the limit since there are no team possibilities with 11 players. The colors do seem to be a limiting factor. There is not enough of a difference between any of the color representations (I think I posted a bunch of colors earlier in this thread).

I was on the committee for the 7 & 8 player colors. I don't see where we would get two more codes without 100 complaints that the colors are too hard to tell apart
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby FireStar on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:37 pm

lancehoch wrote:

aside from the colors, which would be hard to come up with, maybe it could be set up so that these larger games could only be team games...
Lieutenant FireStar

Postby Joodoo on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:20 am

lancehoch wrote:

So, would you limit Luxembourg and Doodle Earth to only 3 players since they both have 18 territories?

no, the formula only applies to these cases, if maps with little territories such as Doodle Earth or Luxembourg are to be included, then the game will depend even more on luck, they'll also be much more complaints from joining/starting 9/10 player games on Doodle (and other small maps) because it'll be much more dependent on who goes first...

Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby lancehoch on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:10 am

Joodoo wrote:
lancehoch wrote:no, the formula only applies to these cases, if maps with little territories such as Doodle Earth or Luxembourg are to be included, then the game will depend even more on luck, they'll also be much more complaints from joining/starting 9/10 player games on Doodle (and other small maps) because it'll be much more dependent on who goes first...

This post actually confused me more.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Barry Zuckerkorn on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:04 pm

colors shouldn't be a factor as we could always branch into a multiple color system for the 9th and 10th players. What about a white circle background with red numbers in the middle, or yellow background with blue numbers, ect...it would slightly change the uniformity of the current game play -- but there are thousands of different ways to create unique color codes for extra players.
Cadet Barry Zuckerkorn

Postby GrimReaper. on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:10 pm

i say do it
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Postby lancehoch on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:20 pm

Barry Zuckerkorn wrote:colors shouldn't be a factor as we could always branch into a multiple color system for the 9th and 10th players. What about a white circle background with red numbers in the middle, or yellow background with blue numbers, ect...it would slightly change the uniformity of the current game play -- but there are thousands of different ways to create unique color codes for extra players.

The thing about this is, the army circles are made by the mapmaker to fit with the colors of the map. Changing these would be a huge pain. The colors are a limiting factor.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Barry Zuckerkorn on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:29 pm

lancehoch wrote:
Barry Zuckerkorn wrote:colors shouldn't be a factor as we could always branch into a multiple color system for the 9th and 10th players. What about a white circle background with red numbers in the middle, or yellow background with blue numbers, ect...it would slightly change the uniformity of the current game play -- but there are thousands of different ways to create unique color codes for extra players.

The thing about this is, the army circles are made by the mapmaker to fit with the colors of the map. Changing these would be a huge pain. The colors are a limiting factor.

What about thicker numbers that have an outline. Say blue outlining white, red outlining green.
What about small lines of the same color that make a box around numbers. Say yellow inside a yellow box, blue inside a blue box.
These are just a few ideas -- but my point is that if we really wanted this to happen we could find a way to make it happen.
Cadet Barry Zuckerkorn

Postby lancehoch on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Barry Zuckerkorn wrote:What about thicker numbers that have an outline. Say blue outlining white, red outlining green.
What about small lines of the same color that make a box around numbers. Say yellow inside a yellow box, blue inside a blue box.
These are just a few ideas -- but my point is that if we really wanted this to happen we could find a way to make it happen.

I take it that you are not colorblind (I am not either), but any red/green combination will not work. It would need to be colors that are distinct enough that people would not have a hard time telling them apart.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby OliverFA on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Joodoo wrote:
lancehoch wrote:

no, the formula only applies to these cases, if maps with little territories such as Doodle Earth or Luxembourg are to be included, then the game will depend even more on luck, they'll also be much more complaints from joining/starting 9/10 player games on Doodle (and other small maps) because it'll be much more dependent on who goes first...

IMHO, anything more than 6 players for Doodle Earth and Luxembourg are too much. After losing a couple of games without even having a chance to get a first turn I learned to stay away from that Russian roulette. So if you ask me yes, I would limit 18 territories maps to 6 players.

My proposed formula would be x*3.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Barry Zuckerkorn wrote:
lancehoch wrote:

What about thicker numbers that have an outline. Say blue outlining white, red outlining green.

I agree. If we wanted it to happen we could find some system to differentiate players. Maybe it would be based on colours, or maybe it would be based on a different idea.

Like i.e., we could prefix each player with a letter like in the colour blind option.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions