Give Ratings a Lifetime or Fill Zone

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Give Ratings a Lifetime or Fill Zone

Postby squishyg on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:25 am

i vote no ratings at all. they are bs anyway. mostly everyone are teenagers and they can't be trusted for hormonally balanced responses that stay on your record.
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:07 pm

pmchugh wrote:
Jatekos wrote:I don't think that ratings should expire or be deleted after any number of games.

The more ratings received the more accurately they represent the attributes of the given player, because of the larger sample. It is true that improving low ratings can be more difficult if they are kept in the system and will not expire. Still, I think maintaining a historical record provides additional information, and should not be deleted.

=D> =D>
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Captain Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:20 am

Bruceswar wrote:
pmchugh wrote:
Jatekos wrote:I don't think that ratings should expire or be deleted after any number of games.

The more ratings received the more accurately they represent the attributes of the given player, because of the larger sample. It is true that improving low ratings can be more difficult if they are kept in the system and will not expire. Still, I think maintaining a historical record provides additional information, and should not be deleted.

=D> =D>

Bruceswar, I think you are hardly in the position to support pcmchugh and Jatekos' comments. You are a society instructor and, as such, you are in hundreds of games with society members. You are, by virtue, being helpful and kind in those games and verily should be free from negative ratings from those members. Certainly those members could rate you down, but I doubt that any of them ever would do that. The weight of yours and other Society Volunteers ratings received is skewed based on ratings from players you teach directly in a game.

In addition, you've played over 5000 games, which further skews your rating. I think you should look at it fromt he perspective of the casual player or the player who has played less than 1000 games. Terrible ratings skew the newer or less frequent member's average rating.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 am

edwinissweet wrote:i like the one where after a set number or raitings the old ones to be "washed out" its kind of like your second chance. Its a good way to show that you've reformed

Good point! Nice way for a new player to avoid getting hammered by unfair low ratings.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby AAFitz on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am

Actually, this would only allow players like herpes to hide the fact that she was very unsportsmanlike in her earlier days, and quite frankly its very clear this entire suggestion is only to improve her own ratings.

I do however, agree that new players should be shielded from negative results from early ratings, because it can unfairly tarnish them. I believe if the suggestion is changed, to simply ignore the first 3 months of ratings, than the system will work more fairly.

If ratings are ignored, than they will fail to represent the true character of the player, because their past will be wiped clean. As it stands now, the ratings are very effective in predicting the behavior of every player. The only ones negatively punished are the newest players, who I myself have suggested protecting a number of times.

This suggestion however is to have the opposite effect, of protecting the ones that caused problems in games in the first place, and the very people the ratings were meant to warn us of in the first place.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
Lieutenant AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:00 am

JoshyBoy wrote:I echo the sentiments of these guys. I miss feedback. I would like to see it back. CC could appoint a whole team just to take care of the "issues" which would arise from feedback being left.

However, we must stay on topic. :)

feedback is still there...in the response to the rating section...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions