Conquer Club

[GF] Multiple game creation/ Game Generator

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Multiple game creation

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:54 pm

I am wondering if, while we wait for this to be reviewed and implemented (you know, say, around 2015) would it be possible to make a grease monkey script that saves your settings and allows you to simply open the page then it inputs all info?

Not a full fix but at least a bit better.

And yes, this idea should be implemented, at least for TOs!
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby GallantPellham on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:03 pm

I like it!
Captain GallantPellham

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:08 pm

#1_stunna wrote:good idea.

but since I am one lazy sob, I pick the map and the settings I want and click "create", literally a million times, and booya you got your games.

This is what I do. If i want 5 games on one map i click on the create game 5 or 6 times in a row and you have 5 or 6 games.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby jefjef on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:

but since I am one lazy sob, I pick the map and the settings I want and click "create", literally a million times, and booya you got your games.

This is what I do. If i want 5 games on one map i click on the create game 5 or 6 times in a row and you have 5 or 6 games.

As noted earlier that does not work for all of us. :D

EDIT: I just tried it again and BINGO. Just 1 game created.
Last edited by jefjef on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel jefjef

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:36 pm

I like it too. But someone hit the nail on the head, the procedure for it. I know when we had database issues lack put in a place of when you create a new game that already has similar settings. It jumped to a screen asking are you sure you want to create a new game. Having said that I'm not sure it applies anymore as it seems those issues with server and db has been fixed.
But there needs to be something in place to prevent abuse. Ie a maximum at one time. Though the maximum waiting players you can create is 50.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:20 pm

I really have no opinion on this.

I can see the use of it, while I can also imagine having every premium member start 50 games at a time rather than 1. But seeing as I only ever go to use the search for speed games, I would not encounter the problem of filtering through all those games. I can't even say if it would be more common than it is now to start that many games if it was easier.

But since it's an additional feature and the coding of it is very simple, I approve of this being part of the site.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:19 am

jefjef wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

As noted earlier that does not work for all of us. :D

EDIT: I just tried it again and BINGO. Just 1 game created.

That's because you suck jefjef. ..|.. (Just for you big guy; I think you're smart enough to figure that one out, ya dirt roading Iowan Idjit.

Other than that, it's a good idea because if we don't have it, then we'll constantly hear wimps like jefjef frequentely complain about how they can't make more than one game at a time because their weak little fingers can't click the create game button fast enough. Oh sure, it's not their fault, just something else.

*Two thumbs up. Limit of 10 sounds reasonable, and tourneys can be made quicker, so it's all good. Doesn't seem to hard to implement does it?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:51 am

Sounds like a good idea.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby jefjef on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:45 pm

The vast majority of posters here Like & want to see this implemented. Whats the next step?

Where does it go from here?
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Re: *~Multiple game creation~*

Postby MegasWoman on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Good idea JefJef!

Also please that you were able to pull that thong out long enough to let the blood circulate to your brain so you could think of it!
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby haggispittjr on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:35 pm

what about assholes who create thousands of games like that and mess up the site, i hope this doesnt get implemented.
Lieutenant haggispittjr

Postby jefjef on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:48 pm

haggispittjr wrote:what about assholes who create thousands of games like that and mess up the site, i hope this doesnt get implemented.

Speaking of.........

Players can only have up to 50 games waiting to play. If the site couldn't support this it would not have the capability right now to have 50 games waiting to be played for every premium player..........

This is just a request to be able to make up to 10 at a time. No effect on the server whatsoever.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby haggispittjr on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:16 pm

as long as you cant make hundreds of open games its a fine idea i suppose.
Lieutenant haggispittjr

Postby TheMissionary on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Bruceswar wrote:indeed a great idea. Tournament games could be made ASAP. :)

I agree, it can be a pain creating 60-70 games for a tournament in a reasonable amount of time. Some days i have plenty of time to do it, but there are the days that i don't have much time at all and those seem to be the times that i have the most to do.

Overall, good suggestion.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby b00060 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Would be a big help!
Major b00060

Postby ronsizzle on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:14 pm

i think jefjef should win the cc nobel prize for this idea. what an amazing thought. it is a wonder noone has thought of this before... :roll:

it used to be easy to hit create game button 25 times. but now for some reason, it doesnt work as well.

i would like to nominate jefjef alongside of jr24 as the two best guys ever on cc. what an absolute marvel this would be. with ideas like this, modship is just around the corner.

thanks jefjef for allowing me to look at tomorrows day on cc with a brighter smile.
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby jefjef on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:17 am

ljex wrote:Id like it if you could create multiple games of the same settings at once instead of having to create them all individually. I feel this would increase the ease of creating games. I don't know about anyone else but sometimes i create 20-30 of the same exact game at a time and it would be really nice to be able to enter the settings, enter 30, and click create.

Don't know if anyone has suggested this but i haven't seen it suggested anywhere.
Colonel jefjef

Postby slash17 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:05 am

Sounds good,but im concerned on the farming part lol
Sergeant 1st Class slash17

Postby jammyjames on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:40 pm

like i said from the beginning just click create really dast over and over, and you simulaneously create like 10 at a time...
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Woltato on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Great idea. totally agree.
Sergeant Woltato

Postby jefjef on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:33 am

jammyjames wrote:like i said from the beginning just click create really dast over and over, and you simulaneously create like 10 at a time...

Like it's been stated that does not work for all of us.

And as far as farming goes this will not increase it. The "farmers" make the games anyway.
Colonel jefjef

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:51 am

jefjef wrote:Concise description:
  • Multiple game creation

Specifics:
  • Be able to specify the number of games you wish to create.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
[list]
[*]Instead of making 1 game at a time why not be able to specify how many you wish to create (within limits of course) Say be able to create up to 10 on the same map - same rules without having to enter start a game 10 times to do it. It will make farming a lot quicker for those of us who are lazy :D

I suggested a script for this already and it was rejected by Lackattack. Due to players creating games and deadbeating on purpose was the logic behind the rejection.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby gcwca_4_life on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:00 am

Why not just listen to stunna? It's the only actual way to do it. ;)
tdans wrote:lets rock this joint :D... or.. lets have them Blow this,,,,,, joint

I'm the insane guy, that you never wanna meet... See the end of my blade? It's sharp. hehe
Lieutenant gcwca_4_life

Postby jefjef on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 pm

gcwca_4_life wrote:

Why not just listen to stunna? It's the only actual way to do it. ;)

I will state this one more time. Pounding the create a bunch of times does not work for all of us. My comp seems to be on the fast side. (Or i have a slow mouse.)

And frankly why would this be a bad idea? Being able to create X amount of games with one click = win/win.

Those who run tourneys sure like it.
Colonel jefjef

MAKING GAMES!!!

Postby Ladymindkey on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Make a new option to make more then one game at the same time so we don't have to keep going back to do the same thing over and over.

Specifics:
Have an option button to make multiples of the game options. So instead of making one game at a time you can make 5 or 10 for those of us who start lots of new games.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:

I think it'll improve the site sense it'll make it easier to make more games. The more games available the more people might think of joining. :)
Cook Ladymindkey

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions