Conquer Club

Catch-All Area for "Non-Suggestions" (Complaints)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Why do we try? I suggest we stop.

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:35 pm

So I guess new scoreboard features and a restructure of Team CC (which really does affect everyone in the forums) just this past week aren't good enough? Nevermind the 2 updates that will directly improve tournaments that will be coming soon (with 1 that took a TON of coding).
Major Night Strike

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 pm

MOAR!!!! We wants MOAR!!!!

8-[
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Night Strike wrote:So I guess new scoreboard features and a restructure of Team CC (which really does affect everyone in the forums) just this past week aren't good enough? Nevermind the 2 updates that will directly improve tournaments that will be coming soon (with 1 that took a TON of coding).

What about all the damn incredible Ideas I read here that I KNOW dont take a ton of coding?

Its like blitaholic is in charge of changes here... YES WE NEED MORE TOP PLAYER STUFF, YES WE NEED MORE CLAN STUFF

What about the FUCKING 5000 others of US THAT DONT DO CLANS OF FUCKING SCOREBOARDS??????

But you are right, I think 100 people or so are very happy.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby pmchugh on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:57 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
Night Strike wrote:So I guess new scoreboard features and a restructure of Team CC (which really does affect everyone in the forums) just this past week aren't good enough? Nevermind the 2 updates that will directly improve tournaments that will be coming soon (with 1 that took a TON of coding).

What about all the damn incredible Ideas I read here that I KNOW dont take a ton of coding?

Its like blitaholic is in charge of changes here... YES WE NEED MORE TOP PLAYER STUFF, YES WE NEED MORE CLAN STUFF

What about the FUCKING 5000 others of US THAT DONT DO CLANS OF FUCKING SCOREBOARDS??????

Emm what major changes have there been revolving clans in the last emmm well ever?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:02 pm

none that I know of, I dont do clans. .... If te management DID make clans a more viable fun option, I would be in, but that is another bunch of suggestions that get ignored.
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Gold Knight on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm

pmchugh wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:

Emm what major changes have there been revolving clans in the last emmm well ever?

Very true, clans havent gotten anything that i can remember, and we've had a forum just for clan-related ideas for quite a long time.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby pmchugh on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:none that I know of, I dont do clans. .... If te management DID make clans a more viable fun option, I would be in, but that is another bunch of suggestions that get ignored.

Don't get me wrong im not complaining, Im just saying that your complaints don't really make sense. They have had one scoreboard update and no clan updates recently, most updates tend to be varied as far as I can see.

I think the thing that frustrates people is the fact that there seems to be few official responses to suggestions in this forum and when they are accepted they just sit and rot on the to-do list for years.

And how do you suggest making clans "a more viable fun option"?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 pm

pmchugh wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:none that I know of, I dont do clans. .... If te management DID make clans a more viable fun option, I would be in, but that is another bunch of suggestions that get ignored.

Don't get me wrong im not complaining, Im just saying that your complaints don't really make sense. They have had one scoreboard update and no clan updates recently, most updates tend to be varied as far as I can see.

I think the thing that frustrates people is the fact that there seems to be few official responses to suggestions in this forum and when they are accepted they just sit and rot on the to-do list for years.

And how do you suggest making clans "a more viable fun option"?

Oh I see what you are saying. Im sorry.

I thought dude said there was clan ranking or something. Im really not in the loop about clans. This is just a thread about the literally 100 ideas below this thread that would improve this site and advance the game of risk.

cheers.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:26 pm

There is definitely a lack of structure and response in this forum.

However, I plan to change that. :) With the new Team CC Reorganization, and a new idea structure...I think I've got something that can make everyone happy. Or at least, everyone not angry. Which is the point of decisions in life, right? Keeping away not-angry-ness? :)

Expect more to come of this next week, as my time is currently being spent in the Discussions Forum and the International Forums, getting those structured. :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:52 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:There is definitely a lack of structure and response in this forum.

However, I plan to change that. :) With the new Team CC Reorganization, and a new idea structure...I think I've got something that can make everyone happy. Or at least, everyone not angry. Which is the point of decisions in life, right? Keeping away not-angry-ness? :)

Expect more to come of this next week, as my time is currently being spent in the Discussions Forum and the International Forums, getting those structured. :D

--Andy

Andy, I wont lie. I like you. you are always answering. You have great online persona. You have no enemys. You have an online positive outlook.

A man could make a fortune with you as his right hand trigger man. You are a great public face. I see you on facebook and here.

But sorry man, you night be backing a losing cause.... I dont see a lot changing. Even for free, I could round up a passel of good php and java coders and kick this site up ten notches, all for free. And it would never be accepted.... I think medicrity is ok as long as is brings in the z dollars here. And thats fine... I was just proposing we all quit wasting our time with great ideas....

Or maybe someone and someone like cairns can start their own site... I dunno.

God bless Capitalism.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby lestat101 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:17 am

Damn, I was hoping to stay out of the forums until I was able to achieve better stats, but alas you leave me no choice...lol

I can't stay silent on a subject like this because I have about 50+ ideas that would benefit this site tremendously, but if they will only be over looked I will regress only to say that if the owner of the site isn't a programmer and has to pay to update the site, then he/she should definitely allow others to help with simple fixes (especially map making) when possible.

If anyone in management truly wants some 'suggestions' (map building tutorials, site interface or makeover and template, simple coding for simple fixes, etc etc etc etc..lol), go ahead and post here or pm me, but I am not going to waste my time if admin. doesn't want to take the time or effort to look into it.

A make over on the main page would be a great place to start. IMO
Last edited by lestat101 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 1st Class lestat101

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:28 am

lestat101 wrote:Damn, I was hoping to stay out of the forums until I was able to achieve better stats, but alas you leave me no choice...lol

I can't stay silent on a subject like this because I have about 50+ ideas that would benefit this site tremendously, but if they will only be over looked I will regress only to say that if the owner of the site isn't a programmer and has to pay to update the site, then he/she should definitely allow others to help with simple fixes (especially map making) when possible.

If anyone in management truly wants some 'suggestions' (map building tutorials, site interface or makeover and template, simple coding for simple fixes, etc etc etc etc..lol), go ahead and post here or pm me, but I am not going to waste my time if management doesn't want to take the time or effort to look into it.

Exactly dude... I have met you about 1000 times on the web in various games like Cyber Nations and Astro empires. The poeple that have those sites are millionaires because of the backs of guys like you.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby lestat101 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:38 am

army of nobunaga wrote:
lestat101 wrote:Damn, I was hoping to stay out of the forums until I was able to achieve better stats, but alas you leave me no choice...lol

If anyone in management truly wants some 'suggestions' (map building tutorials, site interface or makeover and template, simple coding for simple fixes, etc etc etc etc..lol), go ahead and post here or pm me, but I am not going to waste my time if management doesn't want to take the time or effort to look into it.

Exactly dude... I have met you about 1000 times on the web in various games like Cyber Nations and Astro empires. The poeple that have those sites are millionaires because of the backs of guys like you.

lol...well I am retired now and do this mostly as a hobby, but I do know what you are saying.

Honestly I could spend about an hour building a multi user forum/game site that would look better than this.

I am just offering my help if they want it. I like the game and I like the site. I will help if they want it.

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:45 am

lestat101 wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:

lol...well I am retired now and do this mostly as a hobby, but I do know what you are saying.

Honestly I could spend about an hour building a multi user forum/game site that would look better than this.

I am just offering my help if they want it. I like the game and I like the site. I will help if they want it.

the sad thing is man.. from my experience here... THEY DONT WANT IT.,,, thats why i made this thread... I wish I had a site, id use your ass. you and andy. This site is just a waste of good people that want more.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Incandenza on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:48 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2007: 1v1! Fog of war! Assassin! Speed games!
2008: Ratings! Medals! Classic Art!
2009: Random map! Medals! Cutesy Club!
2010: Staffing changes! Sortable scoreboard! (and of course, only sortable within a very limited capacity)

Anyone see a trend here?
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby lestat101 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:50 am

....and that is why CC is dying.

I agree with you that it doesn't make sense. CC has a great foundation and has fair structure, it just needs a bit of TLC. IMO

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:55 am

Incandenza wrote:

2010: Staffing changes! Sortable scoreboard! (and of course, only sortable within a very limited capacity)

Anyone see a trend here?

You would have to enlighten me man... I like your style but I dont get the point here. I know when I started CC there were or seemed to be a shit load more people...
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Incandenza on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:25 am

army of nobunaga wrote:
Incandenza wrote:

Anyone see a trend here?

You would have to enlighten me man... I like your style but I dont get the point here. I know when I started CC there were or seemed to be a shit load more people...

The point is that in 2007, there were two killer upgrades (1v1 and speed) and three great ones (fog, assassin, and 8-player, which I forgot about). In 2010, Team CC is crowing about staffing changes and a scoreboard sortable by country. The bar has really been lowered.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Travin on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:55 am

Three examples of something simple and functional that could be added with little or no effort. (Yes CC developers, you can have my source if you want it)

CLAN Bunkers (24 programming hours): http://travin.com/cc/

Web Mobile site (48 programming hours): http://travin.com/cc/mobile.php

Game search, filtered by rank (4 programming hours): http://travin.com/cc/rank_search.php
Cook Travin

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:28 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:I dont know the guy that runs the site.

All I know is rudimentry code, business, and who shot JFK (kinda serious).

I see great suggestions here all day. all week. Some that would take no work at all to implement, or rather maybe an afternoon of coding to change.

I see map makers dedicated to making this the best site ever for risk ; and all doing it for free.

I see a lot of incredible people that make a lot of drama, and really its the drama that makes it fun, and these people are larger than life all over the place in games and in forum.

And finally, I see ownership or management or whatever it is that simply doesnt give a f*ck. The bucks coming in at the end of the year are X amount and the costs are y amount and the profit is z amount, and z amount is enough for the guy or people.

There are great great improvement Ideas here. I was the director of marketing for 12 hospitals and I recognize good ideas that will increase membership moneys. But they go by the wayside.

Some of the things I have suggested are so fucking simple they hurt and I know damnwell they would help. Noone has suggested making a CC facebook app.. that would make the guy/group fucking rich beyond belief. But why at this point I wonder would anyone suggest stuff.

I SUGGEST we just all stop trying and play risk, err CC.

That is my suggestion and I wonder how long till im censured.

thanx
b

What, you think that waiting three fucking years for suggestions that have been ACCEPTED is too long? Actually, I think we're coming up on four years for some. But hey, we got fucking NUCLEAR SPOILS, so it's all good!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby cena-rules on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 pm

If you dont like it, nobody is making you stay. Also, you are going on about how we have all these good suggestions, yet you clog up the forum with a pathetic snipe at lack.
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby kazoo on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:21 pm

CC is doing the best they can and its not your problem if they don't make that much money. I see plenty of positive changes and you can't expect too much.
Captain kazoo

Postby AAFitz on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:There is definitely a lack of structure and response in this forum.

--Andy

Well, keeping away angryness is cool, but in general the point of decisions is to achieve objectives. Granted, if the objective is to prevent angryness....
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby mibi on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:46 pm

look how many upgrades were in this single update

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37113

Now a days, CC would string that out for 18 months.

but i have a feeling there is a huge update around the corner..
Captain mibi

Postby Gold Knight on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:15 pm

mibi wrote:look how many upgrades were in this single update

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37113

Now a days, CC would string that out for 18 months.

but i have a feeling there is a huge update around the corner..

Are we going to be able to pick what color our troops are?!?!!?

I have also notice how "upgrades" have taken a recent fall-off in their improvement to the game. Thats why people are here, the game. Not the scoreboard adjustments, not making nuclear spoils that put a bigger factor on getting lucky, the original game that we grew up playing. The 2007 upgrades listed earlier were great, i dont play some of them but they are at least unique styles of play that take a different thought process to acheieve goals. Certain areas of the site are growing, examples of tournaments, clans, and others but i only see limitations and restrictions on these things rather than progress. I have a slightly different view of these co-leading a clan with jpcloet, and its easy to see frustration when things are attempted for improvement and are not able to be acted upon.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions