Conquer Club

[GF] Multiple game creation/ Game Generator

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: MAKING GAMES!!!

Postby jefjef on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:19 pm

There is support for this sugg. CC just hasn't made a decision I guess.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96974&hilit=multiple+game+creation

FYI. For some peeps if you rapidly click the create button they can get a few games created.

I have been able to make a couple a couple diff times that way. My comp is too fast or something to be successful doing that.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:02 am

jefjef wrote:There is support for this sugg. CC just hasn't made a decision I guess.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96974&hilit=multiple+game+creation

FYI. For some peeps if you rapidly click the create button they can get a few games created.

I have been able to make a couple a couple diff times that way. My comp is too fast or something to be successful doing that.

Don't seem to work on Chrome
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:12 am

Not gonna happen. CC has decided before that this would clog up the number of pending games even more, something they don't want. They need people to join all of the games already started, not start their own. If you search for your preferred settings in Game Finder, you should find a lot of games anyway, no need to create them all yourself.

PS In game finder, search very specifically. Otherwise, you get a bunch of random games with in-between settings that you don't like as much.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby eddie2 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:03 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:Not gonna happen. CC has decided before that this would clog up the number of pending games even more, something they don't want. They need people to join all of the games already started, not start their own. If you search for your preferred settings in Game Finder, you should find a lot of games anyway, no need to create them all yourself.

PS In game finder, search very specifically. Otherwise, you get a bunch of random games with in-between settings that you don't like as much.

hi they have already sorted the problem about same games getting started as it alerts you that there is games of type waiting for players.

also i highlighted this about the clicks before all you do is change conection to normal dial up and you can make multiple games by fast clicking the button.
Captain eddie2

Postby wreckead on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:35 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:Not gonna happen. CC has decided before that this would clog up the number of pending games even more, something they don't want. They need people to join all of the games already started, not start their own. If you search for your preferred settings in Game Finder, you should find a lot of games anyway, no need to create them all yourself.

doing this has the same problem, you set all the search parameters and fnd a few games but once you join one it resets so you have to input all over again.

what we need really is an opton to save "our searchs " or our "setup" that would be damned useful tbh.. =D>
Colonel wreckead

Postby wreckead on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 pm

eddie2 wrote:

hi they have already sorted the problem about same games getting started as it alerts you that there is games of type waiting for players.

also i highlighted this about the clicks before all you do is change conection to normal dial up and you can make multiple games by fast clicking the button.

who has normal dialup anymore?
Colonel wreckead

Re: *~Multiple game creation~*

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 am

I fully support this idea.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby wreckead on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:14 pm

jefjef wrote:Concise description:
  • Multiple game creation

Specifics:
  • Be able to specify the number of games you wish to create.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
[list]
[*]Instead of making 1 game at a time why not be able to specify how many you wish to create (within limits of course) Say be able to create up to 10 on the same map - same rules without having to enter start a game 10 times to do it. It will make farming a lot quicker for those of us who are lazy :D

this suggestion has already been made as you know because you posted on it. are you trying to steal the idea ?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115559&p=2564133#p2564133
Colonel wreckead

Postby jefjef on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:56 pm

wreckead wrote:
  • Multiple game creation

Specifics:

[list]
[*]Instead of making 1 game at a time why not be able to specify how many you wish to create (within limits of course) Say be able to create up to 10 on the same map - same rules without having to enter start a game 10 times to do it. It will make farming a lot quicker for those of us who are lazy :D

this suggestion has already been made as you know because you posted on it. are you trying to steal the idea ?

wreaked. Your vindictiveness towards me blinds you.

Not that it really matters look at the date I created this thread. Sept 18, 2009.

look at the date of the thread your citing. Apr 24, 2010 :roll:

How about you just support this and stop being what you are...
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:
  • Multiple game creation

Specifics:

[list]

I suggested a script for this already and it was rejected by Lackattack. Due to players creating games and deadbeating on purpose was the logic behind the rejection.

Wouldnt those players make a large number of games and deadbeat on purpose, with or without the ability to make many games at once?
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby jefjef on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:
  • Multiple game creation

Specifics:

[list]

I suggested a script for this already and it was rejected by Lackattack. Due to players creating games and deadbeating on purpose was the logic behind the rejection.

Wouldnt those players make a large number of games and deadbeat on purpose, with or without the ability to make many games at once?

There is a 50 waiting game limit. People that want that many can all ready make that many. I just hate having to make em 1 at a time. Every now and then I can make two but thats only rarely.
Colonel jefjef

Postby wreckead on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 am

jefjef wrote:
wreckead wrote:
  • Multiple game creation

Specifics:

[list]

wreaked. Your vindictiveness towards me blinds you.

Not that it really matters look at the date I created this thread. Sept 18, 2009.

look at the date of the thread your citing. Apr 24, 2010 :roll:

How about you just support this and stop being what you are...

you think me vindictive lol not at all just misread, my apologies. i do fully support the idea and think also as i said before that we could possibly have a setup save feature because most people set up their games the same every time. so yes your multi's save time and then saved setup will on future setups also avoids them games that you accidentally setup wrong :oops:

btw what am i and how do i stop being that ?
Colonel wreckead

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:25 am

Personally, I think this idea that someone who creates a lot of games on a particular map is designated as a farmer is just wrong. Some of the more specialized maps have a dedicated following. I have seen several people who I used to play a lot disappear, simply because of that charge.

It matters less now that I am freemium, and can only play a few games anyway. However, if you play a competetive game and cannot stand to lose .. you should not be playing. The problem comes when people pounce on newbies and then, to top it off, are not very nice about it. That does drive people away.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 pm

I see that this idea was rejected before and there is a bit of debate here about people just creating lots of games for farming etc. but in all of this there is, I feel, one very valid and important issue... tournament games. Some tournaments, require loads of identical games, which all have to be created one by one in a long and tedious process. A multiple game creation option would be welcomed and embraced by tournament organisers. Now, I might get shot down in flames for being "bias" towards tournament organisers, but I am going to suggest that this feature, if added, is made available only for tournament games. This could be a first way of introducing this idea, and could be "test driven" in this manner. Just a thought.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:I see that this idea was rejected before and there is a bit of debate here about people just creating lots of games for farming etc. but in all of this there is, I feel, one very valid and important issue... tournament games. Some tournaments, require loads of identical games, which all have to be created one by one in a long and tedious process. A multiple game creation option would be welcomed and embraced by tournament organisers. Now, I might get shot down in flames for being "bias" towards tournament organisers, but I am going to suggest that this feature, if added, is made available only for tournament games. This could be a first way of introducing this idea, and could be "test driven" in this manner. Just a thought.

Cheers, JB ;)

I had the exact same thought, only with tourny games...
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu May 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Merged the topics posted by JefJef and LadyMindKey
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 1:12 am

i dont know if this has already been said but if you have a game ready to be created and you spam click the create button you can get a lot of that game made at once
General ccatman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 07, 2010 2:09 am

ccatman wrote:i dont know if this has already been said but if you have a game ready to be created and you spam click the create button you can get a lot of that game made at once

I know for a fact this does not work on Google Chrome
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 2:16 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
ccatman wrote:i dont know if this has already been said but if you have a game ready to be created and you spam click the create button you can get a lot of that game made at once

it might just work cause my computer takes a while to load thing(or atleast longer than most computers) so it gives me a chance to easily click it
you could always try it again
General ccatman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 07, 2010 2:21 am

ccatman wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

it might just work cause my computer takes a while to load thing(or atleast longer than most computers) so it gives me a chance to easily click it
you could always try it again

Tried it several times on here. Whether it be slow clicks, or SPAM clicking as fast as possible. Neither worked, and my laptop isn't all that fast at loading things either ;)
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 2:25 am

i did it for the first time today i should try doing it again but not tonight its too late
ill do it again tomorrow and tell you what happens

--btw i use firefox i dont think it makes a difference though
General ccatman

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 am

i got bored and tested it out again and yes it did work again
General ccatman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 07, 2010 2:39 am

I have tried it out on Firefox, and yes it works there.

Not on Google Chrome.

The 2 browsers works differently, and FF allows you to do the multiple click to create many games. But Google Chrome doesn't
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ccatman on Fri May 07, 2010 2:40 am

thats good to hear problem solved
also for anyone else who comes by this thread the amount of games created isnt equal to the amount of times you click the create button some of the clicks dont get registered(for me atleast) just something people mmight wanna know.
General ccatman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 07, 2010 2:47 am

Lol problem is, the browser i use is GC :P But i don't really care. I don't tend to Mass create of 1 type of game
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions