The Neon Peon wrote:Those people that rated the map badly are the ones that do not know strategy and simply do not understand the map (this is way over 50% for Waterloo, AoR, Feudal, and the Rail maps)
Complex maps will be rated crap by all the 5 year old idiots that do not understand how to read a legend, unfortunately there are a lot of them here.
ubersky wrote:I think it's good from a standpoint that I'd like to give my feedback after some of these maps, and digging for a forum thread is not the best way IMHO.
ubersky wrote:That can be taken into the system as well. I'm not a fan of the "Realms" maps since they are very susceptible to rushing. that is something that can be put in there (like the people ratings.. actually it would make more sense here).
I think it's good from a standpoint that I'd like to give my feedback after some of these maps, and digging for a forum thread is not the best way IMHO.
ubersky wrote:Concise description:
- Map Rating System
- Add a Rating system for maps. Categories:
- Playability (mechanics of the map, coloring, etc)
- Enjoyability (is it enjoyable)
- Balance (does someone get an advantage?)
- Visual Appeal
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Some maps are just not enjoyable to play. This will provide a constant feedback mechanism for maps after they have left the Foundry.
- Allows Map Makers to revisit map performance in a more trackable way
- Also if possible, a system to report on map usage would be nice, like metrics for Map Makers.
army of nobunaga wrote:You couldnt take volunteers though.. Everyone has their favorite map that they love to see cooks enter. For me its Feudal, cooks come in, make things messy, I clean up.
I think this initiative would have to come from the map makers themselves, most of which do not carry a high rank.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests