- Give ratings a lifetime, so that each single rating expires after 3 months -or-
- Give ratings a fill zone of 100 ratings, so that each new rating after the 100th will knock off the oldest rating
- If a rating is given on May 1st, 2010 it will expire on August 1st, 2010 -or-
- each player has a fill zone of 100 ratings. Every rating after the 100th will knock out the oldest or "first" rating in the fill zone
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- Allows ratings given unfairly or improperly to simply disappear over time or get washed out of the fill zone
- Might save some frustration from players who felt they received unfair ratings
- When players are convicted of Ratings Violations in the C&A Forum, offended players will know that the ratings will disappear over time or get washed out, as opposed to staying forever under the current system
- Hello, Can anyone say "Policeboy?"
- Might save server space. I don't know how much room those ratings take up, but even any size it would be nice to be able to limit the server space dedicated to something trivial.
- Gives a better snapshot of how a player is performing at the given 6-month moment or over their last 100 games. (Works both ways...if a player started on CC poorly, then improved...or...if a player started well and then began to act like a jerk.)