Conquer Club

Catch-All Area for "Non-Suggestions" (Complaints)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: How about keeping up with tourneys?

Postby xroads on Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Last I knew, auto tourneys were only handled by ownership, it is his baby.

It would be different if this was a non profit fun site, but it is a business site designed to make money.
Captain xroads

Postby mrswdk on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:31 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Have you considered paying more to the site, so that you are sitting in Michelin star restaurant rather than Wimpys?

lol. So you consider this site to be a POS product not worth paying much money for?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby xroads on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:24 am

mrswdk wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Have you considered paying more to the site, so that you are sitting in Michelin star restaurant rather than Wimpys?

lol. So you consider this site to be a POS product not worth paying much money for?

Yup,

And obviously by your freemium status you do too.

Its ok, when my premium runs out, I wont renew. Then I will never bitch again as I will have forgone that right.

CC has totally lost 25% of its user base in the last 12 months alone, so obviously I am not the only one who feels this way.
Captain xroads

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:55 am

xroads wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:If you feel that strongly, would you consider volunteering some of your time to help ensure this happens?

I am a paying customer, why should I?

If I was a freemium, I wouldn't bitch. But when you are paying for a product, you have that right.

That is like going to a restaurant, complaining about the service, and then they ask you to help cook your own meal.

There was never any chance that one man could possibly do all the things that are required here. What you are paying for is the core service, that the basic game works, most of the time. All the extras -- the tournaments, the contests, the clan wars, hell even most of the maps -- have always been a volunteer effort over and above the basic game.

The true analogy is not a restaurant asking you to cook your own meal. An accurate analogy would be when your Chess Club has its meetings at a local coffeehouse. What you are paying for is coffee. The chess tournament is run by volunteers. You have a right to bitch if the coffee sucks. You have a right to bitch when the server goes down or data file corruption ruins your game. Everything over and above that is a function of the club, not the owner.

It's true that there are overlaps, such as "official" tournaments that are in some way guided by the owner, but they are still at their heart, community activities. I guess the extention of the analogy would be that sometimes the owner of the coffeehouse and the president of the chess club work together on some special promotion that benefits both.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby xroads on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:03 am

Dukasaur wrote:
xroads wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:If you feel that strongly, would you consider volunteering some of your time to help ensure this happens?

If I was a freemium, I wouldn't bitch. But when you are paying for a product, you have that right.

That is like going to a restaurant, complaining about the service, and then they ask you to help cook your own meal.

There was never any chance that one man could possibly do all the things that are required here. What you are paying for is the core service, that the basic game works, most of the time. All the extras -- the tournaments, the contests, the clan wars, hell even most of the maps -- have always been a volunteer effort over and above the basic game.

The true analogy is not a restaurant asking you to cook your own meal. An accurate analogy would be when your Chess Club has its meetings at a local coffeehouse. What you are paying for is coffee. The chess tournament is run by volunteers. You have a right to bitch if the coffee sucks. You have a right to bitch when the server goes down or data file corruption ruins your game. Everything over and above that is a function of the club, not the owner.

It's true that there are overlaps, such as "official" tournaments that are in some way guided by the owner, but they are still at their heart, community activities. I guess the extention of the analogy would be that sometimes the owner of the coffeehouse and the president of the chess club work together on some special promotion that benefits both.

That is funny,

because everytime I contacted someone about Auto Tourneys, the answer I always get is that they are ran by owners and volunteers dont have anything to do with them.
Captain xroads

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:24 am

xroads wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
xroads wrote:

That is funny,

because everytime I contacted someone about Auto Tourneys, the answer I always get is that they are ran by owners and volunteers dont have anything to do with them.

You never got that answer asking about any of my autotourneys.

And yeah, the autotournament engine itself is run by the owner and we can't directly do anything to it. But more and more, the front part is being opened up, first to the TDs and eventually to other TOs. So, if you have an issue with the engine itself you need to contact BW (unlike previous owners, he does respond to PMs) but if you're talking about the creative front-end part of the tournament then you may need to speak to me or someone else, depending exactly on what the tournament is.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby xroads on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:40 am

Dukasaur wrote:
xroads wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
xroads wrote:

That is funny,

You never got that answer asking about any of my autotourneys.

And yeah, the autotournament engine itself is run by the owner and we can't directly do anything to it. But more and more, the front part is being opened up, first to the TDs and eventually to other TOs. So, if you have an issue with the engine itself you need to contact BW (unlike previous owners, he does respond to PMs) but if you're talking about the creative front-end part of the tournament then you may need to speak to me or someone else, depending exactly on what the tournament is.

BULLSHIT!

I have pm's him several times about auto tourneys with not one response.

I would be more then happy to volunteer to start & run auto tourneys. There is so many cool ones that could be done.
Captain xroads

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby mrswdk on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:59 am

Would this be the right moment at which to call for justice for master cod?

Regardless of his later meltdown, he got screwed and then brushed off when he tried to call the tournament admins on it.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:14 pm

mrswdk wrote:Would this be the right moment at which to call for justice for master cod?

Regardless of his later meltdown, he got screwed and then brushed off when he tried to call the tournament admins on it.

This definitely needs to be fixed.

In regards to others who are posting here and not really fully understanding the situation, any auto-tournament that isn't part of an event (so far, afaik, only Olympics and Great War) has been run by bW. It's generally these tournaments and the way the creation system works that causes problems.
Cook iAmCaffeine

parachute,nuclear where can I find out how to play these gam

Postby Nordek on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:38 am

[Delete Me]
PLACE THE NAME OF THE SUGGESTION IN THE SUBJECT LINE!

Things to remember when posting a new suggestion are that the dice are random, and that lots of analysis has been done on them both internally and public by community members. Also, please take time to search for previous similar suggestions and, if possible, to check current and archived threads before posting something "new". Delete the xxxxxxx, and substitute your text.

Any questions, contact one of the Suggestions Moderators.
[/Delete Me]

Concise description:
  • xxxxxxx

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • xxxxxxx
Lieutenant Nordek

Re: parachute,nuclear where can I find out how to play these

Postby IcePack on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:22 am

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: parachute,nuclear where can I find out how to play these

Postby owenshooter on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:55 pm

IcePack wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions3

good answer... i was just trying to decipher that post!!! good luck, nordek!!! are you just coming back or just branching out?!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

christmas???

Postby dildobaggins on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:13 am

[Christmas Map]
What ever happened to having the christmas map to play during December????
:sick: :shock: :roll:
Captain dildobaggins

Re: christmas???

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:29 am

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:26 am

dildobaggins wrote:[Christmas Map]

It's open now.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=216241#p4762761
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:12 pm

dildobaggins wrote:[Christmas Map]

it was replaced with the Birth of Black Jesus map... Black Jesus is the reason for the season!!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Getting rid of owenshooter

Postby ws1 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:29 pm

[Delete Me]
PLACE THE NAME OF THE SUGGESTION IN THE SUBJECT LINE!

Things to remember when posting a new suggestion are that the dice are random, and that lots of analysis has been done on them both internally and public by community members. Also, please take time to search for previous similar suggestions and, if possible, to check current and archived threads before posting something "new". Delete the xxxxxxx, and substitute your text.

Any questions, contact one of the Suggestions Moderators.
[/Delete Me]

Get rid of this pork breated M.F,'er and I might renew.
  • xxxxxxx

[b]Specifics/Details:

• xxxxxxx

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • xxxxxxx
Sergeant 1st Class ws1

Location: Chicago, New York, Detroit and its all on the same street

Re: Getting rid of owenshooter

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:35 pm

I went to your profile and read this. I figured you are either on vacation or joined the dark side.

Occupation:Fighting Idiocracy and the PC movement every waking moment of my life. While at the same time looking for a place to hide, cause the clueless morons are breeding, multiplying and winning. For the time being anyhow.

People like Owen can wear on you but he helps add color to the site.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:51 pm

owen's not SOO bad, he just needs some new material. he trods out the same old shit everytime. start thinking outside the black box, owen. flex your head!!!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby ws1 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:01 am

You know what. You guys are right.
Sergeant 1st Class ws1

Location: Chicago, New York, Detroit and its all on the same street

Postby riskllama on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:27 pm

WHO is right? we can't all be, can we?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby degaston on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Evil Semp wrote:I went to your profile and read this. I figured you are either on vacation or joined the dark side.

Occupation:Fighting Idiocracy and the PC movement every waking moment of my life. While at the same time looking for a place to hide, cause the clueless morons are breeding, multiplying and winning. For the time being anyhow.

People like Owen can wear on you but he helps add color to the site.

Brigadier degaston

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:31 pm

There's now way this will ever mutate into a legitimate suggestion. Locked and archived.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions